PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed

StinkyPete
February 15th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Hi, my son has seen video of Trainz on YouTube with characters from Thomas The Tank and wants( no that should read demands!!) to be able to do the same. Is it possible to "add" Thomas engines to a basic Trainz product to achieve this??? If so how???? What do I need??

Totally new to this forum and Trainz so any help would be appreciated and may even get my 7 year old off my back.

Peter

NSWGR_46Class
February 15th, 2010, 01:30 AM
The Thomas items are not part of the Trainz package but add on content made by third parties.

I know nothing about where the content comes from but hoping some will be able to fill you in. I do know there were a few issues over the licensing of the items so they may be now hard to find.

It might take a few days for a Thomas expert to reply so jusy hang in there.

All the best

Dave

airtime
February 15th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Hi, my son has seen video of Trainz on YouTube with characters from Thomas The Tank and wants( no that should read demands!!) to be able to do the same. Is it possible to "add" Thomas engines to a basic Trainz product to achieve this??? If so how???? What do I need??

Totally new to this forum and Trainz so any help would be appreciated and may even get my 7 year old off my back.

Peter

Hi Pete, I have found Thomas The Tank Engine and all his friends, you can download who-ever you want from this website...

http://si3d.jimdo.com/locos/

Click on the picture, it'll give you a zip file, download and unzip the file, you will then get the CDP's to install in your trainz program, I think these will work in compatibility mode in Trainz 2009 and Trainz 2010, but don't quote me on that, as I think these were built for Trainz 2004, there is more Thomas and friends on the Download station under the name Magandy.

Hope this helps

Joe Airtime