PDA

View Full Version : Compatability

pnwgreers
September 28th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Is Trainz compatable with MSTrain Sim and visa versa?:)

UP5521
September 28th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Is Trainz compatable with MSTrain Sim and visa versa?:)

I don't know if they are, maybe someone else on here can help!

clam1952
September 28th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I don't know if they are, maybe someone else on here can help!

Short answer is no it's not.

UP5521
September 28th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Short answer is no it's not.

okay, thanks!:cool:

UP5521
September 28th, 2009, 03:50 PM
NO they are not! because they are train simulators made by two companies: trainz from Auran and MSTS is from Microsoft, so as for compatability, I highly doubt it!:cool:

Vern
September 28th, 2009, 04:19 PM
The only "compatability" comes if you have built 3D models in an application which exports to all three sims (MSTS, TRS and RS/RW) if you have the source files then you can use the models in more than one sim. However even then in the case of more complex models, e.g. with moving parts the conventions for attaching etc. parts and components is quite different.

If you've used Google Earth to create a kml file of markers for an MSTS route then these could be imported via Transdem into TRS (or used for RS/RW) but there are better and quicker ways of getting geographic information into TRS.

However you can't take a finished route or item of rolling stock in any of the three big sims and use it in one of the others.

tomurban
September 28th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I have both and they are definitely not compatable.

teddytoot
September 29th, 2009, 04:01 AM
He may be asking if they can both be installed and run on the same machine, in which case the answer is yes. But as stated above they are completely independent programs.