PDA

View Full Version : New Aircraft

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

seeseeme
January 9th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Recently someone finally found a page on the internet showing some new Aircraft in development from Vulcan (Ian). I and another member have been testing these Aircraft for some months and the page had been up for some time as well. I always wondered how long it would be before someone "stumbled" across the page :hehe:

http://www.ianztrainz.com.au/project9.htm

With Ian's permission I thought I would post some screenshots of the Aircraft, which are brillient creations that still need some "fine tunning". In the screenshots on my test layout I use a yellow "Invisible" track, it's visible from above but invisible from below. The advantage of the track though is that it's viewable in the Mini Map which makes it much easier to locate. In 2004 I can replace it with another more suitable one later, and I think this can now be done in 2010. Ian, from memory, has tested these in 2006 and they work great in my 2004.

Enjoy.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3315/iansplanes01.jpg

Spitfires gaining speed, they will go around 600kph. Its very hard to get them to fly in formation using the AI function, but still they look great.

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4953/iansplanes02.jpg

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5429/iansplanes03.jpg

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/6302/iansplanes06.jpg

The Top and Bottom Turret Guns on this B24 are animated as is the side gun, though they do not fire. From memory only one gun on each Aircraft can fire.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5964/iansplanes05.jpg

Getting ready to take off in formation, still not an easy function to set up though.

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/2841/iansplanes04.jpg

Continued

Sampug394
January 9th, 2010, 08:24 PM
AWESOMENESS

seeseeme
January 9th, 2010, 08:26 PM
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5192/iansplanes07.jpg

The Gatling gun on this Warthog is great to see and hear, the sound is really good.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6227/iansplanes08.jpg

The other new Aircraft on Ian's Website are all equally as good, these just fit a layout I am working on withr nbrettoner (Noel). As I said, they still need some more work until completed and Ian has plans for some more but I am not sure which Aircraft he is planning on doing. It would not matter anyway as they will be all worth while to any layout people are working on or planning.

Craig
:):):)

ish6
January 9th, 2010, 08:31 PM
WOW!!! Outstanding!!!
:p
Thank you Ian creating and sharing superb masterpieces!!!:p

I've always been a huge fan of the A-10, the armies warthog, tanker killer!! I'll be creating items to fit this planes needs, LOL:D

Ishie

zatovisualworks
January 9th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Really wonderful, really great! As Ian usually creates! :clap:

The new upward-invisible track idea is really brilliant. ;)

The high-up-in-the-sky side of Alberte :wave:

Dinorius_Redundicus
January 9th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Gorgeous!

The "propellors in motion" discs on the Spitfires are probably the best I've seen in trainz.

The planes all look like they are banking, or is that just the angle of the screenshots?

ish6
January 9th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Gorgeous!

The "propellors in motion" discs on the Spitfires are probably the best I've seen in trainz.

The planes all look like they are banking, or is that just the angle of the screen shots?

That's right, Deane ... how can I missed that ... they are banking or maybe I need new glasses!!!?:D

Ishie

milkyoreo27
January 9th, 2010, 09:24 PM
This is supreme awesomeness, I've got to make a good flying route soon..

seeseeme
January 9th, 2010, 09:31 PM
All Aircraft are banking, the sharper the turn in your track the more they bank. Which means on the runway do not fly fast when turning to take off or your wing will dig into the ground :hehe:, which makes flying hard :hehe:

The yellow Invisible track is great, Noel found it and for placing on a layout using the Mini Map it is very handy, especially if you want to try what I did and have more then one plane fly near each other.

I have also tried having the planes bank and drop down to the ground to attack another plane of ground target, not easy either. Trying to get the camera in the right position is hard to do and as they are travelling very fast it all happens very fast :hehe:

Craig

scottling
January 9th, 2010, 09:43 PM
The full set of features on Ianz Trainz says that the aircraft:
have prototypical top speeds
have a script that lifts the tail on take-off on SOME aircraft
have animated gunners (bombers only)
hornsound is machine gun sound
can bank on turning
landing gear is the pantograph.

I have been watching the site for these to be released, they are SUPERB, Vulcan! Who doesn't love the Spitfire? Nnnnneeeoooowwwrrrmmmmm....... tacka-tacka-tacka-tacka! [whistling] PFOOOOOOOOOOOFFF!
I know! Someone (maybe I) should make a World War 2 route in England somewhere, with steamers down on the ground, and Spitfires patrolling the coast, and bombers going out to bomb Berlin and everything! That would be awesome.
Vulcan, maybe you could make some German planes as well, so we could set up an entire dogfight kind of thing in Trainz.

nickelplateroad
January 9th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Fantastic!! what is name of yellow line(track)? Have in DLS?

NKP

SuperFudd
January 9th, 2010, 11:10 PM
TRSFS???!!!

seeseeme
January 9th, 2010, 11:34 PM
The full set of features on Ianz Trainz says that the aircraft:
have prototypical top speeds
have a script that lifts the tail on take-off on SOME aircraft
have animated gunners (bombers only)
hornsound is machine gun sound
can bank on turning
landing gear is the pantograph.

I have been watching the site for these to be released, they are SUPERB, Vulcan! Who doesn't love the Spitfire? Nnnnneeeoooowwwrrrmmmmm....... tacka-tacka-tacka-tacka! [whistling] PFOOOOOOOOOOOFFF!
I know! Someone (maybe I) should make a World War 2 route in England somewhere, with steamers down on the ground, and Spitfires patrolling the coast, and bombers going out to bomb Berlin and everything! That would be awesome.
Vulcan, maybe you could make some German planes as well, so we could set up an entire dogfight kind of thing in Trainz.

There are a couple of matters at the moment, one is with the script that lifts the tail off the ground on take-off. It still needs some fine tuning and may be different with each plane. The landing gear does act like a pantograph and works well, with only a slight problem for the Warthog. I have no idea how Ian saw this and when he told me it was very hard to see. On the warthog the wheels raise forward and up, the front wheel actually raises slightly to much for the comfort of the pilot. It ends up between his legs :hehe:. Another screenshot of the landing gear raising as close as I can get for you;

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/81/iansplanes09.jpg

With the Landing gear raising, it has the same problem as all other Pantograph's in AI control in that it is raised automatically. The only thing to do with this is to start the plane off on a spare baseboard and reach "flying" height before it comes into view of the actual layout. I have actually had made a handy little tool (by Eldavo) which is not released yet. You place this "trigger" on any track and when you drive over it it will raise or lower the pantograph automatically for you. This works fine with these Planes, but it still does not help in AI control.

Fantastic!! what is name of yellow line(track)? Have in DLS?

NKP
The yellow/orange track used is kuid:210456:10015 - "mshtrck OR 4m" and is on the DLS. As I said it is very handy to use as you can see it in the Mini Map. Once the track is used you can replace it in 2004 using TrainzObjectz and also in 2010, but I am not sure what you would do in 2006/2009. There are other tracks from the same creator but I have not found one that works this way.

Hope this helps.

Craig

Iced8383
January 10th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Nice looking A-10 there! Out of curiosity, do you have any commercial aircraft in the works?

seeseeme
January 10th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Nice looking A-10 there! Out of curiosity, do you have any commercial aircraft in the works?
These are not mine, but Vulcan's. I know he is planning more planes but I am not sure what.

Craig

Ronayne
January 10th, 2010, 12:53 AM
*starts drooling uncontrollably*

sethmcs
January 10th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Planes, trains and automobiles! Great stuff! Vulcan is a genius!:clap: :Y:

scottling
January 10th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Amen. And btw, do these planes have prototypical enginesounds? Like does it have a Rolls-Royce Merlin sound in that Spitfire?
Also, do we have a possible release date? I can't wait for these, neither can anyone else.

H222
January 10th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Does the bell do anything?
Jamie
PS Can you drive in CAB Mode?

seeseeme
January 10th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Amen. And btw, do these planes have prototypical enginesounds? Like does it have a Rolls-Royce Merlin sound in that Spitfire?
Also, do we have a possible release date? I can't wait for these, neither can anyone else.

Can not say I have paid to much attention to the engine sounds and then if I did I would probably not know what the sound should sound like. I have sent Ian a link to this page so he may drop in and let us all know how he is going with these Planes. I know over the Christmas period he has been busy with the normal Chrissy stuff and there where some other things he was looking at as well, so I do not think much has happened for a little while.

Does the bell do anything?
Jamie
PS Can you drive in CAB Mode?
Using the Bell fire the guns off :)

Not sure about CAB mode as I can not use it in normal Engines anyway, though I know there are no controls in the Planes so at a guess it would be a rather bumpy ride in CAB mode :hehe:. Well after take off you would hit the ground fast, if you could take off :hehe:.

In short, no CAB control only DCC.

Craig

nickelplateroad
January 10th, 2010, 06:23 AM
I'm not sure those aircraft have driveable in dls yet?

NKP

seeseeme
January 10th, 2010, 06:56 AM
They're drivable but they are not on the DLS yet.

Craig

Kon1786
January 10th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Awesome!! thank you.

scottling
January 10th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I think the website said that you can drive it in CAB or DCC mode, but there are no moveable controls. And to hear the enginesound that a real Spitfire would make, search YouTube for 'Spitfire Merlin sound' or something similar, and that'll give you a rough idea. Once you hear it, you'll never forget it!:D

SuperFudd
January 10th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I see there is a Bristol Beufighter. It does not seem to be on the DLS, yet.
My brother has hand made a 1/4 scale (as in HUGE) radio controled Beufighter that has won many awards. Just wait until he sees one flying around on my Trainz layout.:D

ish6
January 10th, 2010, 04:39 PM
A footnote --- the A-10 is an air force base plane, not army, as I stated eariler!

sorry about that!

Ishie

seeseeme
January 10th, 2010, 05:13 PM
A footnote --- the A-10 is an air force base plane, not army, as I stated eariler!

sorry about that!

Ishie
Did some reading up on that yesterday on Wikipedia. It is an Air Force plane that works with Army ground forces and in those actual times are in "temporary/combat" control by the Army. Apparently until Iraq and Afghanistan, the A-10 and similar Aircraft where not that well respected as a Combat Ground Attack Aircraft however its ability to survive enemy ground attack has proven itself very valuable. The preferred Aircraft was the Helicopter for ground attacks and Anti-Tank attacks however it did not provide the protection needed for the Pilot and thus the Aircraft.

Interesting to read some of these things from time to time.

Craig

vulcan
January 10th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Hi Guys, thanks for the interest and nice comments, appreciated.

Craig does some nice screenshots. :)

None of the aircraft are quite finished yet, I have to refine the script that lifts the tail on some. Perhaps I should get back to that project?

The B24 still requires an interior, and the Mustang needs the landing gear and interior. The others are complete, but I need to look for errors and decide if specular lighting should be added on some.

My Bell helicopter does have a full cab with levers that operate, this can take a long time to model. Since then I have decided to use invisible cabs, instead of taking the time to do individual operating cabs for ships and aircraft, no levers. After all there would only be two required levers in a plane, the throttle and brake....and a brake on a ship?:hehe:

When you first enter cab view you see a screen of the scene in front of the plane. Using the [ and ] keys cycles through a number of other cab views, which are external attachment points to the main mesh. This is the only way to see loaded passengers as products. The benefits are that the same invisible cab can be used for all models. Hope you are not disappointed in this process, I try to balance a reasonable quality with moderate construction time.

Yes they will operate in DCC (cab mode) as there are no operating levers in the simple cockpit, you use the keyboard to operate - see the Auran manual. I need to adjust the engine script for the higher speeds to be achieved in cab mode.

http://ianztrainz.com/images/warthog_dcc450.jpg

I have tried to use correct sound files to construct the engine sound, I do like the Merlins and have tried to adopt that sound, but the sound you would hear in the cockpit is never the same as a Spitfire flying by, a dopler effect in Trainz would be interesting.

A disappointment is the automatic operation of the panrograph under AI as Craig mentioned, in built code cannot be overridden. The track trigger Craig mentioned is nice, under dc operation to lift the wheels at the end of the runway as the aircraft lifts off, and it lowers them on landing. Now if he can get the creator to release it, that would be nice too.

I have also put the rear limback point some distance behind the aircrafts, so you can fly them behind each other (coupled) but having a separation distance.

I need to mention Craig is using TRS2004 I believe, and requires to use the invisible track type he specifies. I convinced Auran to change the code for TRS2006 to allow invisible track to show in Surveyor and the minimap, but be invisible in Driver. My invisible tracks (four colours) are suited to TRS2006 and less obtrusive in Surveyor. The models are classified as for TRS2004, but I check them in TS2009 for errors.

I had in mind to do a P38 lightning later if I get interested, had not thought of passenger aircraft, there are probably too many variants, and other have done a few already.

Ian

ish6
January 10th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Did some reading up on that yesterday on Wikipedia. It is an Air Force plane that works with Army ground forces and in those actual times are in "temporary/combat" control by the Army. Apparently until Iraq and Afghanistan, the A-10 and similar Aircraft where not that well respected as a Combat Ground Attack Aircraft however its ability to survive enemy ground attack has proven itself very valuable. The preferred Aircraft was the Helicopter for ground attacks and Anti-Tank attacks however it did not provide the protection needed for the Pilot and thus the Aircraft.

Interesting to read some of these things from time to time.

Craig

Hi Craig,

that's right my dear friend .... try MSFX or X-plane and you can flies these babies or online flying games, etc ...

thanks Graig for your post -- great reading!!
Ish

ish6
January 10th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Hi Guys, thanks for the interest and nice comments, appreciated.

Craig does some nice screenshots. :)

None of the aircraft are quite finished yet, I have to refine the script that lifts the tail on some. Perhaps I should get back to that project?

The B24 still requires an interior, and the Mustang needs the landing gear and interior. The others are complete, but I need to look for errors and decide if specular lighting should be added on some.

My Bell helicopter does have a full cab with levers that operate, this can take a long time to model. Since then I have decided to use invisible cabs, instead of taking the time to do individual operating cabs for ships and aircraft, no levers. After all there would only be two required levers in a plane, the throttle and brake....and a brake on a ship?:hehe:

When you first enter cab view you see a screen of the scene in front of the plane. Using the [ and ] keys cycles through a number of other cab views, which are external attachment points to the main mesh. This is the only way to see loaded passengers as products. The benefits are that the same invisible cab can be used for all models. Hope you are not disappointed in this process, I try to balance a reasonable quality with moderate construction time.

Yes they will operate in DCC (cab mode) as there are no operating levers in the simple cockpit, you use the keyboard to operate - see the Auran manual. I need to adjust the engine script for the higher speeds to be achieved in cab mode.

http://www.ianztrainz.com.au/warthog_dcc450.jpg

I have tried to use correct sound files to construct the engine sound, I do like the Merlins and have tried to adopt that sound, but the sound you would hear in the cockpit is never the same as a Spitfire flying by, a dopler effect in Trainz would be interesting.

A disappointment is the automatic operation of the panrograph under AI as Craig mentioned, in built code cannot be overridden. The track trigger Craig mentioned is nice, under dc operation to lift the wheels at the end of the runway as the aircraft lifts off, and it lowers them on landing. Now if he can get the creator to release it, that would be nice too.

I have also put the rear limback point some distance behind the aircrafts, so you can fly them behind each other (coupled) but having a separation distance.

I need to mention Craig is using TRS2004 I believe, and requires to use the invisible track type he specifies. I convinced Auran to change the code for TRS2006 to allow invisible track to show in Surveyor and the minimap, but be invisible in Driver. My invisible tracks (four colours) are suited to TRS2006 and less obtrusive in Surveyor. The models are classified as for TRS2004, but I check them in TS2009 for errors.

I had in mind to do a P38 lightning later if I get interested, had not thought of passenger aircraft, there are probably too many variants, and other have done a few already.

Ian

Hello Ian, sir

Thank you for that in-depth explanation about your latest masterpieces!!:)

As for commercial airplanes -- I've reskin two dozen, which still sits in my files, so, if you do come across in making these, sir, please let me know (dropping an e-mail or pm) ... I would, certainly, enjoyed seeing them first them.

I am a huge plane fanatic ... I have Microsoft flight simulators, etc and x-plane -- etc ... in their forums, you can download schemes, etc which, most are license as freeware -- (just to give you a another aveune if you need that type of livery skins)

Thank for making these, especially the A-10 ... great machine if you fly it in MSFX ... the real way -!:wave:

Ish

H222
January 11th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Are you going to make B-17's? I think there the 'superfortress' the ones that (sadly) bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Jamie

lok93
January 11th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Nah, B-17s didn't bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki, they were B-29s.

H222
January 11th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Then what did the B-17's do? Were they the Flying 'Superfortress'?
Jamie

SuperFudd
January 11th, 2010, 08:47 PM
The B-17 was the Flying Fortress. Some were used in the Pacific war but I don't think any bombed Japan. B-24s were used widely in the Pacific but again not to bomb Japan.
For the Air Force (Army Air Corps) that was done by B-29s, except for one B-25 raid.
At least that is what I recall.

angelah
January 12th, 2010, 04:59 AM
The B-17 was the Flying Fortress. Some were used in the Pacific war but I don't think any bombed Japan. B-24s were used widely in the Pacific but again not to bomb Japan.
For the Air Force (Army Air Corps) that was done by B-29s, except for one B-25 raid.
At least that is what I recall.

Weren't the B-24's used on the Doolittle Raid? Launched from a carrier... an amazing feat.
B-17's were the Fortress, named because of the amount of protective armament carried. The larger B-29's were the Super Fortresses I believe. Dropping the Bomb needed a special turn they practiced to get away from the bomb's blast.

Angela

teddytoot
January 12th, 2010, 05:02 AM
The B-17 Flying Fortress was the predecessor of the B-29 Superfortress and first flew in the late 1930s. It was mainly used in the European war, operating from England with the 8th USAAC in daylight operations. The RAF also used them but mainly in a maritime role as they could not carry as big a bomb load as the Avro Lancaster. I suspect the B-24 was preferred for the Pacific area because of it's greater range.

No, Angelah, it was the smaller B-25 Mitchell twin engined bomber in the Doolittle raid and even they had great difficulty in taking off from the carrier.

H222
January 12th, 2010, 05:14 AM
What's the USAAF?
Jamie

escafeld
January 12th, 2010, 06:24 AM
What's the USAAF?
Jamie

USAAF - United States Army Air Force, the predecessor of USAF.

H222
January 12th, 2010, 06:25 AM
I thought it was the United States Air Corp instead of USAAF
Jamie

escafeld
January 12th, 2010, 06:28 AM
I though you was questioning the abbreviation of USAAF.

teddytoot
January 12th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Correct - my booboo

H222
January 12th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Yeah but I heard someone say the United States Air Corps, then I heard the USAAF all in one day and I thought the USAF fought in WW2 (explains why I didn't get really good marks on my Pacific Theatre project)
A less confused
Jamie

seeseeme
January 12th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Yeah but I heard someone say the United States Air Corps, then I heard the USAAF all in one day and I thought the USAF fought in WW2 (explains why I didn't get really good marks on my Pacific Theatre project)
A less confused
Jamie
Hi James,

I thought my memory was right about this but I checked anyway. On things like this I love to look at the Wikipedia Site, it has heaps of information about a lot of things here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

On your question here though, during World War 2, there was no US Air Force, it was actually an Army Air Force. The US Air Force was formed after WWII, WWII ended in the Pacific on September 2, 1945

The United States Air Force (USAF) is the aerial warfare (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerial_warfare) and space warfare (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_warfare) branch of the U.S. armed forces (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_the_United_States) and one of the American uniformed services (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniformed_services_of_the_United_States). Initially part of the United States Army (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army), the USAF was formed as a separate branch of the military on 18 September 1947 under the National Security Act of 1947 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Act_of_1947).[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USAF#cite_note-Factsheet2-0) It is the most recent branch of the U.S. military to be formed.If you want to read a bit more here is the link;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USAF

Hope this helps,

Craig

scottling
January 12th, 2010, 03:24 PM
It was the smaller B-25 Mitchell twin engined bomber in the Doolittle raid and even they had great difficulty in taking off from the carrier.

A quote from the movie Pearl Harbor (U.S, 2001)

"Now even your old grandma can get a B-25 off a mile long runway. But it's my job to teach you to do it in 467 feet, because at 468 feet, you're dead."

Good, no pressure then!

chefbyte
January 12th, 2010, 04:00 PM
The Gatling gun on this Warthog is great to see and hear, the sound is really good.

The other new Aircraft on Ian's Website are all equally as good, these just fit a layout I am working on withr nbrettoner (Noel). As I said, they still need some more work until completed and Ian has plans for some more but I am not sure which Aircraft he is planning on doing. It would not matter anyway as they will be all worth while to any layout people are working on or planning.

Craig

That is spooky as I was only looking for a decent looking plane to fly over my route and this thread is here:)

Those Spitfires look great and cannot wait for these to come out, as I can only find a piper plane on the DLs that's drivable and its little putt putt engine is pathetic LOL

You cannot beat the buzz when a Spitfire screams past you with that roar of its Merlin Engine in full thrust.

Try this for size :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2nlGN6aS8g

gamerouche
January 12th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Some interesting facts here regarding the Doolittle Raid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doolittle_raid

Gam :)

H222
January 12th, 2010, 06:49 PM
A quote from the movie Pearl Harbor (U.S, 2001)

"Now even your old grandma can get a B-25 off a mile long runway. But it's my job to teach you to do it in 467 feet, because at 468 feet, you're dead."

Good, no pressure then!
Best movie! (A bit long though)
Jamie

scottling
January 12th, 2010, 09:00 PM
We were watching it in Year 8 Japanese class at the end of 2009. It took us three or four lessons to finish it!

H222
January 12th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I watched it on Channel 7 with ads it went for 4 1/2 hours and is 3hr and 15min
Jamie

Bulldog1653
January 13th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Hello all,

Very interesting topic to read here in the forum. There have been some interesting questions brought up regarding various World War II bombers as far as types and where they were used. Here is some clarification.

The B-17 was known as the Flying Fortress. One of the most famous B-17's was known as the "Memphis Belle" and had a movie made about it. Memphis Belle became famous when the crew managed to complete 25 missions for it's tour of duty in Europe. The B-17 was used primarily in Europe and a few were used in the Pacific. They were not used to hit targets in mainland Japan.

The B-24 was known as the Liberator and was used mainly in Europe and North Africa. It looks similar to the B-25 in many ways but it had four engines, not two like the B-25 has.
The B-24 was not as famous as the B-17 but it was used all over the world, similar to the B-17.

The B-25 was known as the Mitchell and was also used worldwide. This plane was used in the famous Doolittle Raid in 1942. That raid launched B-25's from the deck of the USS Hornet to bomb Tokyo and was a MAJOR morale boost to the country.
The B-25 was considered as a medium bomber because of it's bomb capacity. The air and ground crews loved this plane. They were easy to work on, fly, and modify for just about any kind of mission you can imagine.

The B-29 was known as the Superfortress and was used in the Pacific theater during World War II and later saw action in Korea. This plane is famous for being the only aircraft to ever drop nuclear weapons in anger. To be more specific, they dropped bombs over Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
This bomber redifined the term Heavy Bomber until the MASSIVE B-36 and B-52 bombers came into service.

Hopefully this clears up any kind of confusion and answers some of your aircraft related questions. Oh, and just to keep with the theme of this forum, yes, trains were used to move aircraft parts, munitions, and manpower all across the country. The Big Boy was used extensively for this role during the War.

angelah
January 13th, 2010, 04:16 AM
The B-17 Flying Fortress was the predecessor of the B-29 Superfortress and first flew in the late 1930s. It was mainly used in the European war, operating from England with the 8th USAAC in daylight operations. The RAF also used them but mainly in a maritime role as they could not carry as big a bomb load as the Avro Lancaster. I suspect the B-24 was preferred for the Pacific area because of it's greater range.

No, Angelah, it was the smaller B-25 Mitchell twin engined bomber in the Doolittle raid and even they had great difficulty in taking off from the carrier.

Oddly, and that very evening, there was a program on Sky that had that raid in it and I stand corrected. Yes, they most certainly were the B-25 bombers.
I wonder at their take-off technique, as the first one lifts so slowly and with such a short run too!

Thanks Teddytoot,

Angela

teddytoot
January 13th, 2010, 07:28 AM
....I wonder at their take-off technique, as the first one lifts so slowly and with such a short run too!....
Angela
Remember the Hornet was steaming flat out into the wind, so the airspeed of the B25s appears slower than it actually was. Even so they would have to open up to full throttle on the brakes to get maximum thrust. Eric Brown's autobiography, Wings on my Sleeve, gives some good accounts of take-off in difficult conditions during his test flying and gives one the flavour of the problems.

Bulldog1653
January 13th, 2010, 03:22 PM
The B-25's were stripped of almost everything and made light enough to be able to get off of the ship's deck. When the final plane's turn to take off came, the wheels were off the deck before it reached the end of the ship.
They were not able to land where they wanted to because they were spotted by an enemy ship. That ship was sunk but it was felt that the risk was too great to keep the planes on deck. They launched early and they were unable to land safely. They were forced to crash land their planes in China.
The Pearl Harbor movie had about 90% of the facts correct. It was a Hollywood story based on real events. What is not shown in that movie is the fact that Jimmy Doolittle was given the Congressional Medal of Honor for this mission.

scottling
January 13th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Look, I hate to be picky and all, but aren't we getting just a tiny bit off topic here? We should get some more screenshots of planes, just to stop this thread being closed or deleted.
Thanks,
Scottling.

seeseeme
January 13th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Look, I hate to be picky and all, but aren't we getting just a tiny bit off topic here? We should get some more screenshots of planes, just to stop this thread being closed or deleted.
Thanks,
Scottling.
It is getting a little off topic, still it cold be worse :hehe:.

Though I would tend to agree, I never really expected the sort of replies this thread has received.

Craig

ish6
January 14th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I'll take some pictures, with, perhaps, new contents! :wave:

Ish

vulcan
January 14th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Hi Guys, thanks again for the interest.

I have returned to work on the aircraft, when the DLS returns to normal there should be some uploads.

I have added some animation to the A10 Warthog. The Gatling gun rotates and it now fires Paveway missiles. There are still some glitches with the scripting, we are always pushing the limits of Trainz. :)

http://ianztrainz.com/images/a10_3450.jpg

Ian

ish6
January 14th, 2010, 09:18 PM
WOW Ian -- you have really out done yourself on this one, sir!!!:)

Incredible --- simply incredible !!:p :p :p

Thanks for these!!!

Ishie

seeseeme
January 14th, 2010, 09:31 PM
I just sent Ian an email saying I would not tell anyone about the missiles. Image what I said when I saw a short video he sent me.

These look great, Ian has really shown this time he is one of the master class creators around.

Congratulations Ian, great work.

Craig

Ronayne
January 14th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Just a suggestion-For the guns on the aircraft, you could make a rule so the AI fires, an you can have very realistic dogfights in Trainz.

seeseeme
January 14th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Just a suggestion-For the guns on the aircraft, you could make a rule so the AI fires, an you can have very realistic dogfights in Trainz.
The guns can fire in AI control, but trying to have a "dog fight" may be very hard to set up. Even trying to get them to fly in formation is very hard to do as well.

Craig

scottling
January 15th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Owning and playing Microsoft Combat Flight Simualtor myself, I find dogfights really thrilling. A shame that the planes fly on invisible track rather than freely. When I download these, I am so going to pull my joystick out every time I use them.:D
Vulcan, I stand by what I said earlier. You've gone and created most of WWII Britain's aircraft there, why not make a batch of German aircraft after this? You know, the Messerschmitts, Heinkels, Dorniers that sort of thing. As the Spitfire and ME109 are practically the same design, it wouldn't be much more than a reskin anyway.

teddytoot
January 15th, 2010, 05:11 AM
...... As the Spitfire and ME109 are practically the same design, it wouldn't be much more than a reskin anyway.
Someone should have gone to Specsavers :) They are completely different, especially in wing plan.

Spitfire (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Supermarine_Spitfire_3D_ExCC.gif&imgrefurl=http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Line_drawings_of_Supermarine_aircraft&usg=__wws5r8CYZlWFLaiYG1-HkjHwrAs=&h=392&w=650&sz=38&hl=en&start=84&tbnid=LN652kin9jUqlM:&tbnh=83&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dspitfire%26as_st%3Dy%26ndsp%3D18%26hl %3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D72) Click on right-hand image for a bigger one

Bf109 (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/84/Bf109E_3Seiten_neu.jpg&imgrefurl=http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Bf109E_3Seiten_neu.jpg&usg=__DzhqQE8uFR2rx6dRhVlxGTXSuP8=&h=4416&w=6416&sz=3329&hl=en&start=51&um=1&tbnid=atsp94XK7PwrCM:&tbnh=103&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbf%2B109e%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26sa% 3DN%26start%3D36%26um%3D1)

Euphod
January 15th, 2010, 05:33 AM
But Scottling was referring to the similarity in profile to the Spitfire...which I can see. If not exact, they are generally close in appearance.

ME109 (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/34/Me-109E-3RYAF.jpg&imgrefurl=http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Me-109E-3RYAF.jpg&usg=__vx8iePkKrZkQlJaz2Do_dgFtsFk=&h=289&w=821&sz=78&hl=en&start=5&um=1&tbnid=BvhYOEha3JrLAM:&tbnh=51&tbnw=144&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dme%2B109e%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26um% 3D1)

amigacooke
January 15th, 2010, 06:04 AM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/amigacooke/bf109.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/amigacooke/hurricane.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/amigacooke/spitfire-IIA.jpg

Me 109 and a Hurricane maybe, but not a Spitfire.

Great models, I look forward to being able to use them.

amigacooke
January 15th, 2010, 06:19 AM
You've gone and created most of WWII Britain's aircraft there A few to go yet:

Hurricane
Tempest
Typhoon
Wellington
Mosquito
Sunderland

would be nice. :)

angelah
January 15th, 2010, 06:52 AM
A few to go yet:

Hurricane
Tempest
Typhoon
Wellington
Mosquito
Sunderland

would be nice. :)

Definitely a Mosquito please, brilliant aircraft, and made out of wood!

The similarities between the 109 and Spit are that they are fighters and have a vaguely similar shape. The Hurricane is much closer, got narrower wings for a start.
But all good planes and did well in their time. Hurricanes were usually left to deal with bombers while the Spits took on fighters, in general of course....
Yes, I remember it, I was alive and kicking during WWII. I can recall seeing Barrage Balloons being shot down in flames almost over our house.

Angela

teddytoot
January 15th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Sorry but to me saying you can reskin one to make another is just the same as reskinning (say) an LMS 2P and calling it a SR L1. After all they are both inside cylinder 4-4-0s.

On a personal note I am glad members of the ROC did not find them similar or I might not be here to write this.

FSP
January 15th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Definitely a Mosquito please, brilliant aircraft, and made out of wood!
Yess! The wooden wonder. http://wuerziworld.de/Smilies/cs/cs1.gif

My wishlist:
P47 razorback
FW190A butcherbird
Because I http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g094.gif radial engines.

FW 190 D (the best German airkraft during ww2 in my eyes)
Bf 109 E (original engine please)

The Heros:
Bf 109 F-4/Trop 3./JG 27, flown by Hans-Joachim Marseille
Bf 109 G-14 JG52, flown Erich Hartmann

scottling
January 15th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Scottling was referring to the similarity in profile to the Spitfire. If not exact, they are generally close in appearance.

Well, that is sort of what I was trying to get across. Okay yes I was actually completely wrong in saying it's a simple reskin. I'm just trying to take a bit of a load off Vulcan who I'm sure has other things to worry about! He has other things he could be building, but of course that is his decision when all is said and done. And you are also correct amigacooke, I had forgotten some of those. When it comes to the Tempest and Typhoon, they are actually (and correct me if I'm wrong:hehe: ) close to identical. At least that's how it looks in CFS. Again, I could be wrong.
On the subject of German WWII aircraft, I was thinking about all the aircraft companies Germany had back then:
Messerschmitt (109, 110 and 262 jet)
Heinkel (111 and others)
Dornier (17 and 335)
Focke Wulf (190)
Junkers (87 Stuka and 88 Schwalbe)
If Vulcan has the time and the motivation to create these aircraft, would he be so kind as to make them please?

teddytoot
January 16th, 2010, 05:11 AM
If you youngsters are so interested in WW2 aircraft simulation, why not just buy an aircraft simulator and let us concentrate on getting a world wider selection of trains.

The comments of a grumpy old man who bought Trainz to run trains and would like a lot more older ones from his neck of the woods.

seeseeme
January 16th, 2010, 06:06 AM
If you youngsters are so interested in WW2 aircraft simulation, why not just buy an aircraft simulator and let us concentrate on getting a world wider selection of trains.

The comments of a grumpy old man who bought Trainz to run trains and would like a lot more older ones from his neck of the woods.
Yes well this thread has changed from when I first started it. I put it into the Screenshots forum as I wanted to show some larger screenshots of Vulcan's (Ian's) great new planes he is working on. I feel there is a place for planes within Trainz so to me that is not a real problem.

However, this thread has gone from showing screenshots of new content, to a history lesson and now a request thread.

I hope it does not get out of hand as we never know when Ian may show us some new work. With this thread still going his interest in creating Planes hopefully will be encouraged, without taking away our interest of this hobby of ours in trains.

Craig

zatovisualworks
January 16th, 2010, 11:18 AM
New AircraftHi guys,

IMHO the title of this thread is quite self-explaning. After reading the titles of threads I always decide whether going in or letting it go.

I've always expected here to see and read about planes (which are present in Trainz as cars and ships and carts and horses and donkeys and buses and gliders and bikes and horse-wagons and cowboys and primitive Americans and Cameron Diaz and Martians and aliens and...) and that's what I get here... airplanes and their circumstances presented originally as trainzy screenshots and commented later with side topics of interest.

The interested-in-trainzy-planes side of Alberte :wave:

yojimbo
January 16th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Oh I can just imagine the fun and carnage of a interior fitted DRG Hechtwagen full of German reconvalescant soldiers on their way to hospital and therapy being torn apart by a flight of Typhoons or Thunderbolts.

This game has so many possibilities; all it takes is a little scripting and some twinkles effects and WWII is just as pretty as in Pearl Harbour. Folks puleeze.......

Realistically how often do you see a Warthog fire its ordnance anyway near a railway? I like planes, espicailly the Warthog, but rather than drooling over the capability of firing missiles, I would like to see more of the average run-of-the-mill aircraft that you see from the train.

FSP
January 16th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Oh I can just imagine the fun and carnage of a interior fitted DRG Hechtwagen full of German reconvalescant soldiers on their way to hospital and therapy being torn apart by a flight of Typhoons or Thunderbolts.

It seems, Storm of war/Battle of Britain, published by Ubi-Soft would be Your new favourite simulation game. http://wuerziworld.de/Smilies/cs/cs11.gif

dreddman
January 17th, 2010, 04:30 AM
After a brief visit to Vulcans Secret Lab today.........Chuffbuff and myself were reunited with co-conspiriters Shamrock NormP Mulie and our newly crowned .....Pub Ledgend ...Willem2
Suffering a bit of burn out slack-ass ......due to work related issues and time and a trillian other reasons why I hav'nt been bothered ............
Watching the A10 Warthog zoom around ...no tanks to destroy on your map
(I demand Tanks next time)...:p I like the script ....for tail dragers......->
You have inspired me........I'm thinking too much after seeing your airforce
I love out the box thinking .........................

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/8458/bomberpn6.jpg
Love it Love it Love it
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/3365/twc5kc9.jpg
brings back old memeroies
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/7672/bsgeverxv7.jpg

amigacooke
January 17th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Good to see you back dredd. I like a bit of out of the box too. :)

ish6
January 17th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Great screenies DM!!!!:wave: :D
Ishie

scottling
January 17th, 2010, 04:36 PM
@Dreddman

First pic: BOMB IT, BOMB IT, BOMB IT NOW!!!! Then again, by now you've missed it anyway.

Third pic: Good lord, it's the Star Runner! (from the T.V kids series Silversun.)

What is that aircraft? It looks like a B-29, but it might be something else....

Electro
January 17th, 2010, 07:18 PM
:D Dreddy great screenies as all ways Mate :D

@ scottling
Third pic: Good lord, it's the Star Runner! (from the T.V kids series Silversun.) Wow you must be young :D ( Jokeing )

Its a scene from BattleStar Galacticta :hehe:

Poul

Stationbeem
January 17th, 2010, 07:23 PM
@Dreddman

First pic: BOMB IT, BOMB IT, BOMB IT NOW!!!! Then again, by now you've missed it anyway.

Third pic: Good lord, it's the Star Runner! (from the T.V kids series Silversun.)

I think you will find that the third picture is of the "Battlestar Galactica".

scottling
January 17th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Yes, well I've never seen that show/ movie/ whatever it is. I'm 14 tomorrow, and have watched Silversun before. I cannot tell you how much that looks like a 'J Class'.

nbrettoner
January 18th, 2010, 01:01 AM
@Dreddman

A stalled B17 waiting for the space shuttle to cross :hehe:

Gotta change those whizzy things, eh?.

scottling
January 19th, 2010, 12:04 AM
I was wondering why the propellers weren't moving.

Bulldog1653
January 19th, 2010, 01:06 AM
I like the B-17. Very nice work.

SuperFudd
January 19th, 2010, 01:22 AM
The B-17 shot was taken with a very fast shutter speed.
:o

marinemania
January 22nd, 2010, 09:41 AM
Try this on for size.
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs154.snc3/18141_106696316013586_100000196540560_167995_27493 29_s.jpg

Bryan

scottling
January 25th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I am looking forward to these aircraft so much, I even made a bit of an attraction for them when they are released:

http://i.imagehost.org/t/0082/Airport1.jpg (http://i.imagehost.org/view/0082/Airport1)
And there's even a runway and hangars for them:

http://i.imagehost.org/t/0611/Airport2.jpg (http://i.imagehost.org/view/0611/Airport2)

All airport-ish objects and splines available from www.bigsky.de/airport (http://www.bigsky.de/airport)
I can barely wait for these, planez on Trainz, awesome!:D

ish6
January 27th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Anyone has any screenies? :hehe:

Thanks
Ish

alien3
February 7th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Hi

the BV 141

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5237/blohmvoss1.jpg
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7417/blohmvoss2.jpg
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7369/blohmvoss3.jpg

scottling
February 7th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Looks just like something a) Pablo Picasso dreamt up or b) Alastair crashed something into... the most lopsided plane I have ever seen!:p

Happy Trainzing (and indeed, Planezing)
Scottling.

henke327
February 7th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Hi,

sorry if this is the wrong thread but I take this opportunity to ask for passenger airliners who is fit for driving as a train. (You know what i mean but I can“t find the right words right now) I have just found the Boeing 727 on the DLS, is there more available and if so, where can I find them?

Thank you!

hope5
February 7th, 2010, 09:41 PM
no idea you can get helocopters of iantrainz tho (on dls he is vulcan)

hope5
February 7th, 2010, 09:44 PM
thay tilt :P

NAmenta
February 24th, 2010, 01:26 PM
WOW!!, I love these Planes!! I could definitely use A-10 on my military base, but trust me I will find a place in my route for all those planes! Great work Ian!!! Any idea when the A-10 will be released?

scottling
February 24th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Seeing as all his content has a Download Station link from his website, Ianz Trainz, as soon as the DLS is working properly some of the aircraft should be released.;)

Happy Trainzing,
Scott.

seeseeme
February 24th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Seeing as all his content has a Download Station link from his website, Ianz Trainz, as soon as the DLS is working properly some of the aircraft should be released.;)

Happy Trainzing,
Scott.
Ian is on Holidays at the moment, but you are right he was waiting for the DLS to be fixed. Some aircraft are finished, to my knowledge, but others still have more work to be done. I know he is still working on the A10 and added a new feature to it which is really neat. No I am not going to tell you what it is either :hehe:

Craig

vulcan
February 24th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Hi Guys,

Well I am back from 10 days away, without a computer, might look at some of the aircraft this weekend.

The A10 is finished as far as what I want to do with it. It now fires the Gatling gun, missiles and flares using the H, B and V keys.

I was still waiting for the DLS to function again, my last bridge update uploads were vanishing, and I have had no email notifications on any uploaded models for 15 months. For the aircraft, the real problem would be if the main model was accepted but dependencies were not.

I will try the DLS uploading again, if no luck I might have to link form my website for the time being.

Ian

Ahh sorry Caig, was typing at the same time, now I have let the cat out of the bag. :confused:

nbrettoner
February 24th, 2010, 06:42 PM
MEOW!!! :hehe:

Who let the cat out!!??? :o

Hi Ian,

I trust you had a good holiday, your life was somewhat reinvigorated by the enforced separation (from the PC), that you are refreshed happy & have good memories of your time 'away'.:)

Craig is trying to teach me some very interesting things about TS2009.
ie The Basics. :eek:
In my case it needs to be very basic!.

Welcome back!. :wave:

ish6
February 25th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks Ian for the info -- great work!! :D

Ishie

vulcan
February 26th, 2010, 06:41 AM
The A10 Thunderbolt Warthog is now available on the DLS.

Please read the description in the config file for operation. While the model will operate in TRS2004, the missiles and flare operation requires inbuilt script code not available in that version. These operate in later versions of Trainz.

Ian

seeseeme
February 26th, 2010, 06:53 AM
That's great news Ian, many thanks :)

I am sure you have just made many people very happy.

Craig

Lewiscc65
February 26th, 2010, 08:13 AM
The A10 Thunderbolt Warthog is now available on the DLS.

Please read the description in the config file for operation. While the model will operate in TRS2004, the missiles and flare operation requires inbuilt script code not available in that version. These operate in later versions of Trainz.

Ian
If this fighter needs 2006 or higher to operate to it full potental, why is it listed on the DL as version 2004. This seems to keep it out of the CM in 2009.

scottling
February 26th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Wow, the A10 looks really quite good! Honestly, I can't wait for the Spitfires and Tiger Moths. The Spitfire would be just ten times better with a Rolls-Royce Merlin enginesound, but if you don't have it on there, no need to change it at this advanced stage of building. As if you weren't pressed for time already!;)

Happy Planezing,
Scott.

seeseeme
February 26th, 2010, 04:38 PM
The flares, missiles and gatling gun are great. An excellent piece of content.

Great work Ian, love it.

Craig

vulcan
February 26th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Lewis,

The recent aircraft models were built at the request of some friends, some only have TRS2004. If I had listed the model as TRS2006 only (build 2.5) they would have been denied the opportunity to download from the DLS and to use the model.

I am sure they are happy to have it even if a function does not work in TRS2004. For instance, all the models use a tag in the config file to suppress the click clack track sound. Again, this is only functional in TRS2006, but does not stop the model working in 2004. I did intend to add a comment in the config description, but overlooked that, the reason I explained the limitation in this thread.

I don't understand your reference to keep it out of the CM in 2009. The models are accepted by CM and CM2, I test in TS2009.

Ian

NSWGR_46Class
February 26th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Think what Lewis is trying to say that if it tagged as a 2004 the CMP 2 will not pick it up. People seem to forget that there is more than one way to install content into trainz these Days.

They seem to forget that you can use the DLS to download and then install the CDP into 2009. Do not strees at all over that one Ian.

As to uploads not working I have found that if I use CMP to upload and tag an item for TRS2009 it works fine - if I do it the old fashion way, manual upload via planet Auran and tag the same item as 2004, remembering its only a number in the config thats diffrent, the DLS chucks a spaz over the content.

vulcan
February 26th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks bearcat,

I use the Planet Auran option to upload to the DLS, so had not noticed any problems if uploaded through CMP. Of course, my very recent uploads had been vanishing before getting to the DLS, but that seems to have been fixed by Auran last week.

There has been a problem with CMP finding older dependencies. I downloaded a map recently, CMP showed 156 items missing, with 76 on the DLS, which I retrieved. I then searched the DLS manually using the DLS webpage and found a further 53 items that CMP failed to notice (question marks), including my own creations. It took a long time to retrieve these items via ftp.

I asked Auran about it and the reply was that it had nothing to do with them necessarily being TRS2004 or UTC, but that they were very old uploads, and at that time less info had been entered into the DLS database about the items. The latest CMP could not find links to download. They suggested that the ongoing DLS update program should hopefully fix this problem.

Since the aircraft are modern uploads, I expect CMP should have not problems with retrieving dependencies.

Ian

Lewiscc65
February 26th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Think what Lewis is tryong to say that if it tagged as a 2004 the CMP 2 will not pick it up. People seem to forget that there is more than one way to install content into trainz these Days.

They seem to forget that you can use the DLS to downlaod and then install the CDP into 2009. Do strees at all over that one Ian.

As to uploads not working I have found that if I use CMP to upload and tag an item for TRS2009 it works fine - if I do it the old fashion way, manual upload via planet Auran and tag the same item as 2004, remembering its only a number in the config that diffrent, the DLS chucks a spaz over the content.
I know you can use the DL station. I have used it plenty to get stuff that CM2 does not seem to be able to find. The problem with that is that you have to also search out the dependences as will since it is not done automatically like in the CM2. Just seems to be very time consuming.

NSWGR_46Class
February 26th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Lewis if you load the main item into CMP via it being a CDF file - once CMP has the main file it will then look on the DLS for all the missing bits - try it some time.

vulcan
February 27th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Four versions of the DH82 Tiger Moth are now available on the DLS. Here are two of them:

http://ianztrainz.com/images/tigermoth2450.jpg

http://ianztrainz.com/images/tigermoth450.jpg

Ian

http://www.ianztrainz.com.au/tigermoth3450.jog

amigacooke
February 27th, 2010, 06:02 AM
Cracking. Tank busters don't look right with steam trains for some reason. :)

nbrettoner
February 27th, 2010, 07:22 AM
I know you can use the DL station. I have used it plenty to get stuff that CM2 does not seem to be able to find. The problem with that is that you have to also search out the dependences as will since it is not done automatically like in the CM2. Just seems to be very time consuming.

Hi,

For quite some time now I've used Trainz Downloader Pro:-

http://www.huijelte.com/blog/index.php/downloads/

It finds & downloads all dependencies at the same time as downloading an item from the DLS. Also saves the CDP files to an archive location of your choice. Allows you to continue perusing the DLS content whilst downloading in the background. Once you have finished a session, you then click a button & the CDP files are installed. The archived copies remain. You can also opt to install only previously uninstalled ones, or all CDP files in the archive folder. Because you can change which is that folder, it's possible to use the program to reinstall CDPs from anywhere.

An excellent program, for TRS2004 etc. :)

Lewiscc65
February 27th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Hi,

For quite some time now I've used Trainz Downloader Pro:-

http://www.huijelte.com/blog/index.php/downloads/

It finds & downloads all dependencies at the same time as downloading an item from the DLS. Also saves the CDP files to an archive location of your choice. Allows you to continue perusing the DLS content whilst downloading in the background. Once you have finished a session, you then click a button & the CDP files are installed. The archived copies remain. You can also opt to install only previously uninstalled ones, or all CDP files in the archive folder. Because you can change which is that folder, it's possible to use the program to reinstall CDPs from anywhere.

An excellent program, for TRS2004 etc. :)
I down load this some time ago but never used it. I will give it a try the next time. Thanks for reminding me of it.

vulcan
February 28th, 2010, 07:17 AM
For the Tiger Moth aircraft, two of the versions list a kuid 60238:53006.

This kuid is not needed for the aircraft, it was an early engine sound file I was trying. I removed it from most of the models but it looks like I still have it listed for the VH-WRL and ZK-BRC versions of the Tiger in the kuid table.

I have uploaded corrected versions to the DLS. should be there tomorrow.

The aircraft should still operate, you can delete the enginesound kuid in the kuid table if you wish to remove the dependency requirement, or wait for the version 2 model to be available.

The correct engine sound is 60238:53008 which is already listed in the kuid table.

Sorry,
Ian

bird_d00
February 28th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Hi,

nbrettoner - how did you manage to install Trainz Downloader Pro ? or is your PC setup that ancient that Net frameworks V1.1 is considered an upgrade ?

Most people who have Net frameworks will have the latest version I would presume (V3.5) and the installer refuses to proceed unless you upgrade it to V1.1 !!!!:confused:

Dave Bird

scottling
March 12th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Hi, sorry for bumping, but could we please have an update on aircraft progress? I haven't seen much from you on the Download Station since the Tiger Moth updates.

Happy Trainzing,;)
Scott.

vulcan
March 12th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Hi Scott,

I have been playing with another aircraft, a Sunderland flying boat, to see where I go with the development. It operates on track 3 metres above water level.

It will load passengers, so I could use my City Cat ferry landings for that purpose. They need some corrections done, and that is an opportunity to add an extra track further away from the dock for the flying boat.

This is an Australian Ansett version, they used to fly out of Rose Bay Sydney. The model is based on an original unreleased mesh by Dreddman.

http://ianztrainz.com/images/sunderland450.jpg

I will then decide what order I finish the models, I thought to try to do the Beaufighter over the weekend, then perhaps the Spitfires.

Thanks for the interest Scott.

Ian

nbrettoner
March 12th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Hi Ian,

Although there's probably lots of other items/things you would like to be doing, you've continued on with your pursuits in the field of airborne locos. :D

I for one (of many I think) am excited & very thankful for you continuing on this track at present. :)

You are very generous Ian to do this work, as I gather there's quite a lot of 'fiddly bits' involved in the process.

I know that once they are ready & released, there will be some pleasantly surprised people out there, when they see the excellent results you are achieving. :wave:

amigacooke
March 12th, 2010, 03:40 AM
I will then decide what order I finish the models, I thought to try to do the Beaufighter over the weekend, then perhaps the Spitfires.

Thanks for the interest Scott.

IanSpitfire you say! Can I add my thanks for all your efforts.

dreddman
March 12th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Gentelmen this thread and Ians models realy get the juices burning!! in typical dreddman style....I have been away for a bit, through too much work and a trainz/gmax burnout ...but feel the urge to model comming on, it will be a month or so as I have to move house, :eek: dont you hate that......its a long story but not now, lets just say "The retireing Cheif Judge is taking the "Long Walk"......taking Justice to the wastelands, and the Lawless"
Ian love the Sunderland.....Ansett ANA Lord Howe Island service from Sydney Harbour I belive.
But Trainz realy needs something to Rule the Skies..........My prefernce is a Klingon Bird of Prey...............;)
I have toyed with a lot of ideas over the years useing Trainz as the platform.
One in particular I devised in my twisted little imagionation..........
IMAGION!!..........................
OHhh there are gmax files and working 04 betas
I was playing around with the idea of a neo-gothic/steampunk city......a streamlined steam monorail airships great steamships normal steam rail...........
A cool concept I thought only screen i have

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/809/mono.jpg

nbrettoner
March 12th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Hi,

nbrettoner - how did you manage to install Trainz Downloader Pro ? or is your PC setup that ancient that Net frameworks V1.1 is considered an upgrade ?

Most people who have Net frameworks will have the latest version I would presume (V3.5) and the installer refuses to proceed unless you upgrade it to V1.1 !!!!:confused:

Dave Bird

Hi Dave,

My apologies for not noticing your post earlier.
Just had a look & my current .net appears to be up to date as v3.5 plus associated updates, but Downloader Pro was probably already installed before .net was upgraded much.

honeymonster1971
March 13th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Ian, Beautiful looking models and can add a lot to a route, I only have one ..... no sorry two questions,
Are you going to do a Lancaster?,
And anyone know of some 300mph (or higher) speed boards so the AI fly flatout?

Cheers

Andi

vulcan
March 13th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Hi Andi,

Yes the Lancaster is done, just a few touch ups to do.

I have made suitable speedsigns for the higher speeds, that are invisible in driver. They match the lower speeds I did for the helicopters, with speeds of 400, 500, 600, 800, 1000, and 1200 kph. They place on the centre of the track.

I will upload them today - now on DLS.

http://ianztrainz.com/images/speedsign3450.jpg

The Spitfires are now on the download station.

http://ianztrainz.com/images/spitfire3450.jpg

Note that the horn button H triggers machine gun sound only. Because the horn can trigger only one smoke source, I have used the bell key B to trigger both sound and smoke from the two cannons. Note, the models are listed as TRS2004, but the bell key script coding will only work in TRS2006 and later. I did not want to deny the use of the models to TRS2004 users, you can still have the gun sound with the horn key.

Ian

honeymonster1971
March 13th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks Ian for that, Guess I had a Homer moment and forgot to check your site Doh!

Andi

tmz06003
March 14th, 2010, 05:00 AM
These are excellent, many thanks for creating them.

Any chance you could do some static scenery versions please?

I've a specific requirement for a Vulcan bomber for the UK ECML route; one of these would definitely make my day:)

vulcan
March 14th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Thanks again for the interest, the Beaufighters and the higher invisible speed signs are now on the DLS.

http://ianztrainz.com/images/beaufighter3450.jpg

Perhaps some static models later, ummm a Vulcan bomber, I haven't done a model for that yet.

Ian

dreddman
March 14th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Nice planes Ian..........."ummm a Vulcan bomber, I haven't done a model for that yet" :eek:
Like your Style!!

motorbreath
March 14th, 2010, 07:36 PM
These are excellent, many thanks for creating them.

Any chance you could do some static scenery versions please?

You could always place one on a piece of invisible track if he doesn't.

vulcan
March 15th, 2010, 03:46 AM
The Boeing B24 aircraft are now on the DLS, there are three versions, camouflage, and two silver Australian versions.

http://ianztrainz.com/images/b24_2450.jpg

Ian

teddytoot
March 15th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Whoops! Consolidated B24 Liberator; Boeing B17 Flying Fortress.

calrail
March 15th, 2010, 10:51 AM
What are the spees signs? called and The same with the aircraft.

Calrail

honeymonster1971
March 15th, 2010, 01:20 PM
What are the spees signs? called and The same with the aircraft.

Calrail
just do a DLS search for username "vulcan" ;)

scottling
March 15th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Hi vulcan.

I'm just being a tiny bit picky here. I'm always picky, because I'm a perfectionist.:hehe:

I read your description for "Spitfire Enginesound" on the DLS. It reads:
"Enginesound for the flying Avro Spitfire, based on the Merlin engine of that aircraft." You may have got your info a little wrong there. The Spitfire was built by the Supermarine Company in Southhampton in the mid-to-late 30's. And sorry to say, your Merlin sounds exactly like the engine in the Tiger Moth you built.

Other than that, the models are fine, keep up the good work!:Y:

Eagerly anticipating the Lancaster and Mustang,
Scott.

dnutter
March 15th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Sweet!

- David

vulcan
March 15th, 2010, 05:20 PM
A search for my Username is the easiest for the models, or use my User ID which I list at the top of my posts under my forum name. I also place direct download links (to the DLS) on my webpages for most models.

Yeah, the use of the incorrect "Avro" results from trying to work on a number of aircraft at once, the old brain gets distracted, thanks.

Sounds take a long time to create, first to find a suitable sound, create an looping sound then to edit into the 24 sound loops and pitch changes required. I have used some sounds more than once for different aircraft, provided they sound "reasonable".

The sound you record from the ground as an aircraft passes by is nothing like the sound you have to create, dopler effects destroy the usefulness. For the Spitfire I was unable to create a suitable sound for the Hispano cannon instead of a machine gun sound.

Perhaps a new one for the Tiger Moth should be done, it is quite distinctive. :o

Ian

ad602000
March 15th, 2010, 10:38 PM
a boomerang or wirraway would be nice

Talnes
March 15th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Hi
I't can be a problem if you have junction, waiting for red lamp.

Talnes

hooverman
March 16th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Hi Ian,

Many thanks for the great aircraft models. It certainly brought a new angle to looking at layouts. The sopwith pup was nice with the sound of 'Tally Ho Chaps' (not yours I know) but the spitfire is awsome. Its great when the lineside cameras track it at speed over the terrain. Keep up the good work. Hopefully a messursmitt might come along and we can have a dog fight!

Andy

Dinorius_Redundicus
March 16th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Beaufighters
http://www.ianztrainz.com.au/beaufighter3450.jpg

Anyone remember those old black-and-white British WWII comics such as the Air Ace series?

The Brits always used to say things like "Lumme Captain, that ammo train looks like a ripe target..". And the German soldiers would only ever say "Achtung, Spitfueur!" or "Donnerwetter! Schnell schnell!"

Seeing these planes takes me right back to my early teenage years.

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/commando/1242-1.jpg http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/air-ace-picture-library/72-6.jpg

mezzoprezzo
March 16th, 2010, 07:06 AM
"Gott in Himmel!", "Donner und Blizen!"

Cor, Dean, thats brought back some memories.

Nice work you creators! Really great aircraft.

Cheers
Casper
:)

Dinorius_Redundicus
March 16th, 2010, 07:09 AM
I never did find out what "Lumme" meant!

mezzoprezzo
March 16th, 2010, 07:16 AM
I never did find out what "Lumme" meant!

It was a truncated "Lump me". Presumably a reference to a raised bruise. "Swipe me" was another similar one.

All from the days before train stations .... when we had railway stations!

vulcan
March 16th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the interest, the wish list seems to be growing. :hehe:

I think it is time for bed, just spent 20 minutes trying to set the correct ground height for the Mustang without success, then realised I was looking at the wrong model in Driver.

http://ianztrainz.com/images/mustang2450.jpg

You will notice most of the models are set a little above the ground, obvious once you add a shadow.

This is necessary as when the tail lifts, the aircraft rotates about the origin of the model, which is further back than the centre of the undercarriage. Otherwise the main wheels will plow furrows in the ground as speed increases.

There is no shadow for the undercarriage, you cannot add one to a pantograph, but in any case, when you have the wheels retracted you don't want a shadow of the undercarriage on the ground.

Hopefully I can upload the two Mustang versions tomorrow. Auran should be congratulated on their speedy processing of uploaded models lately, for the DLS.

Ian

seeseeme
March 17th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Hi Ian,

A new Aircraft and uploads for everyone, you have been busy. My computer died (again) on the weekend :'( and I have only just got it back :'(, hopefully it will last until I get my new one.

Craig

amigacooke
March 17th, 2010, 05:45 AM
I never did find out what "Lumme" meant!A contraction of '(Lord) love me'.

alien3
March 18th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Hi

a Westland Lysander with cargo pod

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/503/lysander2.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7637/lysander1.jpg

FSP
March 18th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Hi
a Westland Lysander with cargo pod

... with 512x512 pix² monochrome textures again? :confused:

A Lysander looks so:
Graphics:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Westland_Lysander.png
http://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/15139/Mushroom_Lysander_Plans.jpg
Picture:
http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/0/5/2/0915250.jpg

Their canopy front looks very different. ;)

ish6
March 19th, 2010, 05:10 AM
Great work Ian!!!
Ishie

H222
April 5th, 2010, 06:53 AM
I was wondering if anyone is making any more modern aircraft such as
The FA-18 Hornet
http://www.aerospaceweb.org/aircraft/fighter/f18/f18_schem_01.gif
The F-16
http://www.aircav.com/recog/chp05/ch05aclist/f-16.gif
And The F-22
http://richard.ferriere.free.fr/3vues/lockheed_f22_3v.jpg
And a blackhawk??
http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.helis.com/h/h60_14.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.helis.com/news/2000/h60cs1.htm&usg=__ujx2fhpXQ-jRXrn6w_WP4rD7LPI=&h=302&w=485&sz=32&hl=en&start=42&sig2=XuskN6iARqKLvNHFhoCjJw&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=RjcHDWwhKmsGcM:&tbnh=80&tbnw=129&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnavy%2Bblackhawk%2Bplan%26start%3D21% 26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft: en-au:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7ADRA_en%26ndsp%3D21%26tbs%3Di sch:1&ei=2s65S_D6FqaetgPlkaHpDA
Thanks if you consider any

Jamie

vulcan
April 5th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Hello Jamie,

I may do some of those later, but the helicopters really should have working interiors and that takes some time. I am also having some problems getting the engine config for modern aircraft to actually reach their maximum speeds, and I feel it is then just too fast to operate in Trainz.

I had a few requests for passenger aircraft, so am working on those. The Boeing 747s and the Airbus 380 are near finished. I have done a number of airlines, they load passengers, here is the Air New Zealand 747.

http://ianztrainz.com/images/airnz747_450.jpg

and the Qantas A380.

http://ianztrainz.com/images/qantasA380_2450.jpg

I could not find suitable runway models, so constructed one with attached track allowing taxiing on and off, takeoff and landing, and touch and go operations. There are three tracks attached for these operations with appropriate glide slopes.

Here is the Singapore Airlines A380 landing at night.

http://ianztrainz.com/images/singaporeA380_2450.jpg

Again, there are no suitable passenger or cargo unloading terminals, so I am having to develop those, this will take some time, as the aircraft and airports will have to work together before they are released.

Ian

seeseeme
April 5th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Very Nice Ian, great work again. The 747 and the A380, amazing work and with interior lights for night time flying, plus different Airline liveries.

Any possibility of static ones as well to populate our Airports with?

Congratulations on another fine creation.

Many thanks,

Craig

vulcan
April 5th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Thanks Craig,

Static ones should not be a problem, will keep that in mind. It seems that to get what I would like for aircraft operation I need to build the whole system of aircraft, runways, and terminals.

This is the terminal progress.

http://ianztrainz.com/images/terminal450.jpg

Ian

seeseeme
April 5th, 2010, 10:18 PM
I like the terminal Ian, looks good. Though I almost knocked my head on the monitor trying to "zoom" in closer :hehe:

Craig

Electro
April 5th, 2010, 10:18 PM
:wave: Hi Ian
Great Planes and airports :D
Keep up the great work :D

Poul

colhad
April 6th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Hi Vulcan, I've always had a facination with the DeHavilland Caribou. One of my favourite planes as a kid, still is. Love the engine sound on those things, short take off and landing aircraft. Just wondering if you would have plans to make a Caribou.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Royal_Australian_Air_Force_DHC-4_Caribou_-_A4-299.jpg

Watch this video on YouTube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTj9Ru0d1jA

jmeinig
April 6th, 2010, 05:54 AM
I don't know if anybody's noticed this, but when the B-24's get up to speed, they tilt forward like a helicopter.

cascaderailroad
April 6th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Watched Colhad's Youtube video link, and I clicked on another link http://www.youtube.com/v/ZNJMxOoF3H8

Isaacg
April 6th, 2010, 06:54 PM
WOW Looks Great Vulcan!!!

SantaFebuff
April 6th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Could you guys upload your planes to TPR or store them directly on the website. The DLS is not safe or good place for them at the moment. I am having trouble with it. It's taking me 1 hour to get just the A10 Thunberbolt Warhog.

Still worth it.

Cheers,
Joshua

Truemac
April 6th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Stumbled across this thread out of curiosity. I must say, this is the greatest "stumbleupon" I have ever done. I absolutely can't say how happy I am to see the A-10. I'd fly one if I ever went into the Air Force. Can definitely say I will download it ASAP.:D

vulcan
April 7th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the kind comments.

Col, perhaps a Caribou can be added to the list.

Jmeinig, the script uses a non linear equation for the pitch of the aircraft and is necessary to lift the tail on some of the planes when they come up to takeoff speed. Unfortunately the pitch angle is based on speed, and you cannot just stop the pitch increase after takeoff, the best you can do is make the further pitch changes minimal by adjusting the equation.

For the B24, this pitch change is not necessary, the plane starts off level, and it looks like I have used the wrong script for the model. I also notice some texture problems with the camouflage version so I will look at the B24 models and script again, thanks for the information.

Joshua, I don't have enough space on my website to store models, I prefer that they all be on the DLS, this helps support Auran encouraging users to buy a legal copy of Trainz to get the models. I also favour the DLS for all route dependencies, it is very frustrating to find some critical route dependencies are on a remote website (if you can find it), and then have to create a login password to get them.

I hope the DLS issues clear up soon, Auran have improved their asset approval system recently and that is nmuch faster to get them to the DLS.

I am working through some window night lighting for the 747s at the minute, takes some time because I have done a number of airline colours, Air New Zealand, United, KLM, British Airways, Lufthansa ... and Singapore Airlines for the A380, and the windows are different in each aircraft.

.... and this one.

http://ianztrainz.com/images/airforceone450.jpg

Ian

Willem2
April 7th, 2010, 01:48 AM
Looking fantastic there Ian, well done.

I see KLM is included in your list:hehe: :hehe: .

ps.(flashing light completed and working) thanks.

Cheers,

Bill.

vulcan
April 7th, 2010, 02:54 AM
Hi Bill,

Yes I saw your post on the lights.
This what you were looking for, remind you of home? :)

http://ianztrainz.com/images/klm747450.jpg

While the mesh for the 747 is about 60 hours, the reskin took three this morning and a bit more to add the lighting - I was a bit optimistic with my time estimate last night.

Guys, the camouflage B24 has an early unfinished texture in the uploaded model, and I cannot find the correct one, so I will rework that model. The script file is also incorrect so I will upload replacements for all the B24 models.

Ian

thebigman
April 7th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Hi Ian,

Some great looking planes there mate, :D, I especially love the 747's and the A380 :udrool: !. Just wondering if you could do some smaller Australian domestic aircraft, such as Qantas/Virgin Blue 737's or maybe a Jetstar A320? They don't have to be working, just static models would be great (sorry to sound pesky :) !)

Cheers,

Matt

Willem2
April 7th, 2010, 06:28 AM
That one will do Ian.

Making me homesick.:'( :'(

Cheers,

Bill.

SantaFebuff
April 7th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Hey guys, where can I find this finial KUID for the A10?

Unknown Location: <kuid2:60238:51015:1>

Cheers,
Joshua

scottling
April 7th, 2010, 05:33 PM
I would like to add, we've had no news on the Avro Lancaster you were building, vulcan. I understand you have a lot on now, so I can wait as long as I have to.

I too had noticed the lifting issues with the B-24, and can I point out that on nearly all your models have the navigation lights on the wrong wings.:o

Sitting in the cockpit, on your port (left) wing should be the red nav light, and on the starboard (right) wing, the green nav light. Is there a way for us to fix this?

Fantastic work on the 747's and A380's, there is nothing at all QANTAS on the DLS, so this is a welcome addition, as I am building Brsibane Airport soon and want to have prototypical planes flying in and out of it.:D

Happy Planezing,;)
Scott.

vulcan
April 7th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Matt,

Perhaps some more Aussi planes would be in order.

Joshua,

The engine spec is on the DLS, it is an update version 2 of the file:

http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_downloadasset.php?DownloadID=160294

Scott,

Lights on the wrong side? ummm, just checked a number of planes, they appear correct, facing forward, red on the left, can you point out which plane? You can swap the corona kuids in the config file, effects container if they are wrong.

The corrected B24 models are now on the DLS, new texture for the camouflage model and new scripts for the three to stop the pitch. Auran has a quick approval process now. ;)

Ian

H222
April 7th, 2010, 08:55 PM
How about a Qantas A380 with 2 tyres on fire?:hehe:
Jamie

Truemac
April 7th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Post deleted

scottling
April 12th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Just wondering how your progress is going on these new 747's, and indeed the Lancaster! We haven't heard about that recently.

I am building a route set in Southern England, during the war-ravaged 1940's. I thoroughly believe your Mustang and Spitfire fighters and Lancaster and Beaufighter bombers would be right at home at one of the airfields on this route. However, there has been no news of the Lancaster, and therefore I must assume that you are still working on it.

Your models are fantastic, and we shall soon see how you go at passenger aircraft.

Happy Planezing,;)
Scott.

marinemania
April 13th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Here's an idea take the flight file and the virtual cockpit file from fsx and attach it to the planes to add a realistic fligh worthy version not sure how but I know how but give it a try. Edit script to make them buildings in surveryor and also give them the capability to be fly able in driver mode also remember to add the reverse thrust so they can push back from the gate, if you don't want to add a tug for the push back.

vulcan
April 13th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Time for an update, as this is a screenshot thread I need some pictures I guess. :)

The A380 already does that Jamie, the horn button can be used for tyre squeal and smoke from the right hand tyres. I have also done a track trigger that is placed on the landing spot, so the tyre squeal sounds automatically on landing.

The A380 now has separately operating wing flaps and wing spoilers, using the B and V keys. I am hoping to make track trigger for automatic operation of those as well.

http://ianztrainz.com/images/flaps450.jpg

Scott, I have not got back to the Lancaster yet, I need to add some figure meshes. At the minute I am using Auran attached passengers for the rear gunner, looks funny to have a guy sitting there in a suit and a bowler hat.

I am working on the Airport models and terminals, for the passenger jets I need to make them load passenger and before I release any more models I must test compatibility.

For taxiways, I have also made a series of turnouts as fixed track, with matching splines. These make it easy to place track to join the runway and terminal area. There are some very good taxiway models by Minitrix, but these are road splines and placing separate track for the aircraft is a little tricky, so I have made mine as train track.

http://ianztrainz.com/images/turnouts450.jpg

Yes Marinemania, I finished the pushback tractor yesterday, I am trying to get the pushbar alignment better on sharp curves, by adjusting the aircraft limpoints (coupler positions), but there is not enough tolerance to get it perfect.

http://ianztrainz.com/images/pushback450.jpg

Wot! you say, this is not Flight Simulator? True, but I like to extend the possibilities of Trainz. This project has grown much bigger than I thought, but hopefully it will be functional and useful. My big regret is there is no way to overcome the automatic lifting of the landing gear (as pantographs) under AI, which destroys realism.

Ian

marinemania
April 15th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Wot! you say, this is not Flight Simulator? True, but I like to extend the possibilities of Trainz. This project has grown much bigger than I thought, but hopefully it will be functional and useful. My big regret is there is no way to overcome the automatic lifting of the landing gear (as pantographs) under AI, which destroys realism.

Ian

Well I own flight simulator X the gold edition. Could give you file IF it were installed but it requires 16GB!!!!!!!! And I don't have that kind of memory on a laptop, I wish though. But I have TC and Driver ed. combined to make a super trainz Classics.

scottling
April 15th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the Lancaster update Vulcan! The Avro Lancaster is my second favourite war plane of all time, second only to the Supermarine Spitfire. They both use the iconic Rolls Royce Merlin engine, so that makes them both awesome to see and hear!;)

Good Luck with it, and all these Airport assets you have to construct as well! :eek: It sounds really time-consuming, and time is a luxury I don't have as a high-school student.:(

Best of Luck, and Happy Planezing,;)
Scott.

n8phu
April 16th, 2010, 01:18 AM
I was stationed at a U.S. Navy Airfield that also hosted Army, Air Force, Marine, and PA. National Guard units.

If you need a general layout of the airfield, I can give you hints. I was an Electronic Tech and took care of Radar, comms, Landing Lights, etc.....

calrail
April 18th, 2010, 05:06 AM
How long will it be before the planes come out? i can't wait:udrool: :mop: !!
Your doings some great work vulcan.
Good luck with everything else you make

Calrail

marinemania
April 18th, 2010, 04:13 PM
That its a good question How long??

cascaderailroad
April 18th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Patience Grasshopper..."When you can snatch this pebble from my hand...you will know it is time" !

SuperFudd
April 18th, 2010, 04:28 PM
"Look to the sky."

ad602000
April 18th, 2010, 06:26 PM
there is not much up there atm, thanks to greenland:hehe:

amigacooke
April 18th, 2010, 06:38 PM
there is not much up there atm, thanks to greenland:hehe: Or Iceland possibly. :)

H222
April 18th, 2010, 06:47 PM
wAsn't it Finland??
It wasn't Poland I'm sure
Jamie

vulcan
April 18th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Hi guys, yes my planes are grounded for a while too. :)

It will be a little while before I release the passenger aircraft, I am still working through compatibility issues and trying to get the triggers to work. Likewise passenger loading is not finished.

Making some progress, I have the pushback tractor working reasonably, I required to change the aircraft bogey positions, so you see why I need to get the models all working together, currently about a 60 hour week on the models.

n8phu, thanks for the offer, an Italian friend had sent me a useful drawing of airport operations, I had forgotten we need fire engines etc. Any suggestions would be welcome.

The A380 in AirFrance colours:

http://ianztrainz.com/images/a380airfrance450.jpg

Ian

dreddman
April 19th, 2010, 06:33 AM
fantastic as usual Ian and greetings from Blackall Central QLD.........Dredd is now in the wastelands "LOL" Bill you should see the road trainz up here 4 trailers long........ooh tempting ...just like the ships you will work something out Ian.......man they look good as always..........................:wave: :wave: :udrool: :udrool: :p !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ad602000
April 19th, 2010, 05:15 PM
blackall, went through there once on the way to Townsville I think. g'day dreddy good to see you surface.

On Greenland my error it is iceland

cheers
pete

scottling
April 21st, 2010, 12:28 AM
ad602000, yes, the volcano grounding all European air traffic is in Iceland.

dreddman, my aunt Betty lives in Blackall! Her son Joe owns the petrol station at the west end of town, you could drop in and say hi. Just mention my name

Happy Trainzing (and Planezing)
Scott. (Fitzpatrick, for Dreddman);)

nbrettoner
April 21st, 2010, 01:52 AM
fantastic as usual Ian and greetings from Blackall Central QLD.........Dredd is now in the wastelands "LOL" Bill you should see the road trainz up here 4 trailers long........ooh tempting ...just like the ships you will work something out Ian.......man they look good as always..........................:wave: :wave: :udrool: :udrool: :p !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Dredd, circa 1970; heading west of The Isa, three of us on bikes wisely pulled right off the highway for an oncoming road train. From memory five or seven trailers.
When the dust settled (& he was screaming along at about all of 30 mph), we walked over to where his wheel-tracks left the edge of the 'blacktop'. He'd 'dropped off' to the side as he approached us. Maybe he want'd to tempt us to continue?? :o
From what we could see, the wheel tracking deviation was within about 4 to 6 inches max!!!. The thing was really like on rails!

It would be so nice to see one trundling along beside Herbert's (Vinnybarb) Ghann.

:wave:

Ian your aircraft will be far superior to Qantas ones. At least with your care & attention to 'fiddly bits', they won't be falling out of the sky, or losing bits. Unless they perchance are bombz dropping onto unsuspecting smote-ees? :hehe::eek:

ish6
April 21st, 2010, 02:15 AM
Great work Ian !!!:wave:

Willem2
April 21st, 2010, 06:18 AM
Hi Mark,

good to hear from you, miss those roadtrains:'( :'(
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6065/blackall.jpg
Been through Blackall a few times, always a good feed at the pub across from the postoffice.:udrool: :udrool:

Have to call in when I go that way next time.

Cheers,

Bill.

Lewiscc65
April 21st, 2010, 06:59 AM
Ian, I have been following and downloading you aircraft. They are fantastic. On your web site you show an airport runway and I was wandering when you might be releasing that. It would be a great addition to the aircraft museum on my layout. Carl

vulcan
April 21st, 2010, 08:14 AM
Hi Mark, nice to see you are settled in your new home. I see Bill has given you the pub with no beer, no sign of beer on those road trains either, hope you took some supplies with you.

Thanks Ish for the encouragement.

Carl, the runway will be released, with the aircraft. I had in mind doing a demo map with models placed so users might understand how the assets work together. I am trying to finish taxiways in bitumen and concrete. One problem is that the junctions are fixed track and the spline taxiways show a different colour in Trainz.

I took a break for a couple of days to do a model of a Cat D9R dozer for a friend who had requested it, perhaps I can use it to speed up the runway construction. :)

http://ianztrainz.com/images/catd9r2450.jpg

Back to the models tomorrow, I should try to finish the Lancaster and the DC3's as I am stuck with the script for the triggers for passenger aircraft at the minute.

Ian

vulcan
April 24th, 2010, 05:22 AM
The Lancaster was approved yesterday and is now on the DLS. The original gmax mesh was supplied by Wecsailor, used with approval.

http://ianztrainz.com/images/lancaster2450.jpg

While I spent quite a bit of time adjusting the mesh, to make the animated landing gear, I am not completely happy with it. Anyway, I hope it is a useful addition. It does not have any special features, just the rear machine guns uses the horn sound.

I will upload the DC3 and the Sunderland in a few days.

Ian

seeseeme
April 24th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Many thanks Ian, great work as usual. The time and creativity you spend creating content for us who do not have the talent to is so much appreciated.

Congratulations again on some mighty fine work.

Craig

H222
April 24th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Hey Vulcan,
If you any need any beta testers, I'm here

Jamie

AndrewLummis_99
April 24th, 2010, 09:25 AM
me too of u want to have beta tester's

marinemania
April 24th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Count me in. When do I start?

ad602000
April 24th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I didnt know lancs had a belly turret, I know the later ones had a nacelle there for equipment, but I dont think it was ever used as a turret, but I may be wrong. they had an armament of 8 x 303 machine guns 2 in the nose turret, 2 in the upper turret and 4 in the rear turret. the rear turret gunner was not a nice job, they had a life expectancy counted in minutes.

nbrettoner
April 24th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Hi Mark,

good to hear from you, miss those roadtrains:'( :'(
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6065/blackall.jpg
Been through Blackall a few times, always a good feed at the pub across from the postoffice.:udrool: :udrool:

Have to call in when I go that way next time.

Cheers,

Bill.

Hi Bill,

I owe you an big apology!. :o
I'd forgotten your great creations!. :eek:
Did you do any that are driveable? :D

Do you actually get to do a bit of travelling up that way??:)

nbrettoner
April 24th, 2010, 04:24 PM
The Lancaster was approved yesterday and is now on the DLS. The original gmax mesh was supplied by Wecsailor, used with approval.

http://www.ianztrainz.com.au/lancaster2450.jpg

While I spent quite a bit of time adjusting the mesh, to make the animated landing gear, I am not completely happy with it. Anyway, I hope it is a useful addition. It does not have any special features, just the rear machine guns uses the horn sound.

I will upload the DC3 and the Sunderland in a few days.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Yes I know it's naughty to include previous piccies in quotes, :o but it looks so good!. :Y::clap::D

Ian I echo Craig's comments & gratitude, & excitedly await the Sunderlands & DC3 as well.
Yet again "extra goodies"!!! :)

vulcan
April 24th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks guys, Noel and Craig are good testers.

ad602000, the original file from Whecsailor had the turret under the fuselage, so I left it there. I have drawings showing the Lancaster B Mk I had a large blister there and the Mk II had a small turret, I know it was not common but there were a number of variations.

This is a screenshot forum, if you are using the aircraft how about posting some pictures? :D

Ian

UnionPacificRules
April 24th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Holy Smokes! If you guys can duplicate the Battle of Britain, then its a miracle!!!!!!:cool:

ad602000
April 24th, 2010, 06:49 PM
This is a screenshot forum, if you are using the aircraft how about posting some pictures?

So you have that problem too Ian:hehe: I didnt know they had a turret under there, same as I didnt know a later variant used bristol radial engines, you learn something new every day. Nice job Ian.

cheers
pete

NormP
April 24th, 2010, 09:05 PM
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~norm_phythian/mypic104.jpg
Well keeping the screen shot theme going ,here is one of Ian's earlier creations flying over San Francisco.

And they only get better & better.

Norm.

marinemania
April 25th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Have fun converting from fsx to trainz (note that I currently converting but have no idea how)
http://www.fsplanet.com/images7/b737_6f_10p.jpg
http://www.highflightsimulations.com/site/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=18

just hope that the flight sim community doesn't get mad at me for this.

vulcan
April 25th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Nice picture Norm, thanks, I still like that helicopter.

The Sunderland flying boat is now on the DLS. It is supposed to land on water, so please be careful or the maintenance crew may have something to say. This model represents the Ansett one that used to operate out of Rose Bay Sydney.

Invisible track is set 3 metres above the water, as for my ships. I have updated all my City Cat landing models adding an extra track further from the dock, so these can be used for the flying boat - as I said you need to develop a whole system for operation when doing uncommon models.

This is one model where the problem of automatically retracting landing gear under AI does not occurs. :)

Ian

teddytoot
April 26th, 2010, 03:59 AM
....It is supposed to land on water, so please be careful or the maintenance crew may have something to say....
Don't worry too much. During WW2 at least one Sunderland did land on a grass airfield in an emergency and, as I remember the account, the damage to the underside was actually not too great.

As an aside, am I right that Aquila called their Sunderland conversions Tasmans? We called them Sandringhams (Solents were conversions of the later Seaford). VH-BRC still exists and is on show in a non-flying condition at the Southampton Hall of Aviation.

ad602000
April 26th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Ansett airlines had a converted Sunderland flying boat, it went from Lord Howe Island to Rose Bay Sydney

vulcan
April 27th, 2010, 08:50 PM
There were a number of different flying boat versions generally known as Short Sunderland. The former BOAC aircraft used by Aquilla Airways has been referred to as a Sunderland III, this reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Sunderland

The DC3 aircraft are on the DLS, note there are three versions, the RAAF version is a Dakota C47.

Ian

teddytoot
April 28th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Just to clear up the Lancaster turret query. Initially a Nash & Thomson FN-64 periscope sighted twin .303 ventral turret was mounted but it was found to be awkward to use and little used in Bomber Command's night sorties. It was therefore discontinued and removed from most aircraft although the Mk2 seems to have kept it. Later the familiar bulge housing the H2S ground scanning radar took it's place and is the bulge that you see on most photos. There is some evidence that at a later stage of the war there were some unofficial ventral machine gun mounts fitted.

So you can use either version, but if you want to model one of the later raids (could Trainz stand a 1000 bomber raid?) then you need an H2S version. :)

ish6
April 28th, 2010, 10:24 AM
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~norm_phythian/mypic104.jpg
Well keeping the screen shot theme going ,here is one of Ian's earlier creations flying over San Francisco.

And they only get better & better.

Norm.

sweet :wave:

BStyles
April 28th, 2010, 02:39 PM
It's like San Andreas all over again.:D

SuperFudd
April 28th, 2010, 03:02 PM
FYI:

I have two photos I got from a "pen pal" many decades ago on my web site,

www.donsafer.com (http://www.donsafer.com)

scottling
April 28th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Sorry guys, I seem to have not visited for a while.

Great news with the Lancaster, Sunderland and DC-3 Vulcan!:D I recently converted to TS2010, so my TRS2006 Southern Railway 1940's route isn't being worked on right now, not until I copy my local folder across.

Trust me Ian, your aircraft will have a happy home on my route. To really create that Battle of Britain feel, I'm afraid you will need to build some German aircraft as well. Not too many this time, here's a list of all I think are necessary:

Heinkel He-111 bomber
Messerschmitt Bf-109 fighter and Me-110 heavy fighter
Focke Wulf FW-190 fighter
Junkers Ju-87 'Stuka' bomber and Ju-88 'Schwalbe' bomber

A fun job, I do understand you have a lot on your mind already, but I hope you can eventually reach this stage.

Happy Planezing,;)
Scott.

Stationbeem
April 28th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Ian..

I seem to have a problem with the Douglas Aircraft. In railyard the horn gives the announcement, the lights work, but there are no wheels showing for use with the pantograph button. I have downloaded all dependencies and TO lists every thing that is needed. Can you enlighten me to what may be the problem.

Thanks Dave.

vulcan
April 28th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the information John, not sure whether G for George ever had the under turret or blister.

Don, interesting info on your webpages.

Scott, more to add to the list. The Bf109 might be one to do.:)

Dave, I never use Railyard, but I have just had a look and the undercarriage shows for all three Douglas aircraft, and all functions work from the buttons. The panto action is four stage, it allows for a second panto on a train. You do need to toggle the panto button twice to get it to move for a single panto. This applies in Driver as well.

I am not sure what the problem might be, there is a separate landing gear model for each aircraft, make sure you have them as dependencies, though you mention that you have.

I use TS2009 now, you must be using an earlier version of Trainz to get TO to work I assume.

Ian

vulcan
April 28th, 2010, 09:16 PM
A friend is helping with some scripting for the 747s and A380 aircraft, so it will be a little while till they are tested and ready. In the meantime...........

The tile rotor Osprey V22 aircraft is working nicely. This is the tilt sequence operated by the B key. The tilt travels from the horizontal to the vertical in one animation, it is fun trying to get it to clear the runway before the rotors comes vertical.

http://ianztrainz.com/images/osprey640.jpg

While I think it is reasonable with the spinning disk rotors, I think the version with actual blades animated is a must for this special aircraft, there is no stuttering or running backwards in TS2009, the picture does not do it justice:

http://ianztrainz.com/images/osprey4450.jpg

The aircraft tilts the rotors and uses a short takeoff run, or vertically for smaller loads. The rotor is so large it would dig into the ground if tilted fully vertical.

It works nicely with my helicopter lift tables, but large aircraft models like these prevent operation of the table red arrows manually. You need to use the Move Turntable rule when the aircraft is on the ground level. There will be a static version.

Ian

Lewiscc65
April 29th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Ian, Great as always but I am still panting for the runway. Carl

ish6
April 29th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Wow:udrool: --- what a delight:wave: -- I don't spend much time in front of a pc these days now that my family is growing, but it's really a great to see your new toys for trainz!!! :wave:

Ishie

vulcan
April 29th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Hi Ish, nice to see you are still around, thanks.

Carl, I am working on the runways at the minute, I have added a fourth track for a short take off for the Osprey. I need to then finish all the taxiway switches and splines so the runways (bitumen and concrete versions) can be useful.

Ian

Lewiscc65
April 29th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Thanks. I am hanging by my nails. :hehe:

marinemania
April 29th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Remember that post I put up earlier about the 737's well here's what to do first download the plane (note that it's in a zip file so unzip the file) next press on setup install the plane into folder that you can look into after installing. and from there you can start converting the planes note that there are three airline liveries in the pack.
Boeing Dream-liner livery
http://www.planesimulation.com/fsdownloads5/737_600_dreamliner.jpg
Scandinavian Airlines
http://sas.virtual-airlines.com/images/B736.jpg
West Jet Airlines
http://westjet.virtual-airlines.com/images/736.jpg
I know all the liveries because I used them in FSX.
http://www.highflightsimulations.com...d&productId=18 (http://www.highflightsimulations.com/site/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=18)
Have fun

Stationbeem
April 29th, 2010, 05:24 PM
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7555/screen016u.jpg

Dave, I never use Railyard, but I have just had a look and the undercarriage shows for all three Douglas aircraft, and all functions work from the buttons. The panto action is four stage, it allows for a second panto on a train. You do need to toggle the panto button twice to get it to move for a single panto. This applies in Driver as well.

I am not sure what the problem might be, there is a separate landing gear model for each aircraft, make sure you have them as dependencies, though you mention that you have.

I use TS2009 now, you must be using an earlier version of Trainz to get TO to work I assume.

Ian

Ian.

I have uninstalled the Douglas planes downloaded them again, re-installed them and used surveyor and they still show with no wheels. (See screenshot above.) Rather puzzling don't you think. They run OK in driver mode, but look silly when coming in to land. I am using TRS 2004.

Thanks Dave

vulcan
April 29th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Dave,

Sorry if I missed the obvious, but are you using TRS2004?

If so, the pantographs require an older .pm file version instead of the .im one that is used now. I did used to generate both version in my earlier models with 3dsmax5. Unfortunately I have moved on to 3dsmax9 and the new file exporter plugin will not support the .pm file export.

I explained this to Auran, that if you wanted to make content for the older versions, you cannot now make a .pm file. The answer was that they were not in the business of supporting older versions now, so would not be making any changes.

I did ask PEV on the possibility of his making a program to convert backwards from .im to .pm but he felt it probably was not possible. For this reason I will have to make future models TRS2006 or higher, as well as the requirement to operate the B and V keys as I am now doing, requires the new built in script code in those versions.

I cannot easily get my models back into an earlier version of 3dsmax, except by exporting a 3ds file perhaps, which may support animation but loses all the attachment points. I will experiment and will let you know any progress.

If you are using TRS2006 or later the pantograph should work. I don't have TRS2004 installed to do any checking either.

Ian

vulcan
May 1st, 2010, 05:06 PM
I have exported the pantograph landing gear for the DC3s as a 3dsmax file back into max5, and been able to make a .pm file for use in TRS2004. I have included it in an updated upload to the DLS, now available.

Ian

nbrettoner
May 1st, 2010, 10:57 PM
I have exported the pantograph landing gear for the DC3s as a 3dsmax file back into max5, and been able to make a .pm file for use in TRS2004. I have included it in an updated upload to the DLS, now available.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I appreciate very much the extra work involved in you (& others) keeping TRS2004 items updated. Until I can afford a new PC (probably 4-6 month's away yet) there's no way I will be able to do much in TS2009. Certainly not any further work on our project there (in TS2009).
To have items available in TRS2004 as well as later Trainz versions is critical to me.

So Ian many thanks for all your hard work & dedication, & consideration in this regard.
:D:clap::Y::wave:

nbrettoner
May 1st, 2010, 11:02 PM
Sorry guys, I seem to have not visited for a while.

Great news with the Lancaster, Sunderland and DC-3 Vulcan!:D I recently converted to TS2010, so my TRS2006 Southern Railway 1940's route isn't being worked on right now, not until I copy my local folder across.

Trust me Ian, your aircraft will have a happy home on my route. To really create that Battle of Britain feel, I'm afraid you will need to build some German aircraft as well. Not too many this time, here's a list of all I think are necessary:

Heinkel He-111 bomber
Messerschmitt Bf-109 fighter and Me-110 heavy fighter
Focke Wulf FW-190 fighter
Junkers Ju-87 'Stuka' bomber and Ju-88 'Schwalbe' bomber

A fun job, I do understand you have a lot on your mind already, but I hope you can eventually reach this stage.

Happy Planezing,;)
Scott.

Thanks Scott,

Ian Mike Davis I think did a Messerschmitt?. :o

vulcan
May 2nd, 2010, 12:37 AM
Well here is my version of the BF109. :)

http://ianztrainz.com/images/messerschmitt450.jpg

Just trying to fix the landing gear at the minute.

Ian

scottling
May 2nd, 2010, 03:17 AM
Brilliant! I can't wait for this. My Southern Railway airstrip hasn't been built yet, but once it is, this baby will be escorting bombers to blow it to pieces!

Oh my, what have I started?:o :hehe:

scottling
May 5th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Speaking of airstrips, I have something to show you all.:D

http://j.imagehost.org/0086/SR2.jpg
Entrance to the airfield.

http://j.imagehost.org/0391/SR3.jpg
Spitfire in the revetment, hangars and barracks in the background.

http://j.imagehost.org/0604/SR5.jpg
My favourite shot, the mighty Spitfire overflies the express passenger train far below.

Vulcan, your models are fantastic, and have a very happy home on my route.:Y:

Happy Planezing,;)
Scott.

ish6
May 5th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Well here is my version of the BF109. :)

http://www.ianztrainz.com.au/messerschmitt450.jpg

Just trying to fix the landing gear at the minute.

Ian

Superb, Ian!!! :D :p
Ishie

scottling
May 8th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Looking good Ian!:Y: As it's been over a week since that post, I'm assuming (again:p ) that progress has been made on the landing gear.

Also, I would like to know what you think of my airstrip as I have enlarged the pictures.:D

Happy Planezing,;)
Scott.

vulcan
May 8th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Hello Scott,

Thanks for the pictures, nice to see the models being useful, the picture of a Spitfire taking off on grass is one of those never to be forgotten scenes from the 1940s. :)

Yes it has been a busy week, I have been experimenting with the landing gear and am changing the aircraft to make the landing gear animated operation as part of the aircraft. It will operate depending on speed, controlled by the script. I have changed the A380 and the P38 as a trial and it does work.

The script now allows you to set the speed where tilting of the aircraft starts, and the speed that the landing gear retracts and lowers, users can change them in the string table in the config file.

This means that a pantograph file is now not required, and therefore the landing gear does not retract incorrectly when using AI, a big win. Track triggers for operating the landing gear are not required. You do however lose the manual control of the landing gear in the game, a small inconvenience. When taking off, you need to watch your speed so the aircraft clears the runway before the set take off speed retracts the landing gear.

As you cannot manually control the aircraft speed under AI, and it may accelerate too quickly, you might have to place some invisible speed signs on the runway track to keep the speed down during take of.

It also means that I have to revisit all the aircraft. :eek:

I am reworking all the runways and taxiway splines and models, to adjust the height and will return to the aircraft soon. It means that I have to look at the height settings for the aircraft as well, I did not want the wheels buried in the ground or runway, and some aircraft may be set a little high above the ground level.

Time for a screenshot, here is the Lockheed P38:

http://ianztrainz.com/images/p38lightning450.jpg

Ian

lok93
May 8th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Just a note on scottling's pictures, especially the one with the signboard.

The correct terminology (in RAF tradition) would be 475 Squadron, RAF Salliford. Otherwise, it's a great set of pics.:D

scottling
May 9th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the info lok93! I can change that, but I had put it down as that squadron, then the name of the airbase below it.

And for anyone concerned, my grass airstrip is about 2365 feet long. When I launched the Spitfire on it, it reached a very prototypical 130 mph before reaching the take-off point.

Happy Planezing,;)
Scott.

scottling
May 26th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Hi All.

Vulcan, I notice we haven't heard from you for a good while.... ten whole days, which is really a long time when you think about it. I was wondering if we could perhaps have a progress update on these wonderful machines?:Y:
Thankyou, I hope all is well.
Happy Planezing,;)
Scott.

vulcan
May 26th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Hi Scott, ummm 10 days, how time flies. :)

Ok, a report: I have been busy on the models, I guess for the last three months I have put in 50-60 hour weeks on them, the project seems to have blown out a bit.

Since I have dispensed with the pantograph there are many aircraft that have to be changed to have the landing gear retract based on speed, it is working nicely on the recent models.

Anyway, the P38, Messerschmitt and Boomerang are finished I think. These are relatively simple aircraft and I may issue them over the next few days.

http://ianztrainz.com/images/boomerang450.jpg

The runway and taxiway models are in final testing, the airport terminals have some way to go though.

Boat has kindly helped by making an Aircraft Action Trigger, when placed on the track and configured to different "channel" numbers it sends messages to the aircraft to do something - an animation, operate the horn or bell or sanding function (I use these to trigger animations and effects, and for the horn, bell and sanding, the user can trigger them at will from the keyboard).

It has 7 other general messages to the aircraft that I can use for all sorts of things. The A10 has been reworked to have the refuelling probe operate using one of these function messages. As I said, a lot of aircraft will be updated.

Now the bad news, to send a Sanding function message, used for flares on military aircraft and wing spoilers or cargo doors on commercial requires TRS2006. I plan to release the models as trainz-build 2.6 for TRS2006, otherwise I get complaints that some essential functions do not work. :(

For you to really try most of the aircraft you need the trigger from Boat, we plan to have it finished in about a week.

You may be interested in a summary of the A380 operation: You place a number of triggers on the runway and attached track for takeoff and landing, configure them and they operate as follows:

Taxi the aircraft to the takeoff position, the flaps come down;
You accelerate and keep the speed below the take off speed until you are clear of the runway and the landing gear lifts automatically at takeoff speed;
A track trigger raises the flaps;
On landing approach the flaps come down;
On touch down the wheels emit smoke and tyre squeal;
On rolling down the runway, the wing spoilers come up;
Further down the runway, triggers reset the flaps and spoilers; and
the horn (user operated) is an in flight announcement to buckle up! :D

The only thing you have to do is fly the aircraft at the correct speed. I think it is quite realistic, but I leave it to you to see.

For operation under AI of course you need to place speed signs and invisible signalling. Anyway, I think you will like them. Not all aircraft will have all these features.

The actual takeoff speed where the landing gear operates and the tilt speed (where banking commences) can be set in the config string table by the user.

The Osprey now has the rotation of the rotor engines controlled by the aircraft speed, so you keep the speed down on the runway or the rotor blades will dig in. Thanks to Bloodnok for help with the script.

I have added an HTML page for display in Surveyor that shows how to use the runway and taxiway modules, how to connect tracks (there are a takeoff, a short takeoff, a landing and a touch and go track on the runways), bitumen and concrete surfacing models.

When the trigger is available I can release the models that need it for full operation (A380 and Osprey), the Hercules and 747 need a lot of changes yet.

Umm what else? ah yes, VinnyBarb has kindly allowed me to convert his excellent jeep models to products for me to load in the Osprey, I have made an Abrams tank for the Hercules.

The Osprey can use my helicopter lift tables effectively.

I had planned to release my test map (track etc without scenery) so users could get a feel for how things work together, but it is quite complicated and probably will have a lot of faults. I now work in TS2009 so it cannot be exported to an earlier version, thoughts for later.

I would suggest when you get to try them you sue the HTML display pages in Surveyor (I have not been able to come up with the HTML display for aircraft, you would refer to the config file for notes on what keys operate things on the aircraft), and check my webpages for operation information.

Here endeth the reading lesson, what do you think?

Ian

Willem2
May 26th, 2010, 02:20 AM
And in his spare time, :o :o :o

he helps other members with their problems in Gmax.

The aircraftz are looking great.

Thanks again Ian. :D :D

Cheers,

Bill.

H222
May 26th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Ok Vulcan
When you release your 747's I really hope you made this Qantas 747
http://qantassocceroos.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/qf-socceroos-plane.jpg
Jamie

vulcan
May 26th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Hi Jamie

Can't get into your picture link, access denied, but I have eight 747 liveries aready, that is the problem. To change the landing gear I have to do work on all eight in 3dsmax, so it takes a long time. Then I find another thing to change, and do it again. :confused:

Ian

H222
May 27th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Try this one Vulcan
http://australianaviation.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Socceroos-aircraft-taking-off.jpg
Jamie
EDIT: Found a better pic
http://flightvisuals.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/QAW5bb.jpg
EDIT 2x: How many percent complete are your Hercules Vulcan??

ish6
May 27th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Hello Ian,

When I was reskinning all of my jumbo jets, etc I found this site to be very very useful!! :wave:

http://www.airliners.net/

Great stuff, sir!!! :p

Ishie

A side note -- If you ever make a cargo plane, etc I made this last year (the cargo delivery platform and the stairs -- as for the planes they are both static and drivable for those who might curious!! (Craig, still got your plane in file too, LOL) ...

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t40/ish6/containerlaoder.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t40/ish6/smiley1.jpg

H222
May 28th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Hey Vulcan
With your Hercules Transport Planes, do you think you could somehow make them have invisible track inside them for like a tank or a army truck if they are ever made as locomotives
Jamie

vulcan
May 28th, 2010, 01:44 AM
Hi Ish,

Yes there are some good pictures on that site, and your airport objects will be useful.

Jamie, no you cannot put track inside the aircraft, only if you make a transfer table can you get things to load as you might like. My ferries and barges will carry rollingstock but they are made as transfer tables, not very versatile.

I think the 747 logo could be a problem with copyright Jamie, rather not go there.

I mentioned the models were to be build 2.6 because of the trigger requirements. There are also other good reasons to move there:

the click clack track sound can be disabled in TRS2006;
the invisible track will show in the minimap, near impossible to navigate without it;
fixed track objects can be made in TRS2006, my taxiways use these, so you see you really are very limited in TRS2004, time to move on.

Ian

ish6
May 28th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Hi Ian,

The original artwork belongs to Ben, sorry I forgot his forum name; But he uses real airliner logo's, like American, etc -- most airlines especially those at the site I've posted will allow folks to use their logo for non-commercial use!! Usually they have a log line about that! It's all about looking for that line -- I guess if Jamie can find the log line of a specific logo he can then present that to you, and therefore you can make a decision, if you do decide to go that route!

Great work, and looking for to seeing your airline commercial stuff!! :wave:

Ishie

goanna
May 30th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Ishie,

I was wondering if the 2 following are available for download anywhere:the cargo delivery platform and the stairs

Thanks Joe.

ish6
May 31st, 2010, 01:17 PM
Ishie,

I was wondering if the 2 following are available for download anywhere:the cargo delivery platform and the stairs

Thanks Joe.

Hi Joe,

Those two items sit in my files --I mentioned it because Ian is getting into making jumbo jets, etc ... i guess I upload whenever I get back into trainz, since I have not done anything since Dec of last year! It's part of a huge package so it's why I won't upload them separately, in case you're curious as to why not!!

Take care Joe!!
Ish

goanna
May 31st, 2010, 06:23 PM
Ishie

Thanks for your quick reply. Looking forward to those items when you finally upload them to the DLS.

Have a great day.

Joe.

H222
June 1st, 2010, 12:31 AM
Hey Vulcan
How do your triggers work that boat made, like what are the effects??
Jamie
250th Post!