PDA

View Full Version : Can Spending Money Really Be This Difficult?

jk71062
December 7th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Holy crapped out shopping cart Batman.
*Placed order for 2010 digital download.
*Have an invoice number at the Auran Site.
*The order has now shown "in process" for over 24 hours.
*The invoice amount shows $0.00
*The shopping cart still shows the order, can't be deleted.
*How come all of these Auran sites are so slow?
*Submitted ticket at Helpdesk 24 hours ago, no answer.
*Have a bad feeling if I place the order again, my card gets charged twice and I can not get that resolved.
*I had always thought the reasoning behind digital downloads was so that you got the software immediatly?
*Am I wrong to be frustrated?

RRSignal
December 8th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Maybe somebody here knows more than me, but with my IT background, I'd say it's to be expected. TS2010 just came out. I mean JUST. Delayed for two weeks for fixes, it was JUST offered for digital download. That will explain the SLOW not to mention the lack of order processing. I'm eager to get my Trainz. Having never even used the product. And then there are the jacka$$es like me who insist on owning a physical media version of the product I paid my hard-earned money for. Sorry, I don't trust downloads that crap out after so many hours (especially seeing as the servers are overseas), never mind I WILL NOT buy a product that is DRMed. I'm not suggesting Auran does that, but it's a general, and VERY GOOD policy, if you're smart. Auran is getting the DVD out to mass-replication. I would not have bought TS2010 otherwise, and I'm guessing there's a few zillion like me. That their servers are running at all suggests they've done some good planning. Be patient.

hert
December 8th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Maybe somebody here knows more than me, but with my IT background, I'd say it's to be expected. TS2010 just came out. I mean JUST. Delayed for two weeks for fixes, it was JUST offered for digital download. That will explain the SLOW not to mention the lack of order processing. I'm eager to get my Trainz. Having never even used the product. And then there are the jacka$$es like me who insist on owning a physical media version of the product I paid my hard-earned money for. Sorry, I don't trust downloads that crap out after so many hours (especially seeing as the servers are overseas), never mind I WILL NOT buy a product that is DRMed. I'm not suggesting Auran does that, but it's a general, and VERY GOOD policy, if you're smart. Auran is getting the DVD out to mass-replication. I would not have bought TS2010 otherwise, and I'm guessing there's a few zillion like me. That their servers are running at all suggests they've done some good planning. Be patient.
Well said and iam with you, better a boxed copy that I will always have unless i lose it then on some server or computer that might go out. Yes Auran's servers are slow this has been announced under the second posting of the Digtal Download being released. Be patient their working on fixing it. Another reason why iam glad I ordered a box copy.
hert

amigacooke
December 8th, 2009, 02:25 AM
If it's any comfort jk71062, I'd say you have done all the right things. I think it's just a matter of being patient until the Helpdesk gets back to you.

jk71062
December 10th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Well seeing that it has now been 4 days + and the shopping cart was still stuck in the electronic abyss I finally changed the quantity to 0, clicked update, and watched it go off to lost order land. I did get an email reply from Zec at Auran that they are backed up on tickets. He suggested I try again using paypal. Now on the order history section it still shows an in process order. I guess I will try again but this time go for the boxed version. I have done quite a few digital downloads over the years of games and software, never had a problem really. I am willing to bet the farm, or the railroad, I get charged twice. I am an unlucky bastard. :hehe:

Ronayne
December 10th, 2009, 01:47 AM
I agree with RRsignal. Its MUCH better to have a boxed copy then a digital copy. :D