PDA

View Full Version : Been asked a 1000 times before no doubt

ad602000
June 11th, 2009, 04:17 AM
I have rerad the manual tried searches found that in track mode you can name junctions, tried pressing "n" in track mode but it doent work or I cant figure out how to select the junction I want to name. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

cheers
pete
p.s. 2004

Tanvaras
June 11th, 2009, 04:40 AM
In Ts09 I go into trackside mode section and use the ? button too rename them. not sure if TS04 is the same or not as I dont have that version.

Cheers

Trent

June 11th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Yea same in all versions. Is just like putting in loco numbers.

ad602000
June 11th, 2009, 05:55 PM
thanks guys, second question, is there a way to globally change track type in 04 or does it have to be re laid again

cheers
pete

seeseeme
June 11th, 2009, 06:16 PM
thanks guys, second question, is there a way to globally change track type in 04 or does it have to be re laid again

cheers
pete
Hi Pete, you can do this with TrainzObjectz very easily. I am not 100% but some have said that the connecting tracks to Industries may not work, but overall it can be done.

Once you have TO running, select the tab for Maps, and then from the drop down menu select your layout. Once it is finally show find the track you wish to replace, highlight it. Then Right Click and from the menu select Replace (whatever it says) you will eventually see a pop up saying to replace the item press F7 or F8 to delete the track. When you select OK (I am rusty on these names) it will take you to the list of Track/Trackside items. Find the track you now want to use and press F7. TO will then replace all the track and a little window opens tell you how many items have been replaced.

I would check on the Industry parts to make sure they are connected properly as well.

Email or PM me if your having problems.

Craig
:):):)

Euphod
June 11th, 2009, 08:27 PM
If I recall correctly you also have the opportunity to rename a junction right after it is installed, otherwise the program will name it for you.

June 11th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Trainzmap does it to, And with industries you just delete the connecting track and re-lay it, it should change to the new track.

ad602000
June 12th, 2009, 03:20 AM
thanks guys