PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Get rid of .cdp files

Reddog785
December 19th, 2009, 05:12 PM
...And replace them with installers! CMP has TOO many problems with it! I basically don't know why Auran thinks Content Dispatcher Packs are EASY to install! Installers are! What I'm saying is: Let Installer.exe files install what you want for you-because CMP finds it too hard to compute. User: CMP, can you please download and install this? CMP: DOES NOT COMPUTE. *eventually crashes*

SuperFudd
December 19th, 2009, 05:45 PM
I just download it to the desktop and double click on it to install.

pommie
December 19th, 2009, 05:45 PM
It is to easy to hide virus/trojans in Installer.exe files, besides CDP's know where to install the content, Installer.exe needs to be told by the person packing them, meaning they could, and will, end up everywhere :D

Cheers David, who was around before CDP's, what a mess that was :n:

leeferr
December 19th, 2009, 05:53 PM
There's nothing hard about it at all.
Mike

Sourdough
December 19th, 2009, 06:01 PM
... I basically don't know why Auran thinks Content Dispatcher Packs are EASY to install!
Basically because they are.....judging from the short skit at the end of your post, it sounds like you have a different problem with installing....be more specific about what's happening when you try to install them and someone can probably figure out your problem....:cool:

Ferngren
December 19th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Strange...never had any problems with cdp's. On the other hand, never seen the synthax "DOES NOT COMPUTE" in CMP or anywhere else in Trainz.

cascaderailroad
December 19th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Honestly...I can not figure out why CMP, CCP, CPD, DLS, is so problematic for so many people...after I installed Trainz2006 years ago, after about a week of frustration, everything started operating flawlessly...and has been downloading each and every minute of each day, for several years now, without a FCT. Never crash's on a Vista 3Gb 500HD Nividia 7800 Video card.

illinoiscentral
December 19th, 2009, 09:24 PM
...and the comedy continues...

What is the point of this?! Or is there one ?

CDP is by far one of the most easy to use download styles out there, try a .ZIP that requires an "un-zipper", that is real fun.

May I ask what the point is in 65% of your posts?

You've started 8 threads, perhaps 9 by now I don't know?
Four of them have been closed, and for good reason. That is half of all your threads!

If your CMP crashes, then your computer must be at fault.
Try studying these things before you post thinking we'll all somehow agree with you.

Cheers,
Woody
(If the MODERATOR feels I am being to harsh, please tell me, I'll change it)

Sourdough
December 19th, 2009, 09:52 PM
May I ask what the point is in 65% of your posts?

You should be careful of these types of questions.....you never know when someone out there would ask the same thing of you...;)
Judging from his start date, I suppose he's having trouble working the learning curve....it's pretty common for people to get bent when things don't work for them...:cool:

gus1911
December 20th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Reddog

Since the several requests for more info didn't accomplish much, let's try another approach.

When you go to "file" in Content Manager and click on "import cdps...." what happens? If you can describe it, rather than complain about it, there are hundreds of people here capable of helping you.

paulzmay
December 20th, 2009, 03:37 PM
First off - which version of Trainz are you using? CMP has got better with each release, but isn't impossible to work with in any...

Paul

amigacooke
December 21st, 2009, 02:31 PM
Never had a problem with a cdp, can't see a good reason to get rid of them.

knight42
December 21st, 2009, 05:00 PM
I move routes between three different versions of Trainz without any problem at all. Without some kind of packaging mechanism I can't imagine how difficult that would be, or how using CDPs can be a problem at all.