PDA

View Full Version : In need of a (non functioning) rotary dumper

jadebullet
October 8th, 2009, 01:02 AM
I am just wondering if anyone has made a rotary dumper for Trainz. I know that you cannot actually get it to animate due to limitations, but I am wondering if anyone has made a static model. I know that Bendorsey has made a rotary transfer, but that is narrow gauge, and is a transfer rather than a dumper.

Thanks in advance.

PerRock
October 8th, 2009, 01:16 AM
isn't there one built in? try searching for "dumper" or "Rotary" Surveyor

peter

ct_krogen
October 8th, 2009, 07:50 AM
there one on the dls, you would have to click all of the versions of trainz, i rembe there is one on there, i think it was for teh first version of trainz

bendorsey
October 8th, 2009, 08:45 AM
What exactly did you have in mind? I might be able to modify one of mine to fit your needs.

Ben

jadebullet
October 8th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Essencially, I just need a car tip Similar to this one.
http://home.comcast.net/%7Esteelmanjules/myphotos/coalore11.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esteelmanjules/myphotos/coalore13.jpg

The car would be tipped(without being coupled. No rotary couplers here.) onto the grate, and then it would be pushed down a hill where a brakeman(my dad actually used to do this) would throw the handbrake.

bendorsey
October 8th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Thats a lot different then the ones I've made so it would have to be a completely new item. I can probably make it but I'd need some more photos and basic dimensions. Animating the rotary dumper is no problem but getting the car to rotate is a bear. There is a way to do it but its propriatary info so I can't use that method. My suggestion would be to have doors that close at the ends then the bin rotates and the load dumps. The car inside wouldn't actually rotate but you can't see it so it doesn't matter. As for letting gravity take care of the empty cars - I've already made items that work that way (kick back dumpers). They use the retarders from the hump yard kit to slow down and stop the cars. Works like a charm.

BTW - your bridge is done. Please PM me - I have a few questions before I make the CDP. Thanks.

Ben

rweber95
October 8th, 2009, 09:47 PM
There is this one:
dumper,<kuid2:3801:27000:4>

Bob