n8phu
January 24th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Up for grabs:

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr251/n8phu/WMF7sCircus.png

WM F7s in the circus paint scheme.

http://www.simsweeklyworldnews.info/trains/downloads/WM_F7s_CIRC.cdp

You get 7 As and 1 B unit....

I know,I know..... why the weird mix?

WM only painted 1 F7B into the circus paint scheme. Since I normally do 4 As and 4 Bs, I made up the difference in A units.

Why 8? Because I didn't like 9 .... :)

A Big thanks to NorfolkSouthern37 for making the models and reskin kit. Check out his other offerings at Jointedrail.com . Let him know you really like what he did with the F unit. While you are there, download the other FREE F units. The Southern Unit has the dependencies needed for this engine.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Crud! Sorry I put this in the screenshot section.... anyone able to move it to freeware?

EDIT #2: Hmmmm, they were moved from Freeware to Screenshots.... What the?

motorbreath
January 24th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks again. I can't get enough of these things.

jadebullet
January 24th, 2010, 03:24 PM
sweet. Very well done.

Kon1786
January 24th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Very niceee i like (borat) keep up the good work.....

skidmark22
January 24th, 2010, 04:29 PM
They don't work in my TS2009. Says they are missing 3 KUIDs.

KUID:375811:1151
KUID2:45324:28100:1
KUID2:74779:7742187:1

I searched the DLS with no luck. Anyone got any ideas before I delete them?

motorbreath
January 24th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Download ALL of Jointed Rail's F7's. With all of the recent skins, you will probably all of JR's units in the long run.

matruck
January 24th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks for these Chris they look awsome,Any plans for a L&N Version.
Cheers Mick.:D

betsy662
January 24th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Ever since NS37 redid the F7, I think I've been collecting everyone that comes out, I just got the NYC units earlier from USLW, and now these, now onward to bigger and better things, F units painted in roads that actually did run west of the Mississippi River!!!!:D :D :D

simulatortrain
January 24th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I'll be glad to weather the WM versions as these DID get dirty in service. Just send them where you sent the B&O ones.

simulatortrain
January 24th, 2010, 06:15 PM

It's not too far down on my list.

n8phu
January 24th, 2010, 06:30 PM

Oh, you never know what I might pull outta my ol' Alienware here......

I plan on doing some of the lesser known units too. For example, I was just looking at some photos of the United States Steel units ........

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=979481

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1611421

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1611214

Hmmm that paint job looks familiar.... wonder where I saw that before....

matruck
January 24th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the replys fella's,Cant wait too see more of these.

skidmark22
January 24th, 2010, 07:11 PM
deleted by ignored poster..

n8phu
January 24th, 2010, 07:59 PM
A Big thanks to NorfolkSouthern37 for making the models and reskin kit. Check out his other offerings at Jointedrail.com . Let him know you really like what he did with the F unit. While you are there, download the other FREE F units. The Southern Unit has the dependencies needed for this engine.

This is the unit that has the needed dependencies

simulatortrain
January 24th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Looks great, I'll do a set with the 4 digit numbers. I might do a set of the B&O ones only because there was a small problem with what you sent.

n8phu
January 24th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Looks great, I'll do a set with the 4 digit numbers. I might do a set of the B&O ones only because there was a small problem with what you sent.

Sounds good, also the DF-16 units (#55-66) haven't been done. The ones I did were the DF-22 class. I am researching this, but I think the DF-16's were 1500 HP, while the DF-22's were 1750. If so, I will need to change my units.

Did I flub the B&O ones?

simulatortrain
January 24th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Sounds good, also the DF-16 units (#55-66) haven't been done. The ones I did were the DF-22 class. I am researching this, but I think the DF-16's were 1500 HP, while the DF-22's were 1750. If so, I will need to change my units.

Did I flub the B&O ones?

No, not at all!

I just can't renumber them.

n8phu
January 24th, 2010, 10:18 PM
AH! Yeah, I tried to use the models with the ARN, By making the alpha numbers the same color as the engine, that way random numbers would show up in the number boards, but not on the body in the wrong place.. However, that would mean the nmbers on the rear of the engine wouldn't match.

I guess this is where I give away one of my secrets:

The font on the number boards?

Here they are as a font for Windows:

http://www.simsweeklyworldnews.info/trains/downloads/EMD_Diesel.ttf

Use in good health!

EDIT: For Example, on the F7 reskin kit, go to the "C" drawing for the A unit, and see that black box to the lower right?

Use the EMD font, size 8 if I recall, center left to right, and save.

simulatortrain
January 24th, 2010, 11:08 PM
AH! Yeah, I tried to use the models with the ARN, By making the alpha numbers the same color as the engine, that way random numbers would show up in the number boards, but not on the body in the wrong place.. However, that would mean the nmbers on the rear of the engine wouldn't match.

I guess this is where I give away one of my secrets:

The font on the number boards?

Here they are as a font for Windows:

http://www.simsweeklyworldnews.info/trains/downloads/EMD_Diesel.ttf

Use in good health!

EDIT: For Example, on the F7 reskin kit, go to the "C" drawing for the A unit, and see that black box to the lower right?

Use the EMD font, size 8 if I recall, center left to right, and save.

I have that font, the I meant the one on the body.

motorbreath
January 24th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Thanks Motorbreath. That got them working...

This should just be a note to anyone downloading any reskins of Justin's Model from Jointed Rail. Go to JR and download ALL of the freeware F7's... Then if you can, buy something to say "thanks." Then if you are really a prick like me, beg for some brake hoses. And an attachment point for a crew... Ha!

Sorry JR, I'm out of line here...

n8phu
January 25th, 2010, 12:13 AM
I actually put in every release that they are his skins and models, I put in the web site address and direct people over that way....

And If I can get a hold of him, I have an idea I want to bounce off of him...

lginc
January 25th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Chris:wave: , I just checked your site out, Nicely set up, and your F unit skins Look Fantastic! :D

- Deano :wave:

mcguirel
January 25th, 2010, 08:59 PM
TS2010:EE Reports;

Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_shadow/black.texture'.

They show up and run fine, but their are tools to convert the PM to IM and the texture issue is easy to resolve.

n8phu
January 25th, 2010, 09:16 PM
TS2010:EE Reports;

Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_shadow/black.texture'.

They show up and run fine, but their are tools to convert the PM to IM and the texture issue is easy to resolve.

I just did the reskin... Norfolksouthern37 did the originals, prolly so that they work in 2004 also.

EDIT: I assume that all I can do is repaint the engine, that I have to leave everything else the way it is. Am I laboring under a false assumption?

NTSEFAN
January 25th, 2010, 09:17 PM
That's awesome. cool F7s if I say.:D

Speaking of circus, has anyone seen the ringling bros barnum and bailey circus cars on the DLS? if so, will they work on TRS2006, and whoever has them, can somebody post screenshots of them with these fabulous F7s?:)

that is all.:cool:

n8phu
January 26th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I sent you a PM Simulatortrain

motorbreath
January 26th, 2010, 07:24 PM
EDIT: I assume that all I can do is repaint the engine, that I have to leave everything else the way it is. Am I laboring under a false assumption?

There is a way to add things, like the antennas on the PRR F7's (no idea how to do it), but I don't know if you can remove or alter any pre-existing parts.

simulatortrain
January 26th, 2010, 10:25 PM
There is a way to add things, like the antennas on the PRR F7's (no idea how to do it), but I don't know if you can remove or alter any pre-existing parts.

I have a kit of a winterization hatch, plow, and ditch lights ready for the site once it gets uploaded. If you want it now PM me. It has instructions.

dricketts
August 9th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Did anyone ever find kuid2:74779:7742187:1?

n8phu
August 10th, 2010, 12:25 AM
I looked in my CM2, its from USLW.net by 007007, but its not showing up on the site... it might be part of a dependency pack, I think the GP-40 one.....

n8phu
August 10th, 2010, 12:34 AM
deleted, ignore please

n8phu
August 10th, 2010, 12:36 AM
A recommended replacement is here:

[/URL][URL]http://www.uslw.net/downloads.php?action=view&id=258 (http://www.uslw.net/downloads.php?action=view&id=258)

Use that one instead....

CincySouthernRwy
January 4th, 2011, 09:41 AM
To what folder do these engines install to in TS2009? CM2 shows them just fine, they show up in Trainz, but they do not appear in either my Dispatcher/downloads or in my custom folders. I even went to the drive where TRS2004 lives just in case and they don't appear to be there, either. Where are they?

I noticed they sound like electric engines, not like EMD 567's. It's that Auran default QR 2100 engine sound. I think that file was supposed to sound like a GP38-2, but it doesn't. Love the A200 blat horn, though.

n8phu
January 4th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Hmmm,

I just imported the cdp when I went from 2006 to 2009..... they seem to have gone fine, I will look into it,

Also, I will check the sound, I used the enginesound file that came with it....

n8phu
January 4th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Additionally, I am in the process of upgrading my content..... better graphics, weathering, appliances... so keep watching.

simulatortrain
January 4th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Believe me, I will.

sbschooler
July 15th, 2012, 04:40 PM
KUID2:74779:7742187:1

Wabco A200 Airhorn >>> download Great Northern F7A&B Pack http://jointedrail.com/index.php/locomotives/gn/gn-f7aab-pack/download (http://jointedrail.com/index.php/locomotives/gn/gn-f7aab-pack/download)
GN_F7A-B.cdp (http://forums.auran.com/index.php/locomotives/gn/gn-f7aab-pack/download/3-great-northern-f7aab-pack/download)

This is the download that contains KUID2:74779:7742187:1 at Jointed Rail which is needed to get a number of F7A&Bs from USLW.net and Jointed Rail to run.
I spent many hours on google trying to follow all sorts of searches and until I downloaded and installed this file I had KUID2:74779:7742187:1 still missing and once installed all sorts of F7A and Bs became useable.

Dinorius_Redundicus
January 4th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Finally. One post that has some solid info on this stupid kuid! Thank you. Just a pity I now need to download an entire pack instead of just the one kuid I want.
The organization (or lack of) on third party sites in general really sucks.

Oh guess what...that link now gives a 404. So I still can't get that lousy kuid.

boyerm25
January 4th, 2013, 10:34 PM
They are still available at JR, but they redid their website and old links no longer work.
http://jointedrail.com/index.php/freeware/locomotives/gn/emd-f7a-b-gn.html
You do have to register.

matruck
January 4th, 2013, 11:05 PM
The same and worse is said about the DLS, One minute you cant upload to it and next you cant get anything off it so is it any wonder 3rd party site's pop up. 6 Month's and you still haven't found what your looking for LOL. Try asking and you might be surprised.

n8phu
January 4th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Finally. One post that has some solid info on this stupid kuid! Thank you. Just a pity I now need to download an entire pack instead of just the one kuid I want.

Oh guess what...that link now gives a 404. So I still can't get that lousy kuid.

When JR reorganized their site, it killed a bunch of links. Also, I always recommended that people download ALL of the freeware JR engines to get ALL of the dependencies.

"Please download the FREE F units at jointed rail, as all of the dependencies are in those packs."

I find that more often or not, it isn't the disorganization of the site that is a problem, it is the lack of reading skills of those who download.