PDA

View Full Version : Getting stuck at passenger stations

manos
July 31st, 2009, 11:53 AM
Sometimes when I'm on a passenger scenario and having stopped at a "passenger enabled" station the train gets stuck, it seems to get trapped there forever and I cannot just drive off again. As the train controls are disabled (because of the train stop at a passenger station) I cannot think of a way to force the train into starting again and moving away from the station: I have to abort the scenario.
So my question is: How a situation like this can be dealt with? Is there a key conbination to force the train out of this predicament and make the driving controls operable again?
Thanks,
manos

Gandalf0444
July 31st, 2009, 11:59 AM
I had this issue a long time ago... A train would get stuck in the station, then I'd send another train to "Rescue" it then that to would get sucked into he black hole... I however have forgotten how I fixed this...:confused:

Kennilworth
July 31st, 2009, 12:38 PM
Hi

There was a problem similar to this in TC3 with trains getting stuck on industries. The solution there was to turn the industry a fraction which seemed to work in most cases. e.g. The industry was placed at 180 degrees and turning it to 179.9 or 180.1 degrees cured the problem. You don't say which version you are using but it might be worth a try.

Regards

Brian

manos
July 31st, 2009, 02:10 PM
Thanks all,
Currently I'm using Trainz2006, in fact a german version of it called PTP but I don't feel confident posting in a german forum. I understand you're implying that this issue is object specific but I was wondering if there is an option someplace, either as a user-selectable option or as a parameter in some editable file to enable the user to keep their train's driving controls always operative, even when their train is stoped at passenger-enabled stations when the pull-down panel/monitor with the most significant driving parameters (throttle notch, brake pressure etc) normally gets temporarily (during the stop) hidden from the user.
manos