PDA

View Full Version : A question for the peanut gallery

treblesum81
September 25th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Hi All,

I've started working on trying to make some native mode layouts for TS2009 for myself. They are not based off of any real locations, just something for me to play with without poor performance and low-level graphics. As I'm working, I've thought about the possibility of releasing some of it to the community, but I'm not sure if such unrealistic layouts would be desired enough for it to be worth the time for me to make them in enough quality to be comfortable sharing.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Greg

mjolnir
September 25th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I'm doing something of the same thing, and you might consider doing what I plan to do: when you reach a point where you're comfortable with how things look, post screenshots of items you think best demonstrate your abilities and efforts, and see how much interest there is; if people give you a flurry of "where can I get that ...." forum posts, you know to upload; if no one responds at all, well, you can decide what to do in that instance.

ns

treblesum81
September 25th, 2009, 03:52 PM
LoL, I'll keep that one in mind and give it a try. But the reason I ask is more because my layouts have been endless works in progress over the last couple of months, and if I were ever to upload them, I'd have to really buckle down and do some work to make the look "polished" if you know what I mean..

mjolnir
September 25th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Yes, I know what you mean. That's why you don't find any of my posts in the "Screenshots" forum. But I'm getting there, and while I don't recommend holding your breath until it happens, someday....

ns

Tokkyu40
September 25th, 2009, 09:35 PM
I don't polish mine. I just finish them until I like what I see and they're fun to play with.
The fun factor is more important than high levels of detail. If it's pleasant to look at and fun to drive, I'd say upload it. If someone wants a more realistic version, let them add the extras they want.
If you post screen shots and no one responds it could just be that they don't have anything useful to say. If they want it they'll download it and if they don't they won't. That's the only way to know how much interest there really is.
In the end you're really making these for yourself. Make yourself happy first, then share what you did for others with similar tastes. Some of my layouts have only a few downloads, others have been downaded a few thousand times. Each one was built for my own reasons to make me happy, so if it makes someone else happy that's just a bonus..

:cool:Claude

big_b
September 26th, 2009, 02:01 AM
I'm currently moving all my TS2006 Modules about 16 which I have removed all textures with erazora into TS2009 to merge together into a complete route & then re-texture & do a few modifications/additions.

When it's complete I'll upload it.If people want to download it to drive the route they will if they don't they won't.

Dave