marygfaile
December 19th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Unknown Location: <kuid:104722:53230>
help please somebody any body!!!:'(

clam1952
December 19th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Unknown Location: <kuid:104722:53230>
help please somebody any body!!!:'(

It's on the DLS, I believe you have been given told this before: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?p=529111

If you can't find your way back to a thread to read the replies, bookmark it.

MchPetch
December 23rd, 2009, 04:10 PM
On search make sure you tick boxes for UTC & Trainz & Kuid will Appear

WillPac
January 5th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Does anybody know about <kuid:104722:53567>, which should be EMD engine sounds? Googled it as DLS couldn't find it, and the only site for downloading it wouldn't allow me to, even after registering.

And one I couldn't find at all, <kuid2:104722:54440:1>, but those two are the ones I am missing for an Espee Black Widow GP9. Any clues?

Is this what Download Station is all about? I have 30 items downloaded from there in the last two days that are missing dependencies, and all of them have a dep or two that can't be found.

Dermmy
January 6th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Does anybody know about <kuid:104722:53567>, which should be EMD engine sounds?

Should be an EMD enginesound - it is.

Should be on the DLS - it is click here (http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=29985).

Never assume an asset is not on the DLS because CMP/CM2 say it isn't until you have searched manually. I found it quicker than you typed your post...

Andy :)

rweber95
January 6th, 2010, 02:27 AM
CM3.2 shows kuid2:104722:54440:1 ia also on the DLS.

Bob

EdrickV
January 6th, 2010, 04:47 AM
The TS2010 CMP (and possibly older ones?) can't seem to find a KUID2 version of an asset if the version it's looking for is the KUID one and the KUID one isn't on DLS. (So 104722:54440:1 won't show up on an asset using 104722:54440 because 104722:54440 isn't on the DLS.) The website's search engine is better, you can just put 104722:54440 (just the numbers and colon) into it for a KUID search and it'll find any version of it,
KUID or KUID2.

paulhobbs
January 6th, 2010, 05:26 AM
You don't need to search for the kuid at all if you are using CMP. Simply tell it to download the loco and it will download the latest version of the dependancies from the DLS. Or you could do it the hard way using the web interface.

Paul

EdrickV
January 6th, 2010, 05:42 AM
You don't need to search for the kuid at all if you are using CMP. Simply tell it to download the loco and it will download the latest version of the dependancies from the DLS. Or you could do it the hard way using the web interface.

Paul

As I said above, it does not always find all the dependencies due to a bug in it's search method. I know I have found "unknown" dependencies on the DLS using the website search engine that CMP couldn't find on it's own.

I also know of one instance in which an object is not available on the DLS for download anymore but used to be. The website was able to find it so I could see the details and see that it was not available for download, which helped me figure out that the item was replaced by one with a different KUID that is still on the DLS. (This was presumably pre-KUID2.) CMP just showed that item as Unknown.

Edit: Case in point. Cranby New Town V2 by AngelaH requires these:
Unknown Location: <kuid:1942:50013>
Unknown Location: <kuid:1942:50030>

CMP can't find them. The website search shows that they are London Bus Class MM and London Bus Class VA by Tafweb. They are pre-SP3 content and are not available for download on the DLS. They were likely removed from the DLS because they are being replaced by Bus_MM (1942:11013) and Bus_VA (1942:11030) which are SP3 items.

illinoiscentral
January 6th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Now, I may be wrong here, correct me if I am.

But I believe that the CMP is not able to find the item because it has not updated itself.
I think that when it says "Updating Trainz Asset Database", I believe this is what it is doing.
Because more than once has an asset come with a "Unknown Dependency" and it was found almost immediately when I searched the DLS, such as Andy stated.

Cheers,
Woody:wave:

Stationbeem
January 6th, 2010, 07:28 PM
As I said above, it does not always find all the dependencies due to a bug in it's search method. I know I have found "unknown" dependencies on the DLS using the website search engine that CMP couldn't find on it's own.

I also know of one instance in which an object is not available on the DLS for download anymore but used to be. The website was able to find it so I could see the details and see that it was not available for download, which helped me figure out that the item was replaced by one with a different KUID that is still on the DLS. (This was presumably pre-KUID2.) CMP just showed that item as Unknown.

Edit: Case in point. Cranby New Town V2 by AngelaH requires these:
Unknown Location: <kuid:1942:50013>
Unknown Location: <kuid:1942:50030>

CMP can't find them. The website search shows that they are London Bus Class MM and London Bus Class VA by Tafweb. They are pre-SP3 content and are not available for download on the DLS. They were likely removed from the DLS because they are being replaced by Bus_MM (1942:11013) and Bus_VA (1942:11030) which are SP3 items.

This link will take you to Tafweb site. You can download missing content from here. Click the Kuids list button on the left.

http://www.tafweb-trainz.co.uk/downloads.html (http://www.tafweb-trainz.co.uk/downloads.html)

EdrickV
January 7th, 2010, 03:11 AM
This link will take you to Tafweb site. You can download missing content from here. Click the Kuids list button on the left.

http://www.tafweb-trainz.co.uk/downloads.html (http://www.tafweb-trainz.co.uk/downloads.html)

I know about the website, (actually have been there before I even got my Trainz discs) and keep getting reminded of it each time I find one of these old Tafweb objects that AngelaH seemed to like using. His website is fortunately very easy to find in Google. :)

That reminds me, I still got to do some substitution work with those busses. (Going to clone the two busses and give them the pre-SP3 KUID to resolve that dependency issue.)

cascaderailroad
January 9th, 2010, 09:08 PM
ten charactors

EdrickV
January 9th, 2010, 10:01 PM
INCOMMING BULLITIN: If an asset is "missing dependencies", or says "Update Available"...exit Trainz, restart your PC, restart DLS, highlight just the "missing dependencies", and "Updates Available", drag them to the download box...and wah lah...they have been updated and are now downloading for you !

I feel like such a dummie...you learn something new everyday...took me 2 years to discover this !

I don't quite see what restarting the PC and Trainz has to do with downloading missing dependencies. I do feel I should mention potential issues I've found though.

These issues exist in TS2010 and may or may not exist in earlier versions of CMP.

1. There is a limit to the amount of items you can drag and drop to the download manager. If the amount of items you are dragging exceeds this amount, it will only add some of them and then it'll add an entry with KUID 0:0 which is obviously an error. Right clicking one of the selected objects and selecting Download avoids this issue. The limit is pretty high (I think) so this may not be an issue unless you're trying to add hundreds of dependencies.

2. At least in TS2010 CMP doesn't seem to want to download updates for built-in content. If you right click a built-in item with an update available and select Download nothing will happen. If you drag and drop the item it'll get added but won't download and size will be shown as N/A. To download updates for these items, right click the object and select View Asset Versions. Locate the current version, (Should be the only one with the DS icon. If doing this with multiple objects you could add the "Out of Date" false search filter.) and either drag it to the download helper or right click and choose Download.

Again, I don't have 2009/2006 so can't test those versions for these bugs.

Note that if an item has multiple missing dependencies (say a route) that are on the DLS you can drag that item to the download manager and it'll try and download the missing dependencies. (Though it's possible it might miss some if some of it's items have missing dependencies.)

Chris004
October 25th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Nathan P3 Late,<kuid2:104722:54440:1> appears on DLS. CMP wont download it

JCitron
October 25th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Nathan P3 Late,<kuid2:104722:54440:1> appears on DLS. CMP wont download it

Do you have a first class ticket (FCT)? Items from TRS2010 and below are no longer freely available as of the first week of September 2014, and you need to purchase an FCT to download these assets. If you have a newer, current product, you can still download freely, without a ticket though it is recommended you have one anyway, all the assets for previous versions.

John