PDA

View Full Version : What Would Be Your Ultimate Simulator ?

TrainzLover09
October 19th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Mine would have to be Trainz 2004 incorperated with MSTS and Flight Simulator , the easyness of route creating on Trainz , The Detail Of the locomotive's and rolling stock in MSTS and The Aircraft In Microsoft Flight Simulator X .

geoffwilliams
October 19th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Yes indeed! I would love to see some combination of Flight Simulator and a train simulator. Someone started this back in the days of FS98 and FS2000, with FSRail, but he gave up development when MSTS was released.

I read somewhere that some of the Microsoft Aces team that lost their jobs have started a new company. One never knows they may come up with something.

FS2004 and FSX are the best flight sims on the market, IMHO nothing else comes close.

Trainz is arguably the best train sim, the S&C route and rolling stock in TC3 are as good as I've seen, and anyone that has tried route building in MSTS will know what a nightmare it is.

Don't know about Railworks, I made the mistake of buying Rail Simulator, it isn't even installed on my system now.
Geoff

whistlehead
October 19th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I would combine the experimental vehicle physics of Rigs of Rods with the route creating ease of trs2006 with Flight Sim and Ship Sim (actually, trs2006 uses many of Ship Sim 2006's cars - had you noiticed? with the ability to drive road vehicles, the detail of Rail Simulator and better sound effects.

Is it too much to ask? :o

Chris

TrainzLover09
October 19th, 2009, 10:53 AM
it would need a hell of a lot of memory thow :D :hehe: maybe one day ... all we can do is hope .....

I love FSX that has to be the best flight simulator out ! MSTS has fantastic rolling stock .

DaSnakke
October 19th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Well, I would keep trainz as it is, but with a graphic engine like Crisys`. THe objects already look good in trainz, all we need is for the game to run smoothly no matter what.:p

bigboy4010
October 19th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I would combine Trainz and Railroad Tycoon. You'd have the surveyor and driver functions of trianz, but you could also have maps made to work with economics, where you get money for your loads and have to pay for all your expenses. You could expand your railroad using your funds as well. You set everything to run at real time or fast, or you can choose to go run a train from one destination to another while keeping to a time schedule and working with other trains on the railroad. I can't imagine how much it would take to make something like that though.

sparky15
October 19th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Trainz's AI and surveyor, MSTS physics and train handling with RS/RW's graphics. That would be a winner for me.

Dave.....

whistlehead
October 19th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I commented on Rigs of Rods, has anyone else seen it before?

It's a free download game, using advanced experimental vehicle physics. In other words, when you crash, it dents, smashes and otherwise breaks.

Chris

Johnk
October 19th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Just in case you lost the web site from your bookmarks Whistlehead, here's the URL.

http://rigsofrods.com/

I know, you just want people to learn how to google!;)

whistlehead
October 19th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I know, you just want people to learn how to google!;)

It's a fair cop. :(

Chris

Ronayne
October 20th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Personally, my ultimate simulator would be one that has all the tram, metro, monorail, bus and city content on all versions of Trainz! This would probably be unlikley to be made, but I live in hope. ;)

jeffmorris
October 20th, 2009, 04:20 AM
My ultimate simulator would let me simulate anything that moves, flies, and floats.

cascaderailroad
October 20th, 2009, 07:30 AM
A simulator with a wider angle field of viw, or 3 wrap around screens, like the real Railroad Industriial Simulators used for training engineers.

I have tried entering into my Trainzoption file: -driverfov=185 and every other numeral, but it still looks like viewing trains with a tunnel vision, through a window.

Trainz, with better planes, trucks, and cars...as I incorporate aerial flyways, and driveable cars in Trainz.

Laddie
October 20th, 2009, 09:21 AM
As sad as this sounds, I actually planned a simulator a few year back and I started to learn programming but eventually dropped it because I got heavily into web development.

I was going to be a real life simulator where you could either live out your own life or make one up. It was going to include real places so you could buy the home you live in in real life, etc. It was going to have all types of transport, sport, activities, etc. Now i think of it, no matter how many processors you could put in your computer, it wouldn't be able to handle all the information.

I would have been amazing though.

elgato
October 20th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Trainz's AI and surveyor, MSTS physics and train handling with RS/RW's graphics. That would be a winner for me.
Sorry sparky15 for copying your post but it says it all.
Cheers
Gilles

LoudTrain
October 20th, 2009, 10:26 AM
My ultimate simulator would have content creation that's as easy to do as it is in the Punch HomeDesign software.

-- Russ

SuperFudd
October 20th, 2009, 02:22 PM
How about a combination of TRS2010, FSX and Duke Nukem 3D/Shadow warrior?:eek:

applegathc
October 20th, 2009, 02:34 PM
A version of Trainz that has the whole earth as a map where every object and everything else is completely 100% accurate in detail and is a fully multiplayer arena with Engineers, Conductors, Dispatchers, Foreman, Work Orders and Timetables, etc, etc. I know it's physically impossible (for now anyways) but I can dream can't I?

cam

danny5
October 20th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Some thing That would work right out of the box,Auran has not done that yet
Danny5

backyard
October 20th, 2009, 08:35 PM
:cool: No. Unless of course I could routinely visit McDonough, GA to run actual NS routes...

My wishes?

TS2009, RailDriver, subwoofer.

That, plus the many payware, freeware locomotives & cars I have, that's all I need...

Plus a good Internet FM Eclectic station program...(mer).

pware
October 20th, 2009, 09:06 PM
My ultimate simulator ...

Reality

TrainMan12
October 20th, 2009, 09:45 PM
A version of Trainz that has the whole earth as a map where every object and everything else is completely 100% accurate in detail and is a fully multiplayer arena with Engineers, Conductors, Dispatchers, Foreman, Work Orders and Timetables, etc, etc. I know it's physically impossible (for now anyways) but I can dream can't I?

cam

That sounds like a job with the railway.

Ronayne
October 21st, 2009, 12:51 AM
What about a version of trainz where you control a person and move them around a virtual world and drive trains, trams etc.
Perhaps with buildings you can walk into and trains,trams,cars you can drive and excluding cars, catch (not literally :p ).

Sort of a virtual world like Habbo, There, Second life etc. crossed with Trainz. Maybe with other users on the same map.
I talk too much thanks for listening. :)

busutakos
July 12th, 2010, 01:37 PM
That is nothing compared to the TTC Bus simulator! for pictures look on the thread "Best Simulator Ever!"

trainzamtrakfan
July 12th, 2010, 02:37 PM
railworks , trainz and msts mixed would be the best sim on the market

kamran
July 12th, 2010, 02:41 PM
mine favourite would be physics of msts and surveyor and other functions of trs 2009

mbv67
July 12th, 2010, 03:11 PM
The best simulator to me would be all the fun stuff in Trainz, combined with the graphics of Railworks, some of the stuff of games like Second Life, etc, and Microsoft Train Simulator.

I know its physically impossible now, but at least I can imagine it.

sniper297
July 12th, 2010, 04:37 PM
"Trainz's AI and surveyor, MSTS physics and train handling with RS/RW's graphics", Sparky always has the right voltage. :cool:

"Some thing That would work right out of the box,Auran has not done that yet"

I'm a newby to Trainz, but that's my first impression, 90% of the stuff I download don't work from the start. My son has a computer that's identical to mine except he has a newer better video card, and I can't get TRS2010 to run on his at all, it crashes as soon as any session starts loading no matter what settings I try. It runs other video games just fine, in most cases a lot better than mine does. On my system TRS2010 crashes fairly often, and when it doesn't I get that black screen for a few seconds, or jump back to desktop with the smaller black screen showing, whenever starting a session and sometimes when jumping engines. Tried all the tips about resetting the aspect ratio from autodetect to a specific ratio but that's worse, it freezes the screen. Even with all the sliders turned down to minimum I get barely playable framerates on any route that has speedtrees.

Content Manager needs some serious work, either some type of automatic fixerupper or something that gives you a vague hint about what to DO about error messages instead of leaving you to figure it out yourself. Download helper isn't usually reliable either, "Hey, I got MOST of the dependencies automatically, just left one or two on the download station to give you something to fix!" :hehe:

Just today made my first attempt at adjusting physics in Trainz, the default C-41 seems to have way too much power - 30 cars up a 2.5% grade should leave it gasping, and it motors on up without breaking a sweat. So I cloned the c-41 engine spec file and cut the power and adhesion in half, see what that does. I don't know what it does, half the controls on the Raildriver quit working. An hour of tinkering showed that an exact clone of the original, even without changing any of the numbers inside, makes the throttle and reverser on the Raildriver non responsive. Cause and effect dunno, but after committing the blasted thing I try it in game, then go back to Content Manager and it's "open for edit" again. Double checked by re-opening Content manager to make sure the "open for edit" icon is gone, somehow running the engine in the game opens the blasted thing up again.

Anyway that's all the bad I've noticed so far, the graphics are pretty good altho the animation is pretty bad (main thing that stopped me buying TRS2004 was seeing a demo on a 1.5ghz system, state of the art in 2003, with ridiculously heavy stuttering), sounds are the best I've heard in any of the Big Three. I developed routes and did repaints for MSTS for six years, Railsim/Railworks for two years, and so far I like Trainz better than either.

amigacooke
July 12th, 2010, 04:51 PM
My Ultimate Simulator would be .... too expensive for me to afford. ;)

martinvk
July 12th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Think big, no bigger.

If you don't know that one, look up Red Dwarf. In a similarly named episode, they showed this ultimate simulator was not as wonderful as it seemed.

Sampug394
July 13th, 2010, 02:09 AM
Off on a little tangent, but Combining Railroad Tycoon 3's Financial and Economic aspects with Sid Meier's Railroads' terrain-changing track and bridge laying aspects, would be a real great Strategy game... :wave: