PDA

View Full Version : Content Manager Error

mr_no_risk
January 8th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Hi,

This is regarding Content Manager v3.2 (with TS2010).
Every time I open an asset for edit (whether it be explorer, CCP, script), CMP will not let me committ the asset due to a 'Database Access Error', making me unable to edit any objects. Has anyone had a similar issue, or found a solution? Should I simply reinstall? Would TS2010 SP1 fix it?

My system is:
Intel Core2 Quad 3ghz
8gb ram
Vista Home Premium 64bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 video card

Thanks in advance for your help.

itareus
January 8th, 2010, 06:11 AM
SP1 did include a fix for a CM3.2 commit problem.......

You can download SP1 from the following location:
http://dgdl.auran.com/TS2010Download/41491_to_41615.exe

JCitron
January 8th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I've had that a couple of times myself. I exited from CM. Rebooted my PC and tried again. It worked after the reboot.

To me it sounds like something gets stuck in memory so the database is kept open.

John

EdrickV
January 8th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Update your video card drivers. I had old drivers for my 7600GT and got a ton of Database Access Error messages. (Couldn't even save an empty route/session in Surveyor on a fresh install.) Updating my video drivers fixed it.

Note: At the time I updated the video drivers, I had uninstalled Trainz so my current working install got installed after the driver update. Not sure the reinstall was needed, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. The database access problem as I mentioned existed even on a fresh install and, IIRC, trying one of the database repair options actually made things worse.

Edit: FYI, SP1 had no effect on the issue I had. I think SP1 is mostly a fix for the ATI SpeedTree problem.