PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 64 bit and Trainz 2010 EE Problem

matt92h
December 26th, 2009, 08:52 PM
When i run trainz it takes a very long time to load and freezes when i want to drive a train. After having this problem i tried the compatability mode in different settings and discovered that it runs better in windows 98 / windows me. The menus are faster but the game performance is still slow and most times crashes. I have just bought the game and have not added anything on to it.

My computer specs:
Intel Centrino 2 @ 2.53 GHz
Windows 7 64 bit
4 GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 - Dedicated Graphics 512 MB
DirectX 10

Thanks, Matt

geoffwilliams
December 27th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Hi Matt
Try both OpenGL and DirectX modes. It's likely to be the ATI card that's the problem. Mine will run in DirectX mode but not OpenGL.
Geoff

pcas1986
December 27th, 2009, 11:05 PM
When i run trainz it takes a very long time to load and freezes when i want to drive a train. After having this problem i tried the compatability mode in different settings and discovered that it runs better in windows 98 / windows me. The menus are faster but the game performance is still slow and most times crashes. I have just bought the game and have not added anything on to it.

My computer specs:
Intel Centrino 2 @ 2.53 GHz
Windows 7 64 bit
4 GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 - Dedicated Graphics 512 MB
DirectX 10

Thanks, Matt

Yes, as suggested, try DirectX. If you haven't installed SP1 then try that as well as it was supposed to fix some problems with ATI cards. I'm running Win7 64 on an I7 processor, 6GB RAM and a ATI Radeon 4870.

I'm still getting lots of weird errors, mostly script errors in Surveyor which is where I am mostly. It also sometimes takes a while to load and sometimes not at all. I've also had some crashes.

Paul

matt92h
December 28th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Hi thanks for the suggestions, i have tried both direct x and open gl modes and then i installed sp1 and tried both modes but still is not running smoothly. I also have the original "trainz" and that seems to work perfect with all the settings set to high and the game runs very smooth.

Thanks, Matt

Grod
December 29th, 2009, 04:03 AM
:o hello ,

my Problem is bigger . I will install on WIN7 Ultimate (64 bit) , but the
Computer freeze for mor than one Hour without any activity . :confused: This
is not the right way , so i cannot install 2010EE :'(

Whatīs wrong ?

WIN7 ULTIMATE (64)
IntelŪ- Core™ i7-965
12GB DDR3
2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 283
2x 1000GB HD

But now after many tests on an XP - System i think , the first of the two Disc is damaged , i will now contact AURAN to
choose it and get an new one

After Double - Click on Setup the XP - System freeze too and donīt come back on any Time ...

KleinArt
December 29th, 2009, 06:57 AM
:o hello ,

my Problem is bigger . I will install on WIN7 Ultimate (64 bit) , but the
Computer freeze for mor than one Hour without any activity . :confused: This
is not the right way , so i cannot install 2010EE :'(

Whatīs wrong ?

WIN7 ULTIMATE (64)
IntelŪ- Core™ i7-965
12GB DDR3
2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 283
2x 1000GB HD

But now after many tests on an XP - System i think , the first of the two Disc is damaged , i will now contact AURAN to
choose it and get an new one

After Double - Click on Setup the XP - System freeze too and donīt come back on any Time ...

Hi Grod

I have the same problem. Yesterday I tried to load TS 2010 in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits and then appears a reading: "E:\setup.exe is a not valid Win32 application". Later I tried the same on Windows XP Pro 32 bits and the reading appears again. So, I had submitted a Ticket to Auran in the HelpDesk to explain this problem. Now I'm waiting the response.

bbrey
December 29th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I have the same problem with the installer so I ordered the DVD

JCitron
December 29th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Hi Grod

I have the same problem. Yesterday I tried to load TS 2010 in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits and then appears a reading: "E:\setup.exe is a not valid Win32 application". Later I tried the same on Windows XP Pro 32 bits and the reading appears again. So, I had submitted a Ticket to Auran in the HelpDesk to explain this problem. Now I'm waiting the response.

Try downloading the installer again using a download manager. Auran suggests different ones you can try.

They are currently on vacation until after the New Year.

John

Grod
December 29th, 2009, 05:01 PM

John

oh ... :( this is bad look , so i think , in the next weeks i donīt get a
new DVD

I donīt think , that there is only a problem with the programm in my situation ...

but it is the big Question ...

under XP I can list the Directory of the Disc 1, but not under WIN7 ...
and both computers work without any mistake

I can read the Directory of Disc 2 with XP and WIN7 without any problem .

and when I look to the blank site of Disc 1 , i canīt see any kind of Damage :o

excuse my bad English :hehe:

i send a Ticket on the Helpdesk too , so we must wait

KleinArt
December 29th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I have the same problem with the installer so I ordered the DVD

Hi bbrey. Attention please: yesterday I received the DVDs of TS 2010 EE and tried to install it but I can't because the Setup file is corrupted. From Internet downloading or from DVDs is the same problem...

KleinArt
December 29th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Try downloading the installer again using a download manager. Auran suggests different ones you can try.

John

Hi JCitron. Thanks for your suggestion. I think that can be a solution to this problem.

John Charles.

bbrey
December 29th, 2009, 07:15 PM
If the DVD uses the same obsolete Inno installer program as the download I guess I will have to return the DVD when it arrives. I have been going round and round with the helpdesk on this since November 16 and they say I am the only one having this problem, guess that isn't true.

JCitron
December 30th, 2009, 11:42 AM
oh ... :( this is bad look , so i think , in the next weeks i donīt get a
new DVD

I donīt think , that there is only a problem with the programm in my situation ...

but it is the big Question ...

under XP I can list the Directory of the Disc 1, but not under WIN7 ...
and both computers work without any mistake

I can read the Directory of Disc 2 with XP and WIN7 without any problem .

and when I look to the blank site of Disc 1 , i canīt see any kind of Damage :o

excuse my bad English :hehe:

i send a Ticket on the Helpdesk too , so we must wait

Hi Grod,

I could read my disks on both my Win7 64-bit system and my Win XP laptop. The Win7 system took forever to read the disks, and the XP laptop loaded the directory up right away. When I went to copy the disks on the Win XP system, I received a CRC error; Win 7 just locked up Explorer.

I posted my results in a thread that Zec had setup for this issue, but sending a ticket to the helpdesk will work too. ;)

Your English is great! No problem for me to understand. :)

John

MAD777
December 30th, 2009, 12:26 PM
I am less than a complete newbie as I am still awaiting delivery of 2010 EE which I ordered a few days ago. However, my anticipation is turning from excitement to dread after having read this thread. Am I to believe that I cannot run Trainz 2010 on my Windows 7 computer?</p>

Grod
December 30th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Hello ,

I think , we must wait until next Year , when the vacation ends ... then we can see , how many other people out of the forum send a ticket with the same problem to Auran ... ,

then Auran must take the problem and find a right way ...

Grod
December 31st, 2009, 12:06 PM
Hello again ,

now I just find the right place for this problem ... :)

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=49539

and even I look to my mail and get this answer from AURAN . This is good look :udrool: :)

Hi Grod
We apologise for the delay. We are currently on Christmas/New Years break, and as such the helpdesk is only being monitored on a reduced basis. As such, it will take a while for tickets to be replied to.

Due to the problems that you are seeing with your disc, we will be sending you a replacement TS2010:EE Disc 1 DVD. This will be shipped in January, likely around the 12th of January. This will include SP1 for TS2010 with it, so you will not need to update TS2010. Please use your existing serial number with it.
We thank you for your patience.

Zec Murphy

Customer Support Rep
Auran Games

martinvk
December 31st, 2009, 01:39 PM
I am less than a complete newbie as I am still awaiting delivery of 2010 EE which I ordered a few days ago. However, my anticipation is turning from excitement to dread after having read this thread. Am I to believe that I cannot run Trainz 2010 on my Windows 7 computer?</p>
TS2010 works just fine on my Win7 home premium 64 bit machine with 12 GB of ram NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285

KleinArt
December 31st, 2009, 01:46 PM
Hi Grod.

Thanks for the news. I'm still waiting for my response.

Happy New Year! :wave:

John.

MAD777
December 31st, 2009, 03:05 PM
TS2010 works just fine on my Win7 home premium 64 bit machine with 12 GB of ram NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285

Thank you Martin for that bit of encouragement. I'm still waiting for my delivery.

nzld
December 31st, 2009, 04:25 PM
What I found,

Do a stand alone install, if re-installing make sure the original directory has been deleted ( wont load over its original folder ), in options under display un-check full screen ( locks up everytime and not just this game )

I was running avast anti-virus set at " on access " ( would slow opening 2010 ), set anti-virus not to scan auran folder and watch your firewall it may pick up a background application and you might be unable to see the report.

Happened to me, ran 2010 at a small display size first and caught my firewall trying to block a trainz app.

Copy your locals folder from 2009 into 2010 then do extended data base repair. I lost the tutorials from the main screen did the data base repair and got it back.

Sorry for the long list I hope this helps some,
Running 2010 at high display setting but with distance set to minimum

nzld

system
core 2 duo E8400 3.0Ghz
Asus P5Q deluxe
Win 7 ult 64bit RC 7100
G Skill DDR2 PC-8000 4GB
Sapphire HD3850 Ultimate
160GB HDD, 1TB External backup
Viewsonic LCD 23" 1920x1080 60Hz widescreen

Apl16
April 16th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Hello,

i have heard from many people that Trainz 2009 doesn't work on Windows 7, along with many other games.I switched to Trainz 2010 because i was told by 3 people it does work. So i just want to confirm it. ''Does Trainz 2010 work on Windows 7?'' I dont have the game yet but i have a strange feeling about this, i dont want $50 to be spent on a non-working game.

SuperFudd
April 16th, 2010, 01:18 AM
TS2009 works fine on my new Win7 64 bit PC (see below).

martinvk
April 16th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Hello,

i have heard from many people that Trainz 2009 doesn't work on Windows 7, along with many other games.I switched to Trainz 2010 because i was told by 3 people it does work. So i just want to confirm it. ''Does Trainz 2010 work on Windows 7?'' I dont have the game yet but i have a strange feeling about this, i dont want $50 to be spent on a non-working game.So what part of message #17 above did you not understand? :confused:

narrowgauge
April 16th, 2010, 07:11 AM
I'm running TS2010 on Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit which was an update from XP 32. No problems at all.

Peter

matt92h
December 3rd, 2010, 08:44 PM
Hey, Well i installed sp3 and that has solved the performance issue. but i have another problem. In Surveyor when switching between menus it freezes for about 10 - 20 mins. And when loading either surveyor or driver it takes from 10 to 30 mins to load. Can anybody help me with this. I have looked around the forum but with no success,

Matt

hadagab
December 3rd, 2010, 10:34 PM

I have Windows 7 Pro with a ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, she runs fine at the moment, make sure your game is patched up to sp3, If you think it has to do something with your system, Use CC cleaner to do a sweep. Remember when you Installed TRS 2010 It did a diagnostic too check if everything meets the requirements, what did yours say? Do you remember?

LadyWind
December 3rd, 2010, 11:16 PM
I also have a Windows 7, i7, 64bit, and have had no issues at all with running TS2010. :cool:

Under Options on Loading Screen, and then Display Settings, you may need to change 'Open GL' to 'Direct X'. That was one issue I did have at the beginning, however.

matt92h
December 5th, 2010, 12:30 AM
The best option i have found is dirext x, open gl is completly crap, as i said it is already patched to sp3, i always use ccleaner after along time on the net so that hasn't done the trick to ts2010. I have a feeling it might be something to do with the assests because of the loading it takes in surveyer when looking through them, eg changing menus and scrolling through. And all of my drivers are up to date. I have the original trainz and that runs so well on my machine with all the display settings to max

BNSF1995
January 5th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I have only 2 problems:

1. The free DLS is down (Like that's new)
2. Avery-Drexel lags (Too many speedtreez)

botir
November 9th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Hi John. Try to fix that error file with the programm JFileRecovery. I didnt use that, but read that it can repair files with reading errors, especially with CRC errors. You can find here (https://www.google.com/search?aq=1&oq=crc+&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=crc+%D0%BE%D1%88%D0%B8%D0%B1%D0%BA%D0%B0#hl=ru&gs_nf=3&tok=o_fHw2cywCyLi4EgXzWcDA&pq=crc%20%D0%BE%D1%88%D0%B8%D0%B1%D0%BA%D0%B0&cp=6&gs_id=n&xhr=t&q=jfilerecovery&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=jfiler&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=8a30e5f989f9e4a9&bpcl=38093640&biw=1533&bih=783). (Its the 1st in search results)