PDA

View Full Version : Sinkholes?

Approach_Medium
August 8th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Hi;
I think this subject came up several months ago, but a search didn't reveal anything.

In TS2009, SP2_Beta, I have on several occasions seen small sink-holes in the ground.
I know that I didn't make them, and had never placed any submerged objects such as tunnels, etc in these locations.
The holes are usually small, only about 1m across, and maybe 2m deep.
They're easy to fix, but I am curious as to when and why they appear.

Thanks

FW

transitguard
August 8th, 2009, 08:39 PM
The geological formations under the baseboard are breaking down as CMP eats itself?:hehe:

NIARTcar
August 9th, 2009, 12:50 AM
The geological formations under the baseboard are breaking down as CMP eats itself?:hehe:
Itself, and anything else it can get its tenticals into.......

its quite possible that its a terrain error, perhaps the base map that the computer uses to generate new routes is flawed? or corrupted slightly

nbrettoner
August 9th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Itself, and anything else it can get its tenticals into.......

its quite possible that its a terrain error, perhaps the base map that the computer uses to generate new routes is flawed? or corrupted slightly

or, perhaps there's nothing wrong with the map at all, & the program's corrupted/flawed??. :o

Sorry. :( I'll go & wash my mouth out with lard soap straight away!.

Approach_Medium
August 9th, 2009, 04:53 AM
The map was generated using TransDem. I never saw the holes before SP2_Beta, so I guess I should report it in TrainzDev.

FW

BobCass
August 9th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Hi All: I too have noticed this, strange thing. Also I have noticed when you merge routes this same thing happens only on the corners of the table only this time it protrudes upwards. What is this??

Bob Cass:confused: :confused:

Approach_Medium
August 9th, 2009, 11:38 AM
On my route, I now believe that this happened when I upgraded from 10m to 5m grid.

SuperFudd
August 9th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I have seen perhaps 50 foot peaks apear where there were none in layouts I transfered to TS2009, not at the layout edges (perhaps at a board edge?). A minor but curious event.