PDA

View Full Version : selecting an existing trackside object

martinvk
August 15th, 2009, 07:24 PM
When there are two or more trackside objects very close together and not necessarily on the same track, how do you select one without touching the others. I'm having a hard time adjusting the positions of my switch levers. I want to move lever along the track or flip the lever and the wrong lever is picked.

I will spin around poking at it from all angles. Sometimes that helps. Often I end up moving the offending lever far down the track while I work on the one I want. Then I have to remember to bring the other one back.

Does the order they are placed have any bearing on the pickability? Can the action radius of the trackside object be reduced so it doesn't get picked unless I click directly on it?

Len2480
August 15th, 2009, 10:09 PM
You can delete the one you are not trying to change,and then after doing the change,put it back in..this works best if using one of the switch{point,turnout)
machines from the DLS...L

R701Rusty
August 15th, 2009, 10:19 PM
I will spin around poking at it from all angles. Sometimes that helps.

Sorry if this is obvious but what about from directly overhead?

Cheers
Russell.

martinvk
August 15th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Sorry if this is obvious but what about from directly overhead?

Cheers
Russell.
That will sometimes work but not with any consistency.

As for deleting and then replacing, it sometimes comes down to that but that has got to be a better way.

angelah
August 16th, 2009, 02:19 AM
When I get this problem, well it's not really a problem I suppose, just a little bit of difficulty, I find moving one or the other a little does the trick.

Angela

Dermmy
August 16th, 2009, 03:09 AM
I move the easy-to-get one a mile out of the way, adjust the hard-to-get one, then move the other one back....

mikeaust
August 16th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Get in as close as you can so the coverage area is much smaller usually does the trick.
Cheers,
Mike