PDA

View Full Version : Tidewater Coal Run (2009)

lmath320jld
January 31st, 2010, 12:13 PM
How do you fuel the loco????

bigboy4010
January 31st, 2010, 12:44 PM
I can't wait for the day people begin handing out more specific details along with their questions. it would make answering them so much easier.

Okay, so I'm going to assume a few things. If I'm wrong, then too bad. If you're trying to fill a steam engine with coal (which I'm assuming by the title of this) you need to have a coaling tower on the railroad you're running. It can't just be static scenery object either placed over or next to the track. It has to be an actual industry-interactive coaling tower. Take for instance the CNR 250 Coaling Tower on the DLS or the Chama Coaling Tower. They have an actual track as part of them that you stop the engine tender over for it to fill up. Otherwise, if you have something that is just a scenery object, you aren't going to get any coal refills.

rweber95
January 31st, 2010, 04:21 PM
You have to have SP1 installed or the SD70 locos won't run properly. Assuming you have SP1, start the Coal Slip session. Start the loco using the AI command or with the startup panel on the rear wall of the cabin. Then drive forward to just beyond the refueling shed on the platform and stop the loco. A refueling hose will appear automatically and refuel you loco, then it will retract and you can complete the session.

Startup procedure is at http://www.worldoftrainz.com/Pages/Tutorials_TRS2006/TRS2006StartSequence.htm

Bob

TimBurr
January 26th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I cant get the tenders to fill with coal. I,m running the UP bigboy & the Y6B in TS12 on the N&W Y6B westbound Route in a quick drive session. I,m stopped at the Bluefield coaling tower. I had to edit the route to add these two locos because quick drive had no locos to choses from.

Also this is my first TRAINZ product. I'v only had it 3 weeks and I find it fustrating to work with. Can't believe this has been out for 10 years seems and plays like a Beta version and graphics are outdated.

EDIT: I figured it out. You have to be in an exact spot which is only 1-2 foot wide. There is no mention at all in the manual. not even a clue how to reload coal.

KenGreen
January 26th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Tim don't forget to register your copy.
If your PC is not well over spec the graphics may look dated, I personally find the graphics quite acceptable but there again I only use Trainz & FSX and cannot tell the difference between HD & SD television.
Trainz is not a program that is easy to understand it can take months if not years to understand the many nuances of the "game" just read the instruction book check the forums and ask questions for help and if you have patience you will grow to love it.

Ken

TimBurr
January 26th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Tim don't forget to register your copy.
If your PC is not well over spec the graphics may look dated, I personally find the graphics quite acceptable but there again I only use Trainz & FSX and cannot tell the difference between HD & SD television.
Trainz is not a program that is easy to understand it can take months if not years to understand the many nuances of the "game" just read the instruction book check the forums and ask questions for help and if you have patience you will grow to love it.

Ken
I didn't want to register until I was sure I was going to continue playing this Sim. I also don't understand WHY I should register my copy.

My PC is just a few months old, its not a gaming PC but does have an Intel i5 with 6 GB RAM. Nvidia GT 420.
And I do have a gaming PC. Powerfully fast for sure. An Alienware Area 51. But somehow it got 6 years old already. Intel P4.
As far as graphics in TS12, I meant the engine they run from. The technology is old. I am not a computer geek or even half geek, but compared to the few games I'v played in the past 10 years, If world building sims like Trainz were as popular as violent action games, then some big company with big money could make a very very awesome train simulator using the lastest programing tech. And I would gladly pay more for it.

I'v read the manual that came with Trainz. And it covers a lot but in order to completely learn everything Trainz is all involved in would take a thick full size book.

oknotsen
January 26th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I also don't understand WHY I should register my copy.Basicly because most of the people on this forum wont give you a serious or detailed answer when they dont see you have the game registered.
The general idea is that most of us dont like to help people who got the game illigaly.

TimBurr
January 26th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Basicly because most of the people on this forum wont give you a serious or detailed answer when they dont see you have the game registered.
The general idea is that most of us dont like to help people who got the game illigaly.

Well I was stupid and bought the
10th Anniversary Collector's Edition. Paid over $80 US with shipping.
It includes a 30 day First Class Ticket subscription. I think that as soon as I register my copy the 30 days start counting down. And I am not ready to do any downloading. I got to know how it all works first. I can't just start filling out forms & downloading files without keeping track of whats going on. I'll end up with a big confusing mess. I won't know what came from where.
The Problem with this Trainz product is I have to research for answers which bring up new questions. Like I said before I am not a computer geek. I am an old machinist for crying out loud... I have been able to figure out the hands on part of the game. But some of the managing, ok all of the managing assets have me lost. I will figure it all out in time, but I feel like Auran does not realize that someone might buy TS12 who is new to trainz and needs time to learn it. not 30 days.

EDIT: Oh I'v got edition #548. Aannd I just noticed that the 30 day ticket has its own code. So I think I was wrong, I hope that I can register my copy without using up the 30 days. The instructions say to enter the code when I register my copy? so I don't know for sure. no harm in waiting is there?

Thad09
January 26th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Well I was stupid and bought the
10th Anniversary Collector's Edition. Paid over $80 US with shipping.
It includes a 30 day First Class Ticket subscription. I think that as soon as I register my copy the 30 days start counting down. And I am not ready to do any downloading. I got to know how it all works first. I can't just start filling out forms & downloading files without keeping track of whats going on. I'll end up with a big confusing mess. I won't know what came from where.
The Problem with this Trainz product is I have to research for answers which bring up new questions. Like I said before I am not a computer geek. I am an old machinist for crying out loud... I have been able to figure out the hands on part of the game. But some of the managing, ok all of the managing assets have me lost. I will figure it all out in time, but I feel like Auran does not realize that someone might buy TS12 who is new to trainz and needs time to learn it. not 30 days.

If I understand right(and remember right) the FCT is not needed for the later versions of TRAINZ. If and when you decide your copy of the game, the FCT would needed to be also registerd. So you can have the game instaled and not have to worry about the FCT. When your comfortable, you can then use it. And as soon as you register the game, you would be able to acces the DLS(Down Load Server). I would suggest to use the FCT if your DL speed is not the best, that's why I have some.

oknotsen
January 27th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Aannd I just noticed that the 30 day ticket has its own code. So I think I was wrong, I hope that I can register my copy without using up the 30 days. The instructions say to enter the code when I register my copy? so I don't know for sure. no harm in waiting is there?I might not know the answer to your initial answer, but I can tell you that you dont have to fear about those 30 days.

After you register the game, your 30 days dont start. You will have to activated that FCT manually yourself before it starts. So no worries :).

The game "requires" asking a lot of questions. The good news is: Lots of people dont mind or even like to give answers (that is.. to registered versions; sorry).

Take your time; no rush. Know that there are a lot of people playing this game that used to be doing the real thing in the past :), just like you.

Edit:
... and I now notice the previous poster basicly wrote the same. Sorry m8.

overkill650
January 27th, 2012, 12:16 PM
hey, this may seem a bit off topic, but hey thad, hows it been. i always wondered, what the heck happened to that 2train guy?