PDA

View Full Version : Trainz 2009 traffic Toggle

ieaster
December 10th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Hi
I had recently bought Trainz 2009 and once installed everything works perfectly except I have no moving traffic on the roads in Driver or Surveyor can anybody help. My Graphics card is up to spec. I have also been running Trtainz 2006 and Trainz Classic with no problems.

Thanks
Ivan

airtime
December 10th, 2009, 10:02 AM
I've found that if you go to surveyor, and click at the bottom of the screen - create new route and select Australia, if you want traffic to drive on the left, or any other country for traffic to drive on the right.

Then on the blank baseboard lay a couple of roads in a circle so traffic travels round in a circle.

then save your baseboard as "blank", and merge the baseboard with the roads on, to the route you want, for example Glasgow to Falkirk.

Once you have merged your route, you will notice traffic running on all the roads throughout the entire route.

Hope this helps and I'm sure there are other ways of getting traffic to run on roads, but I've found this works for me, without going into kuid files.

Joe Airtime

Be aware, after SP2 has been added to Trainz 2009, you'll find all regions (except default) all the cars drive on the right including Australia...

rweber95
December 10th, 2009, 11:22 PM
When you start Surveyor and select Create New you get the Trainz Settings window which, unless you select otherwise, will default to the Default Region. The default region doesn't have any cars listed in it so you won't see cars on your road. The best thing to do is to set the Trainz Setting window to any other region and it will always start with that new region, until changed again.

Bob

ieaster
December 11th, 2009, 10:00 AM
When you start Surveyor and select Create New you get the Trainz Settings window which, unless you select otherwise, will default to the Default Region. The default region doesn't have any cars listed in it so you won't see cars on your road. The best thing to do is to set the Trainz Setting window to any other region and it will always start with that new region, until changed again.

Bob

Thanks I'll try that

itareus
December 11th, 2009, 10:29 AM
As others have said Car(z) in Trainz are controlled by the Region file. You can create your own Region if you wish to have specific types of vehicles on the roads.

Go into CM2 then CCP and create a new Region, selecting what options you want like driving on the right or left and (from a picklist) the vehicles you want on the roads. This Region will then be available when you create a new route.

If you wish to have vehicles on existing routes then you will need to edit the KUID for the Region file for the existing route. This needs to be done in CM2, select the Route, right click, "Edit in Explorer" then edit the config.txt file with Notepad and change the KUID for the Region tag.

It is also possible to add more Car(z) by editing the Route file and to change the frequency that vehicles appear by editing the "Carrate" tag in the roads config file.

Always worth making a copy of config.txt files before editing, just in case.....

ieaster
December 11th, 2009, 10:39 AM
As others have said Car(z) in Trainz are controlled by the Region file. You can create your own Region if you wish to have specific types of vehicles on the roads.

Go into CM2 then CCP and create a new Region, selecting what options you want like driving on the right or left and (from a picklist) the vehicles you want on the roads. This Region will then be available when you create a new route.

If you wish to have vehicles on existing routes then you will need to edit the KUID for the Region file for the existing route. This needs to be done in CM2, select the Route, right click, "Edit in Explorer" then edit the config.txt file with Notepad and change the KUID for the Region tag.

It is also possible to add more Car(z) by editing the Route file and to change the frequency that vehicles appear by editing the "Carrate" tag in the roads config file.

Always worth making a copy of config.txt files before editing, just in case.....

Thats great, thanks to all I do now know how to get traffic and all methods given do work so now I can get down to work. Many thanks. Ivan