PDA

View Full Version : Forum's Not A Bad Place To Be....

Alco_P-A
January 11th, 2010, 01:10 PM
If after you have done everything right to get your version of Trainz to install/run and you still need help. I have found that over the years that the helpdesk and the forum people are more than happy to help with your Trainz problem(s) and I have always had a positive out come dealing with these people. Staying calm and not getting upset with the your pc,the game or Auran will get you along way to solving any Trainz problems. If nothing else as many a Trainzer has said walk away for a while and then come back to the game. Staying calm is the key. Back to 2010 to enjoy the game.
Alco_P-A
:)

American_Connections
January 11th, 2010, 01:23 PM
For me, it helps me forget for a moment the pains of the real world, both back in Oregon and in my present life!

tomurban
January 11th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Amen brother. After 6 months of struggling and reading the manual, I almost gave up getting 2006 to run properly. Thanks to the patient and valued assistance of many on this forum, I have been enjoying the many facets Trainz for over 9 months. Ultimately, I found that the majority of problems were at my end, (video card issues, not using open GL, etc.). So thanks to all who provided assistance and thanks to Auran for giving us a great simulation.

tomurban

angelah
January 11th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Yes, hooray, for Trainz and Auran. Both do a fantastic job of keeping me sane since I lost my partner to cancer. Without the little problems to solve and the joy I get from creating routes for you all to use (if you so wish) I would be sitting here alone staring at four walls.
I might even get 2010 when I finally get the external drive sorted out, but I have to wait for the snow and ice to clear before tackling that job - and I live in London! Seriously, it is thick ice outside....

A steady, calm and polite approach to Auran and the folk on this forum, which incidentally is the best one around, are by far the best way the get things sorted out.
For instance, I use 2004 and then bought both TC3 and 2006 and could not get CMP to work. But help came and took me through the process in easy steps that even I could follow and in the end they both worked fine.
So thanks to those who came to my rescue and cheers to Auran for marketing such an amazing and absorbing program - even for a lady!

Angela

JCitron
January 11th, 2010, 07:07 PM
For me, it helps me forget for a moment the pains of the real world, both back in Oregon and in my present life!

The same for me too. When I was going through some tough physical and emotional times, the forums were my way of escaping.

I remember the day the forums went down, and our beloved Euphod made a news post about it like it was something that hit the national news. I laughed so hard while reading that, I nearly wet myself and spit tea on my keyboard!

These are the moments that make the forums memorial, and with many thanks to Auran and the people here, I've been able to keep my sanity about myself.

As Angela says, it beats staring at the four walls and doing nothing.

John

geoffwilliams
January 11th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Yes, hooray, for Trainz and Auran. Both do a fantastic job of keeping me sane since I lost my partner to cancer. Without the little problems to solve and the joy I get from creating routes for you all to use (if you so wish) I would be sitting here alone staring at four walls.
I might even get 2010 when I finally get the external drive sorted out, but I have to wait for the snow and ice to clear before tackling that job - and I live in London! Seriously, it is thick ice outside....

A steady, calm and polite approach to Auran and the folk on this forum, which incidentally is the best one around, are by far the best way the get things sorted out.
For instance, I use 2004 and then bought both TC3 and 2006 and could not get CMP to work. But help came and took me through the process in easy steps that even I could follow and in the end they both worked fine.
So thanks to those who came to my rescue and cheers to Auran for marketing such an amazing and absorbing program - even for a lady!

Angela
And you have given so much back too. I still love your creations, have most of them working in TS2009 and they are a joy to use.
Many Thanks
Geoff

rjhowie
January 11th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Well I said in another thread recently that I have some intermittent and permanent heath matters and although I get out and about from time to time I am laid low and stuck at home so thank goodness for Trainz. It has been not just an escape but a great enjoyment finding this a few years back - and by chance. Started with MTS and realised that it was too difficult to build anything then suddenly discovered TRS2004 - now on 06. Have bult a city tramway and now working on the whole of the Ulster rail system. Could never have attempted this in MTS.

I know there can be zilches on any programme or sim but for goodness sake it is hardly going to break the bank as far as cost and sheer darned pleasure it brings when you achieve something. Recently I even managed to convert a die in the wool MTS man to buying Trainz! Even for a long term aduly (like me) pure fun and magic.

deeelare
January 11th, 2010, 08:41 PM
To the eight previous posters ,

Life on the Forum and the pleasure given by the Auran Sim , give us each a different reason for continuing to visit and continuing to post . Sometimes it can be a totally different experience , and I apologize for any negative comments I have posted . The Forum members and Auran's way of handling things can sometimes be most frustrating , but all and all it is a great place to visit daily and a group of very helpful and friendly members !

--- ,DLR ( I miss Ed ! )

Sampug394
January 11th, 2010, 09:54 PM
I've almost never had any Problems with my Copy of Trainz 20006 AND the Content Manager. ;)

I like the Forum because I've made friends here I would not have otherwise, and it's a Fun place to share Insight and Such on a Great Game we call Trainz.

tomurban
January 12th, 2010, 10:28 AM
I've almost never had any Problems with my Copy of Trainz 20006 AND the Content Manager. ;)

I like the Forum because I've made friends here I would not have otherwise, and it's a Fun place to share Insight and Such on a Great Game we call Trainz.

100% agreed, but it is not fair to call Trainz a game. It is more like an addiction. Once you begin using it successfully, it is difficult to put aside.

tomurban