PDA

View Full Version : C40 Trucks broken?

Approach_Medium
June 26th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Are all the C40 trucks broken?
I found 9 instances on DLS, Dl them all, but all are missing the bogies.bmp file.
Anyone know where I could find it?

Thanks

FW

Bill69
June 26th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Hi FW,

I found C40 trucks on the DLS, look for 113556:51108. I have not dowloaded them so don't know if they are broken or Ok. but they are there.

Cheers,
Bill69

P.S. Hi I just reread your post and see you have them. I have now downloaded them to have a look at them and find this.

The bogey.bmp file is not required, just delete the file 'bogey.texture.txt' and they will work.

Cheers,
Bill69

Approach_Medium
June 27th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Hi FW,

I found C40 trucks on the DLS, look for 113556:51108. I have not dowloaded them so don't know if they are broken or Ok. but they are there.

Cheers,
Bill69

P.S. Hi I just reread your post and see you have them. I have now downloaded them to have a look at them and find this.

The bogey.bmp file is not required, just delete the file 'bogey.texture.txt' and they will work.

Cheers,
Bill69
OK, I'll give that a try.
Thanks

FW

gisa
April 28th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Hi Gents,

I came across this thread by chance (in trying to do some error correcting in 2010 for sporbusts c40 trucks).

I followed Bill's advice and managed to get from 4 errors down to 1:
Error: Texture 'bogies.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh.im'.

Could one of you guys (or anyone here) give me some guidance on what to do next?

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Azervich
April 28th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Hi Gisa,

I get around some TS09 errors by modifying the .texture.txt file, just open it, delete whats it in, should look like this

Primary=something.tga
Tile=st

I delete that making the file 0 kb in size and TS09 shows no errors, it seems to give trainz a fake reading in saying it's there, lol

-Aaron

gisa
April 28th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Hmm...there is probably a specific way to go about fixing this. I will wait to see what some others say. ^^

Gisa ^^

cascaderailroad
April 28th, 2010, 04:17 PM
The tag "USA" should be "US"
Descirption should be description
I deleted the config file "texture.txt"

gisa
April 29th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Thank you everyone for trying to help me.

- I fixed up the typo in description

however there is no texture.txt file to delete.

Gisa ^^

rweber95
April 29th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Since there is no bogies.bmp texture in the kuid and the mesh needs one, use your graphics program to create a simple 16 x 16 square of any color. Save as bogies.bmp in the body folder of the kuid. Commit.

Bob

cascaderailroad
April 29th, 2010, 11:02 PM
I have run into this with freightcars also, a missing tga or bmp which is a small square image. (Example: "cementchutes"). I have oftentimes swiped one from another asset that has an image, pasted it into the desired assets file, renamed it, and recolored it with Irfanview paint dialog box. I keep a template of these common size tga images in my Pictures folder for cut & paste, and recoloring.

gisa
April 30th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Since there is no bogies.bmp texture in the kuid and the mesh needs one, use your graphics program to create a simple 16 x 16 square of any color. Save as bogies.bmp in the body folder of the kuid. Commit.

Bob

I have run into this with freightcars also, a missing tga or bmp which is a small square image. (Example: "cementchutes"). I have oftentimes swiped one from another asset that has an image, pasted it into the desired assets file, renamed it, and recolored it with Irfanview paint dialog box. I keep a template of these common size tga images in my Pictures folder for cut & paste, and recoloring.

Excellent advice gents. Would you mind if I copy and paste your advice here?

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?p=602213

It will be the first of I hope, many centralized solutions. ^^

Gisa ^^