PDA

View Full Version : ES44AC

July 29th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Hey do any of you guys have the bnsf es44ac from sporbust. my pc will not download all the dependinces it needs and i cant find them anywhere?

Tiger313
July 29th, 2009, 10:16 AM
http://www.sporbust.com/ :cool:

July 29th, 2009, 10:28 AM
thanks but i have tried that site and every time i download it not all the dependicies download. it is making me mad!

Dermmy
July 29th, 2009, 01:37 PM
What exactly is missing? If it is the hornsound it is packed separately in a text link above the photo. If it is something else a specific request will yield an answer a lot faster than a vague rant....

TheDavidWhite
July 30th, 2009, 02:34 AM
I tried this one and found two missing dependancies. One was the hornsound mentioned by Dermmy, and the second was kuid:113556:300098 which I found was in the CP version of the loco -- so just install both the hornsound and the CP loco.

However then, when the dependencies are solved, there are two errors (for TRS2009 anyway). The first is the illegal 'icon0' tag which is easy to solve but the second is:
Error: Texture 'mesh_body/specgrey.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'BNSF ES44AC\mesh_body\mesh_body.im'which I have not worked out how to solve. This error comes for all 3 of the ES44AC from the site.

David

rweber95
July 30th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I downloaded CP ES44AC,<kuid2:113556:331114:1> then opened the loco for edit in explore and notice there is no specgrey graphic or .tex file so renamed spgray.tga to specgrey.tga and made a corresponding specgrey.texture.txt. Saved and commited but still have the error. Used PEV's mesh viewer to check how specgrey is used and see it is called out as Texture Type Specular which TS2009 doesn't allow. Ran PEV's PM2IM, saved and commited and only error now is missing T3P AC4400 TRS v1.1,<kuid2:9000:51006:1>. Downloaded and commited. Loco is ok.

Incidently, TS2009 compresses graphics file when you commit a kuid which takes more time than what a commit took in TRS2006. So I always look thru the body folder to see if there are any graphic files present that don't have a corresponding xxxx.texture.txt file. The CP ES44AC had 36 .tga files that I deleted before my last commit.

Bob

Ronstrainz
August 1st, 2009, 04:14 PM
EXCELLENT detective work :D!!

I have been beating my head against the wall for the past 2 days over this very issue with several locos by sporbust (which are very nice except for this problem) in particular his C-40s and ES-44s downloaded from WCT.

I have occasionally found other assets that would not accept a "dummy" texture to replace the missing one or an asset that reported unable to load a texture that was clearly in the folder. I guess running them through PEV's PM2IM stripped out the unnecessary file references. GREAT!!
:udrool:

SantaFebuff
August 1st, 2009, 05:47 PM
Dang. I was that stupid. I've been trying to get those locomotives to work for ages. Having all of them downloaded. I always apparently overlooked the hornsound.

Thanks, it's a tad late for me, but Qbuff will be glad to hear.

Joshua

JohnnyC1
September 17th, 2010, 02:19 PM
I know this is a old thread but I am plagued by this grey error.
I did all off the above and still get the error specgrey.texture cannot be loaded. I am using 2010 SP3.

Johnny

rweber95
September 17th, 2010, 03:32 PM
To get PEV's PM2IM to strip out non-supported TEXTURES, be sure you have strip textures checked in the Options tab.

Bob

Dermmy
September 17th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Pretty sure following Post #6 step by step should fix that issue...

Andy...

hate the simultaneous post thing - hi Bob :)

davesnow
September 17th, 2010, 04:26 PM
I downloaded CP ES44AC,<kuid2:113556:331114:1> then opened the loco for edit in explore and notice there is no specgrey graphic or .tex file so renamed spgray.tga to specgrey.tga and made a corresponding specgrey.texture.txt. Saved and commited but still have the error. Used PEV's mesh viewer to check how specgrey is used and see it is called out as Texture Type Specular which TS2009 doesn't allow. Ran PEV's PM2IM, saved and commited. . .

Bob

How exactly did you do this. . . step for step. I can't get anything to show up that says "specgrey."

JohnnyC1
September 17th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Pretty sure following Post #6 step by step should fix that issue...

Andy...

hate the simultaneous post thing - hi Bob :)

I done all of the above and the issue is not resolved.

Johnny

rweber95
September 18th, 2010, 12:41 AM
All that's need to clear the specgrey error in CP ES44AC,<kuid2:113556:331114:1> is to run the loco's mesh thru PM2IM.
Then fix the Error: The Tag 'radius.015' is not permitted within a container of type 'light_switch' in the C44 9w UP Int,<kuid:113556:300098> by editing the radius tag to add a space between the tag and the data in the light_switch container so it looks like this:
radius 0.015

Bob

JohnnyC1
September 18th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Been there, done that, and the same error persists! Oh, I fixed the radius error by removing the tag, the fixed that was mentioned did not work, the same error was returned. Thanks for the help anywat.

Johnny

davesnow
September 18th, 2010, 12:34 PM
All that's need to clear the specgrey error in CP ES44AC,<kuid2:113556:331114:1> is to run the loco's mesh thru PM2IM.
Bob

This is what I want to know how to do. I open PM2IM, theres nothing in the mesh_body folder and only the mesh_shadow.im in the mesh_shadow folder.... so HOW do I run the loco's mesh through PM2IM?

Edit: I'm talking about the BNSF ES44AC loco. . .

rweber95
September 18th, 2010, 06:22 PM
You don't open PM2IM. Follow the installation instructions for PM2IM by putting the simple PM2IM.bat file in your ...\Auran\TS2010\bin\CMPData\tool\OpenWith folder. If you don't already have the OpenWith folder, add it per the instructions in the readme.txt file that comes with PM2IM. Once you have all this set up, you can right click a .pm or .im mesh file and select Open with PM2IM.exe

Bob

davesnow
September 18th, 2010, 07:14 PM
You don't open PM2IM. Follow the installation instructions for PM2IM by putting the simple PM2IM.bat file in your ...\Auran\TS2010\bin\CMPData\tool\OpenWith folder. If you don't already have the OpenWith folder, add it per the instructions in the readme.txt file that comes with PM2IM. Once you have all this set up, you can right click a .pm or .im mesh file and select Open with PM2IM.exe

Bob

Okay, sorry for the confusion. Worked like a charm! Thanks!

Dave

jd_demars
March 12th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I would just like to thank everyone involved in this because I have been also been banging my head trying to get things going. Have several units up and running and am happier than a kid in a candy store lol.

Keep em on the high iron! Cheers.

Buttons96
March 15th, 2012, 10:10 PM
When I try to download any of the locomotives that sporbust has I always get lost trying to find the locomotives. I figured out www.sporbust.com (http://www.sporbust.com) and after that I'm lost. Just have lots of trouble finding them. Can anyone help me?

JohnnyC1
March 15th, 2012, 11:10 PM
When I try to download any of the locomotives that sporbust has I always get lost trying to find the locomotives. I figured out www.sporbust.com (http://www.sporbust.com) and after that I'm lost. Just have lots of trouble finding them. Can anyone help me?

http://esporbust.com/trs-2006-locos.html

John

jordon412
July 18th, 2012, 06:41 PM
I used Gimp and was able to create the specgrey.tga and has gotten down to one warning (or whichever has the red circle with a white X inside the circle):
"Texture 'mesh_body/specgrey.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for 'mesh_body\mesh_body.im'." The only thing I can see as the problem is that the slashes are facing the opposite way. I cannot figure out how to fix this problem so that I could get the CP ES44AC to work. If I get the CP ES44AC to work, I'll do the same as the BNSF ES44AC that I also download. I have also deleted .tga files that did not have an accompaning .txt file. Could soneone help me?

jordon412
July 19th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Hello? Anyone out there? I'd really like to have some help finding out how to resolve it.

fran1
July 19th, 2012, 05:30 PM
The specgrey texture that is missing is in the im file and you can't alter that unless you can open it. Use pev's pm to im tool and set it to strip textures. It should get rid of it.
If you use pev's mesh viewer on the im file you will see the specgray texture has a tag next to it (bump for eg, I think it's that there are only 3 allowed types and specular is not one of them).

jordon412
July 19th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Well, thanks. I have Gimp. Any idea how to do the same using Gimp? Or can someone provide me a lead in the direction I need for help on this problem.

fran1
July 19th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Well, thanks. I have Gimp. Any idea how to do the same using Gimp? Or can someone provide me a lead in the direction I need for help on this problem.

Do an internet search for pevsoft, all the tools for trainz are free and very useful.
If you go back a few posts someone tells you how to use pm to im.

Alabamanicholas
December 5th, 2012, 07:08 PM
When I look up <kuid:113556:300098> in the DLS, it keeps saying the server maximum is overloading... Can someone please help me with this? :/