PDA

View Full Version : snow in TS2010 ?

vandijk
October 3rd, 2009, 02:45 PM
I know Auran don't like the winter, but I do.
So will there now be snow-routes, comparable i.e. to Railsimulator ?

Johnk
October 4th, 2009, 04:18 AM
Where I live, there's no such thing as winter. What does it look like?

Scitimar
October 4th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Based only on the small snippit of info from Chris , I believe that we're headed in a far better direction than what is available in other products seasonal changes :D .. hopefully they will also be able to alter the snow PFX to give a more realistic feel .

hth

mathiasw
October 4th, 2009, 05:55 AM
I know Auran don't like the winter, but I do.
So will there now be snow-routes, comparable i.e. to Railsimulator ?

To be honest, I don't think that Railsimulators "winters" are so great. It only are a different texture and trees without leafs. This is perhaps how winter looks like in Great Britain and some other "lite" winter countries. Where I live, we have about a meter of snow. This change the landscape totally. That would be cool. And also the possibility to plow the snow.... :hehe:

mathiasw
October 4th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Where I live, there's no such thing as winter. What does it look like?

To your benefit I have included a link to a photo from Riksgränsen, between Sweden and Norway. And yes, there is trains going there... You actually see the snow shelter over the line there....
Swedens heviest trains move here running iron ore to Narvik, Norway.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/9199208

(No, it isn't my photo - I stay way south of these parts during winter)

Scitimar
October 4th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Where I live, we have about a meter of snow. This change the landscape totally. That would be cool. And also the possibility to plow the snow.... :hehe:

Part of an answer from Chris to a question asked ..

At the moment our focus is on time-of-year and snow-line height.

May not be able to raise the terrain , however the possibility to influence the depth of snow on the track may be there . Guess that it's wait and see .