PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Replace Asset

ns3220
July 2nd, 2009, 12:05 AM
Havin a problem with the replace asset feature. Basically, I'm wanting all of my track to be the TRS2009 track. Well, there is no double track feature for that track that I can find. So to lay out decent looking double track and yard tracks, I use Auran Trk 01 2Trk, then use the Replace asset to change it to TRS2009 track. It works fine. I save, but when I come back, all of the track I changed has reverted back to it's original track.

Also, when I first tried this, it said it could not do double track. So to convert it, I use the Auran Trk 01 1Trk and replace it with TRS2009.

Dermmy
July 2nd, 2009, 12:37 AM
First rule of route creation: Never ever ever use pre-made double track. Stick with parallel single tracks....

Andy :)

ns3220
July 2nd, 2009, 01:07 AM
First rule of route creation: Never ever ever use pre-made double track. Stick with parallel single tracks....

Why is that? Kinda hard to make curved double track or curved yard tracks like that.

Dermmy
July 2nd, 2009, 02:08 AM
Sorry - that was a bit cryptic, wasn't it :)

You can't 'straighten' double track.

Track objects won't attach to it.

The 'Driver' AI and signal scripts behave better in many instances if the track is laid in the direction of travel, you can obviously only lay double track in one direction.

There are many track-laying guides and templates which will enable you to quickly and easily lay parallel lengths of straight or curved track using single track...

ns3220
July 2nd, 2009, 02:58 AM
I was doing some messing around and think I can make the single track work. I know what you mean about double track not lining up with crossings. I use the track straighten quite a bit to lock down the track. Or to keep from "warping" the existing track as I add a new section. Seems to work for me.