PDA

View Full Version : Auran should get new servers

BigThing
October 3rd, 2009, 04:48 PM
I am board of the slow download speeds on the DLS, and i don't want to have to pay for decent speeds

Do you think that Auran should get some more servers?

ct_krogen
October 3rd, 2009, 04:50 PM
well if you buy a fct you don't have a download limit....and most of the
layouts are 100 meg or more, and you get fast speed

johnwhelan
October 3rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
I am board of the slow download speeds on the DLS, and i don't want to have to pay for decent speeds

What do you consider slow? I'm getting 300 kbs off the DLS at the moment. There are all sorts of reasons why you may not be getting the speed you desire.

What sort of speed are you getting?

Thanks John

aardvark1
October 3rd, 2009, 05:09 PM

Are you feeling a little....Treezy?:D

Have fun,

JCitron
October 3rd, 2009, 07:11 PM

Have fun,

LOL... He must be "flat out".

John

mikemike
October 3rd, 2009, 07:25 PM
i thought it was a sub-post in a role-playing timber-baron's realm: the board of internet, the sliver of hope, the knot of when?

Have fun,

Mike10
October 3rd, 2009, 07:44 PM

Answered your own question there really didn't you, you don't want to pay for the faster speed so you'll have to be 'board' with the slower speeds won't you.

Mike.

deeelare
October 3rd, 2009, 07:56 PM

One of the silliest threads I've seen in awhile !
How is your PC running , maybe we all chip in and upgrade it for you ?

--- ,DLR

sfrr
October 3rd, 2009, 08:36 PM
Dude just go buy one holy cow. Or go buy a version of trainz, and register the serial number and get 30 days free. But that'd defeat the purpose of not buying an FCT wouldn't it? :p

backyard
October 3rd, 2009, 11:25 PM
:cool: Somebody wants something for nothing...no big thing...

And it could possibly be your computer...

Your flame did not work here...

paulzmay
October 3rd, 2009, 11:42 PM
Dude just go buy one holy cow. Or go buy a version of trainz, and register the serial number and get 30 days free. But that'd defeat the purpose of not buying an FCT wouldn't it? :p

Not sure this applies to all versions - I got one with '06 when it came out, but not '09.

At the end of the day it costs Auran money for the DLS servers - it's pretty good to get even slow access for free. Charging for better bandwidth is how they fund that service. If you'd paid for a FCT and it was still slow I'd habe more sympathy...

Paul

klambert
October 4th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Its faster than some places I download other stuff from. I usually leave something to download when I go out.

Vern
October 4th, 2009, 01:16 AM
TS2009 Auran boxed version had a serial but you entered it when running the programme first time, not on install.

With a FCT I've been getting more than reasonable service from the DLS, it throws the odd wobbly but hardly a show stopper. Methinks a FCT is the solution to the OP's problem - ain't nowt for free in this world lad.

toroca
October 5th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Not sure this applies to all versions - I got one with '06 when it came out, but not '09.
I got a week of it free with 09. But then, I hadn't bought a Trainz program since the original one, before they started adding years or extra words to the title. ;)

cascaderailroad
December 11th, 2014, 02:31 PM
This is Ground Control, to Major Bump :hehe:

Not wanting to start a brand new thread:

Every other website, worldwide, displays within 1/3 of a seconds time ... Yet the N3V Forum is so slow, that it is taking anywhere between 10 seconds, and a minute to change pages.

Anyone else having this issue ?

teddytoot
December 11th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Yes, over the past two days. Yesterday I had timeouts quite a few times. It is very slow at the moment (19:35 GMT) whereas everything else is fast (I'm on fibre).

xcrossi
December 11th, 2014, 03:07 PM
No problems here.;)
Of course I'm on meds:hehe:

MeowRailroad
December 11th, 2014, 03:27 PM
I have been occasionally having this problem, with it taking 5 or so seconds to load.

ryanstrains
December 11th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Loads fine for me.

Zeldaboy14
December 11th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Same here ryan. Only reason it loads slow for me is due to running to many old things on this old vista machine, or just leaving on overnight. :p

mezzoprezzo
December 11th, 2014, 03:46 PM
'
It's been dead slow all day for me, occasionally timing out.

Posting, particularly images, has been almost impossible. I managed one with images, but that took three tries.

Attempting to "Preview Post" made it hang, but it does seem a little faster now.

chris2001trainz2010
December 11th, 2014, 04:06 PM
None here. Must be your internet connections.

Keep calm and think it out,

mezzoprezzo
December 11th, 2014, 05:50 PM
None here. Must be your internet connections.~snip~Not so.

Connections to all other sites are running faster than a high speed maglev!

[Keep calm, and don't make assumptions:p]

PARAILFAN
December 11th, 2014, 06:18 PM

At the end of the day it costs Auran money for the DLS servers - it's pretty good to get even slow access for free. Charging for better bandwidth is how they fund that service. If you'd paid for a FCT and it was still slow I'd habe more sympathy...

Paul

Well I'm one of those that does pay for a FCT. And the DLS using Content Manager is completely down. It seems to happen every week at least once. Every day that it is down is a day I'm not getting the service I paid for.

cascaderailroad
December 11th, 2014, 06:49 PM
It took 2 minutes to open this post for edit ... and took another 5 minutes to send this post to the Forums ... Something is radically wrong with the slow speed of the Forum displaying.

JCitron
December 11th, 2014, 07:34 PM
The connection yesterday was terrible. We were also downloading the beta TANE CE edition and for some of us it wouldn't go anywhere or would timeout somewhere during the process.

Bill69
December 11th, 2014, 07:55 PM
It took 2 minutes to open this post for edit ... and took another 5 minutes to send this post to the Forums ... Something is radically wrong with the slow speed of the Forum displaying.

Same here. Is it something to do with server maintenance, and why does it always happen on a Friday?

Cheers,
Bill69

clam1952
December 11th, 2014, 08:01 PM
No problems here with forums or DLS, could be it's a routing or DNS server issue and not N3V or it would be affecting everyone which it isn't ;o)

leksie
December 11th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Let's pray for tomorrow , don't let it be doomsday .

cascaderailroad
December 15th, 2014, 03:46 PM
The Forum is taking in excess of 5 minutes to load pages, and 5 more minutes to post threads ... ARRRRGH !

ZecMurphy
December 15th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Good Morning All
Thank you everyone for reporting this. Our team will be looking into it, and will give the server a kick, when they get into the office.

Regards

ZecMurphy
December 15th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Good Morning All
Thank you everyone for reporting this. Our team will be looking into it, and will give the server a kick, when they get into the office.

Regards

mezzoprezzo
December 15th, 2014, 06:18 PM
'
Apologies.

Please ignore:o

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/fstrainz/d0c16d36.jpg

Enzo1
December 15th, 2014, 07:53 PM
The forums have been running weird since those two people posted their spam messages all over the forum. Is there an idea that perhaps that has something to do with it?