PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something with AWS

Bista
June 12th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Hi Guys!

Having gone back to route design when I went onto 2006 I've found a bit of a problem!

When laying AWS ramps and setting AWS to work, I find that if you pass a distant signal that's ON of a MAS signal displaying double or single yellow, the AWS kicks in and brings the train to a complete stop (obviously the opposite of what happens in the real world). I can't find a cancel to the AWS in Cab Conrol to let you pass these signals as in real signal systems.

Is this just something TRAINZ can't handle or is the an AWS cancel that I can't find?????

Cheers for amy assistance

Ian Hudson
Birmingham UK

Ronstar
June 15th, 2009, 06:41 AM
I'm a little unsure about you mean is happening here...

Again, as per a previous posting about signalling I made, I don't have a good enough version of Trainz to play with all these fancy things... Firstly, to clarify, in real British AWS, if passing a ramp and the signal is green there is then a brief bell to confirm to the driver that the aspect ahead is green. For all other aspects, a horn sounds, which typically has to be acknowledged in 2-3 seconds. Failing this, full emergency braking is applied for 30 seconds, during which time it can still be cancelled. After that time, the emergency braking cannot be cancelled (the driver is 'locked out' of the system) for a further minute.

Now, when you say "the AWS kicks in", what exactly happens? Do you get the warning horn before braking? Or just a full emergency braking? If the former, then this is realistic (even for yellow and double yellow aspects), and you just need to find whatever it is that acknowledges the AWS. If the latter, then I'm guessing there's a bug somewhere...

Ronnie

Wessex_Electric_Nutter
June 16th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Hi Guys!

Having gone back to route design when I went onto 2006 I've found a bit of a problem!

When laying AWS ramps and setting AWS to work, I find that if you pass a distant signal that's ON of a MAS signal displaying double or single yellow, the AWS kicks in and brings the train to a complete stop (obviously the opposite of what happens in the real world). I can't find a cancel to the AWS in Cab Conrol to let you pass these signals as in real signal systems.

Is this just something TRAINZ can't handle or is the an AWS cancel that I can't find?????

Actualy, you get 3 seconds to cancel the horn at any situation, regardless if the signal is at danger/caution or a speed restriction. (Yes, AWS ramps are provided at "at risk" speed limits, also TSRs.) However, with TPWS enhancements, the time you get to respond is about 1.5s - or at least it is with 1125 (205033).
Obviously, if the signal is clear, you don't need to do anything at all.

To cancel, in the cab, there will be a button near the AWS cab interface unit, in Class 37 cabs, the signal is slightly to the left of the cab interface unit, look for the very shiny button. If you hover over it, it should say something like AWS cancel.
If you can't find one, because it doesn't work (like my EPB), then switch to external view and then click on the button that appears (The AWS 'sunflower' will change when you go over a ramp)
Failing that, try Alt+Spacebar, it will be listed in the keyboard.txt file somewhere (or something simliar).

HTHs