PDA

View Full Version : Help please?

PhilChorusch
June 9th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Hello to all:cool: I love these forums:) Anyway, I just wanted to ask how can I build a route in Trainz please? Are there tutorials or a route building guide like MSTS has?

Best Regards, Phil

transitguard
June 9th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Welcome to the forums!

First of all. What version of Trainz do you have. There are some versions that don't allow route building, like Trainz2006 Driver edition.

If you you have Trainz2006 full, then go to the surveyor option on the game screen and select "create new".

Hope this helps.

PhilChorusch
June 9th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Hi transitguard,

Would it hurt to say that I have 3 full versions of Trainz?:hehe: Anyway, I have TRS2004, TRS2006 & Trainz Ultimate but I like using TRS2006:cool: because I'm waiting on rjord1 to release his great Cityrail project:D I can create new routes in all versions I have but I need to know is there a track laying tutorial or something that will help guide me building a layout or route please?

Best Regards, Phil

sparky15
June 9th, 2009, 02:03 PM
http://www.virtualrailroader.com

There are a lot of good basic tutorials here. Have a dig through the reading room and their news letters. Some pretty good stuff.

Dave..

PhilChorusch
June 9th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks Dave,

Those tutorial will be of great use:D Now all I need to know is which one will help me put dem data in for the routes terrain:hehe: and is there any way of using markers from Google Earth to follow for track laying please?

Best Regards, Phil

Dermmy
June 9th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Freeware: Hand Of God (HOG), tute available here (http://freepages.misc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~wewain/trainz/Surveyor/Baseboard/Topology/TerrainGeneration/Computer-generatedTerrain.htm). Best used for USA routes because some of the data required is not available anywhere else. Tute was written for TRS04, most changes needed are intuative, plenty of help on the forum when you get stuck.

Payware: TransDem, works for anywhere on Earth and any Trainz version above 04. Have a look in the payware forum where there are a couple of excellent threads. Not overly expensive and IMHO worth every sou...

Andy ;)

PhilChorusch
June 9th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Thanks Andy:) I greatly appreciate it:cool:

Best Regards, Phil

S301
June 9th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Hi Phil
As has already been said, you use surveyor. This is a much simpler to use route/layout building system to MSTS ;) And will allow you to build much further much quicker, as a beginner :)

If you want DEM made routes, your best bet is either use the above mentioned programs, or ask around to see if anyone has done a DEM for the area you want.

Oh yes, and you might find content creation a bit difficult, we use GMax and not TSM ;) Then again, we have a wonderful community here that will be more than willing to give you a hand with creating things, so long as your prepared to listen :) :) :)

Welcome to the life taker, Trainz :) Say goodbye to all loved ones, and hello to Trainz...

Zec

PhilChorusch
June 11th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Hi Zec,:wave:

I honestly find that Trainz is a lot harder to build routes than MSTS, but I better not judge Trainz yet as there are great Australian routes that I really wished they were in MSTS including some of the scenery objects, trains etc.:cool:

Just a question about MicroDEM is this software freeware? Or do I need to buy a product key to unlock it's features like DEMEX?

I happen to know that Trainz uses Gmax;) but I don't entend to create any content until I learn more on 3d modelling with TSM and yes I will be prepared to listen to any advice given to me:cool: :)

I don't think I be saying goodbye to MSTS:) because I don't want to loose all the great add ons I have downloaded or created nor will I be saying goodbye to BVE as I love the Eastern Suburbs railway add on I will only say goodbye to BVE if the Eastern Suburbs railway was made for both MSTS and Trainz;) that would be great to see:cool: :)

Best Regards, Phil

PhilChorusch
June 11th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Hi Zec,:wave:

I honestly find that Trainz is a lot harder to build routes than MSTS, but I better not judge Trainz yet as there are great Australian routes that I really wished they were in MSTS including some of the scenery objects, trains etc.:cool:

Just a question about MicroDEM is this software freeware? Or do I need to buy a product key to unlock it's features like DEMEX?

I happen to know that Trainz uses Gmax;) but I don't entend to create any content until I learn more on 3d modelling with TSM and yes I will be prepared to listen to any advice given to me:cool: :)

I don't think I be saying goodbye to MSTS:) because I don't want to loose all the great add ons I have downloaded or created nor will I be saying goodbye to BVE as I love the Eastern Suburbs railway add on I will only say goodbye to BVE if the Eastern Suburbs railway was made for both MSTS and Trainz;) that would be great to see:cool: :)

Best Regards, Phil