PDA

View Full Version : Sherman Hill Switch Stand Question

motorbreath
July 31st, 2009, 09:32 PM
The Sherman Hill route by Trainzitalia is wonderful, except for the default Trainz switch levers. It's kind of beyond me why they would put such great efforts into everything else, yet leave the lame levers in there. Any ways, I was wondering what would be good 1950's era correct switch stands to use for this route since I plan to replace them. Any suggestions?

cascaderailroad
July 31st, 2009, 09:47 PM
I would imagine that they used Auran default levers, so that people who don't know how to search for missing dependencies would be able to get the route running effortlessly, with no problems.

The default levers really are:p ugly.

I always lay switch's without levers, and place my levers by hand, on my routes. I replace them with either throwover SCL yellow target, PRR red target low switchstands, or CNR Mainline high/low target rotary lighted switchstands.

motorbreath
July 31st, 2009, 10:49 PM
I would imagine that they used Auran default levers, so that people who don't know how to search for missing dependencies would be able to get the route running effortlessly, with no problems.

I always lay switch's without levers, and place my levers by hand, on my routes. I replace them with either throwover SCL yellow target, PRR red target low switchstands, or CNR Mainline high/low target rotary lighted switchstands.
They did a great job, don't get me wrong. I actually had no missing dependencies or anything. Thanks for the advice.

davesnow
August 1st, 2009, 09:18 AM
Open the Config file of your REGION, and change the "defaultjunction" to the kuid of the switchstand you would prefer. Now, whenever you make a spur in your route, your switchstand will appear there!:)

ex-railwayman
August 1st, 2009, 12:42 PM

I would also presume that as so many of us around the world who have downloaded the route would like different switches, or junction/point levers as we call them over here, they put the default ones on, so we could alter them accordingly to our own personal choice. Also, these default ones are not as high poly as some of the others available as well, which may affect frame rates in the large built-up yard areas on some of our computers, especially, if you want to exchange all of them....

Cheerz. ex.