PDA

View Full Version : trs2010

Mickaleen
October 27th, 2009, 03:49 AM
Hi all,

Can some one tell me if the "EE" Edition includes Surveyor for creating routes etc..

Regards
Mike

WindWalkr
October 27th, 2009, 04:20 AM
Yes, it does.

chris

pware
October 27th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Are you sure that EE contains surveyor?? - I know thats a silly question as you are from Auran!!!!

My understanding (and I could be very wrong) was that both EE and WBE would complement each other. EE would have just routes and locos with rolling stock plus Driver for those who just wanted to drive trains. WBE would be needed to create the routes with surveyor - but I could have been under a rock for these past few months.:confused:

itareus
October 27th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Are you sure that EE contains surveyor??

Pware,

Windwalkr (Chris) is Aurans "Chief Programmer" (sorry if thats the wrong title Chris!). So I think he will be right on this .......

Edit: Just a thought - I would guess it was probably easier/cheaper to include the Surveyor module in 2010 than to bring out a version without it given all the overhead costs of different versions of software. Personally I'm happy that it is to be a "complete" version rather than another add on - just my opinion!

Cheers

Another Chris

pware
October 27th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Windwalkr (Chris) is Aurans "Chief Programmer" (sorry if thats the wrong title Chris!). So I think he will be right on this .......

Yes it pays to read who the poster is before you open your mouth and insert foot.

WindWalkr
October 27th, 2009, 05:16 AM
My understanding (and I could be very wrong) was that both EE and WBE would complement each other. EE would have just routes and locos with rolling stock plus Driver for those who just wanted to drive trains. WBE would be needed to create the routes with surveyor - but I could have been under a rock for these past few months.:confused:

This was the original plan that Tony announced in 2008, however things have changed a little since then. It took us a lot longer than initially planned to find suitable content sets, we added SpeedTree and several other major features, and all up the product was looking more like a major release than a small content pack. We found ourselves asking whether it was still a good idea to release the product without Surveyor and the final answer was no.

To me, Surveyor is a fundamental part of the Trainz experience so I'm happy that we decided to include it.

chris

itareus
October 27th, 2009, 05:23 AM
......you open your mouth and insert foot.......

Wish I had a pound (GBP) for every time I've done that!!!

Cheers

Chris

airtime
October 27th, 2009, 07:23 AM
To anyone at Auran who can help answer my questions...

With the announcement of speedtree, and it's great news to hear, will speedtree work in both Native mode and Compatibility mode in Trainz 2010?

And also in Trainz 2009, when it rains you get silver land and white land when it's stormy, will this have been fixed in Trainz 2010 as well?

Many thanks

Joe Airtime

By the way, I love surveyor in Trainz, it's the best part of the program, never get rid of it, it's brilliant and so much easier to use than Railsim/railworks surveyor.

Mickaleen
October 28th, 2009, 06:49 AM
This was the original plan that Tony announced in 2008, however things have changed a little since then. It took us a lot longer than initially planned to find suitable content sets, we added SpeedTree and several other major features, and all up the product was looking more like a major release than a small content pack. We found ourselves asking whether it was still a good idea to release the product without Surveyor and the final answer was no.

To me, Surveyor is a fundamental part of the Trainz experience so I'm happy that we decided to include it.

chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply and thank you to those who have responded to my initial enquiry. This is good news along with the release of "EE" for Christmas.
Could I also ask if trs2010EE would run on Windows 7 in either 32bit or 64bit versions.

Regards
Mike

Tidgney
October 28th, 2009, 07:14 AM
So it wud have made more sense for me not to buy WBE and wait for this :SSS, as all iv been waiting for before i continued my route was trees being made, now EE has route builder and speed tree ufff.... Pretty damn annoying tbh, and a waste of money at my end buying WBE.

wreeder
October 28th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply and thank you to those who have responded to my initial enquiry. This is good news along with the release of "EE" for Christmas.
Could I also ask if trs2010EE would run on Windows 7 in either 32bit or 64bit versions.

Regards
Mike

Hi Mike,

I've not seen anyone report problems running TS2009 under Win 7 so I think it is safe to say that TS2010 will run just fine too.

William

NICKEL
October 28th, 2009, 08:20 AM
So it wud have made more sense for me not to buy WBE and wait for this :SSS, as all iv been waiting for before i continued my route was trees being made, now EE has route builder and speed tree ufff.... Pretty damn annoying tbh, and a waste of money at my end buying WBE.

Then again if people wouldn't have bought 2009 WBE you wouldn't have to worry about buying 2010EE as it wouldn't probably have been produced. Strange thing about businesses are they need money to run, need some real rich guy to buy the Trainz line and support it as a hobby.