PDA

View Full Version : Auran Forum "Admin" problem?

itareus
October 7th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Since the recent changes to the forum pages I have noticed that the bold font indicating new posts clears after about 30 minutes even though I am still logged in (prior to the changes the bold font persisted for a long time).

Also selecting "New Posts" after looking through my "Subscribed Threads" only brings up posts for the last few minutes (i.e. since the bold font cleared). This makes browsing for new posts a bit of a chore.

Perhaps the forum admin could have a look into this.

(n.b. I check the "Remember Me" box when logging in.)

Thanks

Chris

American_Connections
October 7th, 2009, 04:32 AM
I think this is from the page actively updating. Happens with other sites I work with, so is just Auran catching up to the world, look at it as an improvement! What they do need to look into is logging the user off, even they are still searching the forum.

Johnk
October 7th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I think there are more problems with the forum other than that:

The New Posts feature doesn't work. I use it daily, but then I have to search through all the threads to look at the posts the New Posts" feature missed. There are errors every day. Sometimes it may be one or two, but at other times there could be several.
The Search box seems to only cater for single keyword searches. As far as I can tell, and I've even read the developer's documentation, Boolean searching isn't possible. I've tried inverted commas, plus (+) and minus (-) operators but nothing seems to work.
It also seems to jam up a lot when you're trying to make a post.Other than that it's a pretty good script.

deeelare
October 7th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Just in case the Auran Crew is following this thread ;

I wish they would reinitialize showing the date the thread was started .

--- ,DLR

jrfolco
October 7th, 2009, 08:35 PM

--- ,DLR

I'm one hundred percent for that idea.

smash
October 7th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by deeelare http://forums.auran.com/trainz/images/newforum/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?p=502203#post502203)

Add Me to that list as well.
Kenny

alanti
October 8th, 2009, 02:57 AM
It is definitely not working the way that I would expect it to. I came to the site a short time ago and all but two of the flags (of those that showed without scrolling down the page) were indicating new posts. I went to the general trainz thread, read the new posts and came back to the front page and all of the flags were reset to no new posts. Not very helpful at all. :(

Spiffy
October 8th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Thanks for notifying us of these issues, I will have a look into them and see if we can find a solution. The changes made to the forum skin would not have affected the way the forums work as it was cosmetic changes only.

As I said we will be looking into it.

alanti
October 8th, 2009, 03:10 AM
Thanks for notifying us of these issues, I will have a look into them and see if we can find a solution. The changes made to the forum skin would not have affected the way the forums work as it was cosmetic changes only.

As I said we will be looking into it.

Thanks for that, I am at that age now where it is not safe to trust my memory to which posts I have or have not read :D

itareus
October 8th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Thanks Spiffy.

Chris.

Johnk
October 8th, 2009, 06:13 AM
My problems have nothing to do with the skin change. They've been there forever, especially the search issue. The basic search box on my web site is fifty times better.