PDA

View Full Version : Content Request- rule

BigThing
August 20th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Can anyone create a rule in which you can plan as many trains as you want on a schedule.

Something that would make planning a metro timetable easy (and im talking about alot of trains here)

Also if that were the case, would the AI drivers follow it to the best of there ability (i.e speed restrictions, line traffic)

BigThing
August 21st, 2009, 09:53 AM
Doesn't anyone know if its possible?

Kennilworth
August 21st, 2009, 12:04 PM
Hi BigThing

I use the SCS2006 rule for running trains to a timetable. The scenario uses a lot of Path Set commands and Wait Until commands to keep everything on time. You can also adjust individual speeds on trains to ensure that they keep time at passing points which is essential if running to a timetable. The rule is available on the DS but it does have a steep learning curve. I don't know if all the above is possible using the AI rules and drivers but I found that the AI tend to run at max line speed all the time which can make it difficult to keep them to a timetable.

Regards

Brian

BigThing
August 22nd, 2009, 08:11 AM
Well i suppose it would take alot of testing and timing but it should be possible thanks for your help,
Is it called scs2006? You didnt quite make it clear.
Also can that be used to time as many trains as you want?

Kennilworth
August 22nd, 2009, 09:17 AM
Hi again

Yes the rule is called SCS2006 and can be downloaded from the DLS or from the TPR website

http://www.trainzproroutes.org/forum/

You will need to register but this is free. There is a forum for SCS2006 right at the bottom of the forum page. If you download from the DLS, drag the rule into the download panel and it will find the dependencies including a comprehensive manual. The rule works well with all versions from 2006 to 2009.

Using this I have been able to program a number of scenarios on the S&C route including one based on Carlisle with all the WC mainline trains passing through in addition to the ones using the S&C, Newcastle and M&C routes. I believe there is a limit to the number of threads that can be run in one scenario (about 64 I think) but by re-using certain trains instead of deleting them you can get make some threads accomodate 3 or 4 train movements. I've not reached the limit yet and some of my scenarios run for 3 hours. If I try to make them longer I find that it gets very time consuming and can be boring.

If you decide to have a look at it there are demos and tutorials available from the forum on the TPR site linked above. The people at TPR are usually very helpful and if you need help either post there or on this board again and I will try to answer your questions.

Regards

Brian

Wessex_Electric_Nutter
August 22nd, 2009, 09:26 AM
Something that would make planning a metro timetable easy (and im talking about alot of trains here)

Does the metro system run 24/7? I've got a lot of systems like that on my own personal layout, but I've not done any rush hour services. What I did find in 09, is a schedule rule, but don't combine or split trains, it just doesn't like it! (I've tried, my first heavy rail train went from one station, to the next, split, one goes back one way, the other continues the other.) The only other disadvantage, is there is no way to tell the timetable to repeat until blah (which would be useful in my situation). You can however, try and split everything up into diagrams, like I compiled a timetable in MS Word, that has a list of the trains, where they start from, where they end and all the calling points in between, I can give you a word document of my propose timetable if you like.