PDA

View Full Version : How to make water deeper

mity22
June 5th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Hi guys Im planning A layout that includes a large amount of see with boats, but ide like to make the water very deep for more affect. Is there a easy way to this ive tried using the land down icon but it takes so long to have any result any ideas welcome thanks.

stagecoach
June 5th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Use the drop land then use the flat land tool (on the right) open the radius larger, start from the lowest point and left click, now drag mouse around and all the ground will level at that point. You could also use the advance tab at the bottom and set the depth, then again drag mouse.

Euphod
June 5th, 2009, 05:41 PM
You didn't mention the version of Trainz you are using, and therefore run the risk of actually making your deepest water appear shallow if you are depending for actual ground height for the effect. You could possibly "out deep" your ground texture drawing distance.

I would recommend using textures to simulate depth, ie: dark for deep water, lighter for more shallow water. It's less work and the results will be the same.

mity22
June 5th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Hi im using trainz2006 I did notice that when i use height down it looks shallow?

mity22
June 8th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Well ive done some more work ive added some deeper water by darkering the water ive also made the land deeper further from land. Its going to be good im making an atlantic ocean size water and planning to make boats go between my two country sections thanks for the tips phil

Euphod
June 8th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I look forward to seeing it when you post some screens!:)