PDA

View Full Version : Help

susanaes
December 19th, 2009, 11:23 AM
i just got a new computer and i lost all my things on trainz that was on my old computer. So i reinstalled it to this one and it worked but when ever i try to use Content Manager on both TC, and TRS2006 i get a window thats says Content Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close and Content Manager nevers opens it goes right to this window so can anyone help me?

clam1952
December 19th, 2009, 12:07 PM
i just got a new computer and i lost all my things on trainz that was on my old computer. So i reinstalled it to this one and it worked but when ever i try to use Content Manager on both TC, and TRS2006 i get a window thats says Content Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close and Content Manager nevers opens it goes right to this window so can anyone help me?

Probably need to install the OpenGL drivers. Content manager won't work without them. Updating the drivers from your Video cards manufacturer should hopefully fix it.

susanaes
December 19th, 2009, 01:33 PM
didnt work

clam1952
December 19th, 2009, 01:39 PM
didnt work

OK ... If its Vista or win 7 you need to install / run Trainz as an Administrator.

susanaes
December 19th, 2009, 04:32 PM
the OS is WinXP. I've downloaded the drivers but it wont work. do the drivers have to be in a specific location or directory on the computer? I'm not a PC person so not familiar with where files go.

susanaes
December 19th, 2009, 04:56 PM
sorry didnt mean to the link

JCitron
December 19th, 2009, 05:04 PM
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/VPG/Desktop/error.bmp

Hi Susan,

Sorry, but your picture can't be displayed in the forum. In order to post an image, you need to host it on an image sharing website such as ImageShack, PhotoBuck, or Webhost. Once your file is hosted, copy the link, that the hosing site provides to the file in the forum, and we will be alowed to see it.

This is how many forums work, and it's done to reduce the bandwidth (network speed) required to display images.

Now regarding your driver issue, After you've downloaded the updated drivers for your hardware, there should be installers for them that will put the files in the correct place, and will usually require a reboot when done.

What can be really helpful for us, since we can't see your machine directly, is to post the make and model, and any other information you have such as the type of video card.

I know this may sound like a lot of stuff at once, but if you can do this, I'm sure your frustration level will be a lot less.

John

susanaes
December 19th, 2009, 05:08 PM
sorry but do you think you can help with this CMP problem im having?

susanaes
December 19th, 2009, 05:23 PM
every time i click on CMP it goes to this window Content Manager Plus has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the Inconvenience

lorenw
December 19th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Try changing your video from open gl to directx or directx to open gl.
Loren

susanaes
December 19th, 2009, 05:58 PM
on the computer or trainz and if its the computer how would i do that?

4ndylloyd
December 19th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Hi susanaes,

I am pretty sure that CMP needs Microsoft.Net Framework 1.1 to work. You can download it from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

It was probably installed on your last compter but not on the new one

Andy

susanaes
December 19th, 2009, 06:12 PM
i did it but it didnt work also i get a window that says this Content Manager Plus has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the Inconvenience.What does it mean?

JCitron
December 19th, 2009, 10:54 PM
i did it but it didnt work also i get a window that says this Content Manager Plus has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the Inconvenience.What does it mean?

This sounds like something has become corrupted with your installation. Try deleting the Asset.tdx file from the Auran/TRS2006 directory, which is usually located in.

C:\Program Files\Auran.

1- When you delete the file, make sure nothing else is running.

2- Start Trainz and let it rebuild. This can take some time so go off somewhere else and have a cup of tea, coffee, or perhaps a nap.

John

darrylcs
December 20th, 2009, 11:46 AM
ok ill try that and yes its me susanaes but i was tried of using my m#%$ name so i changed it and yes im a dude

P.S. Do i have to reinstall the game after i do this?

JCitron
December 20th, 2009, 11:55 AM
ok ill try that and yes its me susanaes but i was tried of using my m#%$ name so i changed it and yes im a dude

P.S. Do i have to reinstall the game after i do this?

No you do not have to reinstall the game after this. This rebuilding of the database is done within the game. Let it do it's thing. Don't even go to the forums, download music, watch videos, or anything while the rebuilding is taking place.

John

darrylcs
December 20th, 2009, 12:00 PM
oh because i got rid of it and went to the CMP and nothing happened

JCitron
December 20th, 2009, 12:14 PM
oh because i got rid of it and went to the CMP and nothing happened

CMP would also do the same thing. If CMP is now working, then your problem has been solved. You may not of had a very small amount of data to rebuild.

John

darrylcs
December 20th, 2009, 12:48 PM
When u get rid of the tdx file is there a pop-up window

JCitron
December 20th, 2009, 01:10 PM
When u get rid of the tdx file is there a pop-up window

None. When the database is repaired, there's a window that may come up stating that the database repair is complete. I can't remember offhand without running the process.

Sometimes if you click on the main window, you may send the message window behind the main one. To bring your information box back, press Alt-Tab to bring up a status of the hidden windows. I can't remember what it looks like in Windows XP, but in Windows 7 it shows mini-icons of the different programs that are running when you do this.

John

darrylcs
December 20th, 2009, 02:59 PM
That file still shows up in the folder

darrylcs
December 20th, 2009, 05:48 PM
it didnt work because the file keeps coming back

EdrickV
December 20th, 2009, 07:08 PM
I think the point of getting rid of the file was to cause the game to rebuild it, so it's supposed to come back. The question would be if it's still crashing or not.

tomurban
December 20th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Probably need to install the OpenGL drivers. Content manager won't work without them. Updating the drivers from your Video cards manufacturer should hopefully fix it.

I suspect he downloaded the updated drivers, but did not do the install. In XP they should be in the download folder under my documents. as you noted, CMP needs Open GL to function, especially for downloads.

regards, tomurban

j_maybury
December 20th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I think the point of getting rid of the file was to cause the game to rebuild it, so it's supposed to come back. The question would be if it's still crashing or not.
Wait on a minuet If there is a backup file in c:/program/file/auran/TRS2006/cache/assets.bku, you need to delete this one as well.

(assets.bku) this is a backup file, if you don't delete this, it will just re-wright the same file back on to your computer, you must make sure you delete this file as well as the assets.tdx file.

Now you can close all open windows, start the TRS2006 program and click start from the menu, now you can go for that cup of tea, you will know when it has finished, when you get the large option screen in veiw.
now go back to CM2 to see if it has worked.

darrylcs
December 20th, 2009, 08:44 PM
i cant find that back up file

EdrickV
December 20th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Hmm, I don't recall seeing mention of the backup on previous posts. I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever have to do the same thing. (Assuming 2010 creates and uses those files.) :) One more day and hopefully I'll be installing Trainz. (And likely getting annoyed at DLS per day download limits.)

darrylcs
December 20th, 2009, 08:54 PM
ya but i still cant find the file

j_maybury
December 20th, 2009, 09:04 PM
ya but i still cant find the file
Don't worry if it is not there, TRS2006 only creates one if you've alterd your files by ethere adding or deleting them, you obviously havent done that yet, in this build, by the way are you up to the latest build?

darrylcs
December 20th, 2009, 09:09 PM
I dont know?

j_maybury
December 20th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Hmm, I don't recall seeing mention of the backup on previous posts. I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever have to do the same thing. (Assuming 2010 creates and uses those files.) :) One more day and hopefully I'll be installing Trainz. (And likely getting annoyed at DLS per day download limits.)
Yes it does, but in 2010 you don't have to, just do an extended database repair, deleting assets.tdx and .bku can do more harm than good in TS2010.

j_maybury
December 20th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I dont know?
your bild number is on the first menu bottom right.

sorry i'm wrong you need to press start from the first menu.

darrylcs
December 20th, 2009, 10:09 PM
srry but um i dont c the build #

darrylcs
December 22nd, 2009, 06:51 PM
Is there any way to get my downloads into my game without using CMP?

darrylcs
December 24th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Well nothing is working any more tips?

susanaes
December 24th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Nothing I do works can someone please help me?

j_maybury
December 24th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Have you got TRS2006 and TC1,2,or3 all in the same folder, because some people have had trouble in the past with these having conflicts with each other, if you have partitions on your hard drive then try putting them on separate partitions.

If this is not the case then please give as much detail as you can, as to what is happening. and how you have got TRS2006 and TC set up.

darrylcs
December 27th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Ok so heres what happening i open up TRS2006 and/or TC, then i go to CMP and when i click on it it goes right to this window "Content Manager Plus has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the Inconvenience". Then people have been telling me that i have to go and delete this assets.tdx file in order for it to work. So i do that and i wait like for ever cuz thats wat they said to do so i did. And after all of that it still doesn't work so do you know what to do cuz i dont?

j_maybury
December 28th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Ok so heres what happening i open up TRS2006 and/or TC, then i go to CMP and when i click on it it goes right to this window "Content Manager Plus has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the Inconvenience". Then people have been telling me that i have to go and delete this assets.tdx file in order for it to work. So i do that and i wait like for ever cuz thats wat they said to do so i did. And after all of that it still doesn't work so do you know what to do cuz i dont?

Hi darrylcs,
Just a thought since you've changed your name, I am wondering if this could be the problem, as your origenal name will be linked to your profile and your ganes pass key. If so you will need helpdesk to sort it out for you.:(