PDA

View Full Version : Creating "static" railcars

csxwilsmere
June 7th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Hello all,

I am in the process of building a route and would like to use some railcars in the route, but they need to be static (like an object). How would one turn a railcar into a static object?

Thanks in advance,
Don

Dap
June 7th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Do these cars need to be on tracks or will they be setting in the weeds?

johnwhelan
June 8th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Hello all,

I am in the process of building a route and would like to use some railcars in the route, but they need to be static (like an object). How would one turn a railcar into a static object?

Thanks in advance,
Don

The difficulty is the bogeys. If you can manage without bogeys making a static object is just a matter of changing the config.txt file. Also invisible track has been used in the past to do this.

Contacting the creator may help they may be able to create something for you fairly easily. It would be nice to have a few static bogeys for placing under static wagons etc.

Cheerio John

Euphod
June 8th, 2009, 08:18 AM
There are splines of railcars available that are to be placed on existing track, I'm not so sure about single cars though...

john259
June 8th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Just a thought, might the Train.EnablePhysics() GameScript function be relevant?

John

csxwilsmere
June 8th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Do these cars need to be on tracks or will they be setting in the weeds?

They need to be on tracks.

john259
June 8th, 2009, 10:44 AM
They need to be on tracks.
Dumb question: unless performance is critical, why not just place a few normal wagons without a loco where you want them?

John

csxwilsmere
June 8th, 2009, 03:00 PM
The cars do not stay saved with the route... They need to be there all the time. If that makes sense.

Euphod
June 8th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Have a look here:

http://www.protrainz.com/cm/thumbnails.php?album=3

For splines. They are scenery splines of different rail cars, and cannot be hooked up to anything. They are great for populating yards.

csxwilsmere
June 8th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Have a look here:
http://www.protrainz.com/cm/thumbnails.php?album=3
For splines. They are scenery splines of different rail cars, and cannot be hooked up to anything. They are great for populating yards.

Nevermind, I just realized to check the download station and found exactly what I was looking for.\

Thanks to everyone for the help though.

rweber95
June 8th, 2009, 09:48 PM
There are splines of railcars available that are to be placed on existing track, I'm not so sure about single cars though...
I used to have railcar splines but can no longer find them. Does anyone know who made them for have a kuid number or two?

Bob