PDA

View Full Version : Streetlights 3rd go-round

MrScott2006
November 14th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Since I got miffed and destroyed my layout, it looks like all be doing another round of streetlights making. I remember I had 2 to make the last time but I can't remember who gets them. Anybody with any ideas of what kind of streetlights they like to see...speak up, nows the time. :)

I will get back to my LL Layout sooner or later but I'll be starting from scratch. For right now I'm content to play in Blender.

norfolksouthern37
November 14th, 2009, 10:14 PM
i dunno, i have all your others and i think they are great.

MrScott2006
November 14th, 2009, 10:17 PM
i dunno, i have all your others and i think they are great.

Nice to see I have a fan. :wave: Kinda makes it all worth it.

Isaacg
November 15th, 2009, 01:54 AM
My request was that Cleveland Streetscape-esque lamp(double and singular)

PerRock
November 15th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Forum server hic-up caused double post; read next post.

PerRock
November 15th, 2009, 02:17 AM
We have some new "test" lights here in town which while not really needed would be cool to have. I'll take some pics next time I'm downtown during the day. Also some older 'gas lamp' style lights would be nice. Such as:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cc/1860_street_light.jpg
maybe a double-head version as well.

peter

MrScott2006
November 15th, 2009, 02:52 AM

Ah yes...the midevel looking lamps. It's first on my list.

MrScott2006
November 15th, 2009, 02:54 AM
We have some new "test" lights here in town which while not really needed would be cool to have. I'll take some pics next time I'm downtown during the day. Also some older 'gas lamp' style lights would be nice. Such as:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cc/1860_street_light.jpg
maybe a double-head version as well.

peter

I wonder if there is a way to simulate a gas flame???

PerRock
November 15th, 2009, 03:52 AM
I wonder if there is a way to simulate a gas flame???

Not sure; although now a-days most of these lamps have been converted to run on electricity instead. Although I think just a yellow glow would suffice in for gas.

peter

MrScott2006
November 15th, 2009, 04:51 AM
Not sure; although now a-days most of these lamps have been converted to run on electricity instead. Although I think just a yellow glow would suffice in for gas.

peter

I'm thinking about using a set of corona, small coronas that would be the flame and give a flickering effect. I'll have to give some more thought on that.

Listen folk, it may say streetlights in the thread title but it can be any of your lighting needs. I'm looking to make something with stained glass but I don't know what. I'm also going to take another shot at that security light. I feel I can do a better job with it.

MrScott2006
November 15th, 2009, 01:10 PM

Could you get me a similar picture that is a little closer. The more detail that I see the more detail I can add.

MrScott2006
November 15th, 2009, 09:01 PM
The gas light is just about done. Question... How high should a typical gas light be?

MrScott2006
November 15th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Now the gas light is finished and uploaded. I made it slightly bigger then my last light post. Next???

brickbuilder711
November 15th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Now the gas light is finished and uploaded. I made it slightly bigger then my last light post. Next???

Would you recall the photos I previously sent you of the modern streetlight taken along US1? (The one with the blue barrier walls)

If that can be done, it will be great. Thanks

MrScott2006
November 15th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Would you recall the photos I previously sent you of the modern streetlight taken along US1? (The one with the blue barrier walls)

I knew there was another one in there somewhere..I had to go to the last streetlight post to get the picture. I'll get er done!

MrScott2006
November 15th, 2009, 10:59 PM

My eyes are not what they used to be, could you get me a close up of the bottom? The picture you posted was a little too far away for me. In the mean time I'll start on the rest if the light.

MrScott2006
November 15th, 2009, 11:58 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~laurel_line/pwpimages/Image1.jpg
Here is what I got so far. Pretty easy.

MrScott2006
November 16th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Until thes folks get me some more information for their projects, I'll be working on the next project. The only problem is I don't know what the next project is. I need some ideas from the rest of you folks. Any lighting needs needed?

brickbuilder711
November 17th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Here is what I got so far. Pretty easy.

Looking great, but it's not exactly curvy at the top.

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr156/brickbuilder711/untitled.jpg

Here's the image of the prototypical base for this type of light.

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr156/brickbuilder711/Base.jpg

MrScott2006
November 17th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Ok Thanks...I thought you forgot about it.

MrScott2006
November 17th, 2009, 08:17 PM
What do you think?
http://home.comcast.net/~mrscott1964/pwpimages/pole1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~mrscott1964/pwpimages/pole2.jpg

tomurban
November 17th, 2009, 08:31 PM

Does it have a kuid number or name for downloads yet? Just what I have been looking for. Thank you for your time and talent.

tomurban

MrScott2006
November 17th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Once I get the ok from the person that wanted it, it will be uploaded. Thanks for the kind words.:wave:

brickbuilder711
November 17th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Wow, looks great! :cool:

ish6
November 17th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Great stuff ... :wave: :)
Ish

MrScott2006
November 17th, 2009, 10:30 PM
The light was uploaded to the DL station...
and I'm ready for the next.

LWVRR
November 8th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Ok, Here is round 4 for the streetlights.
This round the light are for TS2009. Here are the first 3. When I get to 5 I'll I'll upload them to the DL Station.
http://home.comcast.net/~lwvrr/pwpimages/lightsc.jpg
Suggestions welcome.

Ronayne
November 8th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Could you make some rusty/derelict street lights please? :)

RRSignal
November 8th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Ok, Here is round 4 for the streetlights.
This round the light are for TS2009. Here are the first 3. When I get to 5 I'll I'll upload them to the DL Station.
Suggestions welcome.

Sweet! I'm a big fan of your streetlights. There's probably more of them than any other single object in my layout! Would you consider doing sodium vapor versions as well?

LWVRR
November 8th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Could you make some rusty/derelict street lights please? :)

I'll look into that, see what I come up with.

LWVRR
November 8th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Sweet! I'm a big fan of your streetlights. There's probably more of them than any other single object in my layout! Would you consider doing sodium vapor versions as well?

Do you mean the yellowish type lights?

LWVRR
November 8th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Here is #4...Power pole not included. :)

http://home.comcast.net/~lwvrr/pwpimages/lightD.jpg

RRSignal
November 8th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Do you mean the yellowish type lights?

Yep, well, orange ones, actually. The yellow lights never really caught on nationally.

LWVRR
November 8th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Yep, well, orange ones, actually. The yellow lights never really caught on nationally.

This should be easy to do. Finding the right color is the only challenge.

RRSignal
November 9th, 2010, 12:32 AM
This should be easy to do. Finding the right color is the only challenge.

Try RGB values of 210, 145, 42, respectively. That was for GIMP with no gamma correction. My video card is set with the "vibrance" a bit high so that color might be off a bit but it's a good starting point.

LWVRR
November 9th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Try RGB values of 210, 145, 42, respectively. That was for GIMP with no gamma correction. My video card is set with the "vibrance" a bit high so that color might be off a bit but it's a good starting point.

Ok, maybe it wasn't the challenge I'd thought it would be. :D

I'll make a set of these after I finish the first set of streetlights.

LWVRR
November 9th, 2010, 10:21 PM
The first 5 streetlights have been uploaded to the DL Station. :)

RRSignal
November 10th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Awesome, thanks!

LWVRR
November 10th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Here is the sodium vapor version. I'll need some feedback on this. Is the color right? Is there a better corona that I can use?

http://home.comcast.net/~lwvrr/pwpimages/SVlight.jpg

RRSignal
November 10th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Is it on the DLS? I didn't see it to try it but from what I can see that looks pretty good. It could be a hair more reddish or copper-colored but the lights themselves are a bit variable.

LWVRR
November 10th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Is it on the DLS? I didn't see it to try it but from what I can see that looks pretty good. It could be a hair more reddish or copper-colored but the lights themselves are a bit variable.

It's not on the DL Station yet. I want to get the color right. Taking a second look at it, it looks a bit too yellow to me. I'll keep at it.

LWVRR
November 10th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Is this a little closer?

http://home.comcast.net/~lwvrr/pwpimages/svlight2.jpg

RRSignal
November 10th, 2010, 09:20 PM
It looks like it could be a hair more orange-red, but it's almost perfect.

LWVRR
November 11th, 2010, 11:14 AM
These SV lights are now on the DL Station. I did screw up by not adding the new corona to the kuid tables in the files...but other then that they're good to go.

NikkiA
November 11th, 2010, 11:51 AM
All 3 look right...

And that's the problem, LPS streetlamps change colour as they 'warm up', the first shot you posted is how they look after about 5-10 minutes of being on, the more-orangey in the second picture, similar to how they look after about 30 minutes, and the last about how they look after an hour or so.

Although the last one should have a very faint orange-tinge to the cast light (but not the bulb).

Source: Having one of those evil devices stuck 1 meter outside our bedroom window for the last 2 years, and having to jerry-rig a collection of sheets to block the orange-glow from keeping me awake all night.

LWVRR
November 11th, 2010, 11:59 AM
I did tweak the final versions that are on the DL Station. I also changed the corona but the corona can't really be seen unless you are looking close up to the light.

Whats next? Any request?

xcrossi
November 11th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Please Make for 04 and 06 and upload to different site.:hehe:

LWVRR
November 11th, 2010, 12:11 PM
I can do that with no problem, but I need a site to volunteer to host them.

xcrossi
November 11th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Hello:
http://www.trainzproroutes.org/

LWVRR
November 11th, 2010, 07:17 PM
If someone contacts me about hosting them, I"ll be happy to post them. In the past I had emailed a few sites about hosting my stuff but they never returned the emails. So I gave up trying hosting my content on 3rd party sites. I won't mention names.

RRSignal
November 13th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Hey, LWVRR, thanks for the streetlights. Are you up to redoing Streetlight 8 and 9, and maybe 3 and 4, as sodium-vapor? The latter two are pretty close to Streetlight E to that's not really a big deal, but the first two are excellent parking lot lights. Can't count how many of them I've used in my layout! :)

The color, BTW, is spot-on. In-game the light is copper-colored which is exactly how the prototype looks.

LWVRR
November 13th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Hey, LWVRR, thanks for the streetlights. Are you up to redoing Streetlight 8 and 9, and maybe 3 and 4, as sodium-vapor? The latter two are pretty close to Streetlight E to that's not really a big deal, but the first two are excellent parking lot lights. Can't count how many of them I've used in my layout! :)

The color, BTW, is spot-on. In-game the light is copper-colored which is exactly how the prototype looks.

Glad you like them.

I looked at the lights you requested. 8 and 9 can't be done at this time because of the overlapping (light pools) alpha issue. But I will be more then happy to make them if it is ever discovered how to make them to TS2009 standards.

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of streetlight I want to make next.