PDA

View Full Version : Puzzled re an uploading procedure-doesn't make sense

rjhowie
June 1st, 2009, 10:14 PM
At long last i am taking the plubge to see about up[loading my first route which is a giant city tramway.

I have a tutorial by World Of Trainz which takes you through how to add a description picture for an asset (in this case my route) for uploading. Right from the start it tells me to right click the asset in CMP (so I right click my route) and select "Edit" and then "Open in Explorer" - only there isn't any "Open in Explorer". All I see is Edit In Explorer and that takes me to my own general Folders that have nothing to do with Trainz so what am I doing wrong here?!

pware
June 2nd, 2009, 05:58 AM
What version of Trainz are you using?

Edit in Explorer on my machine (in both Trainz 2006 and 2009) opens the selected asset from the Trainz database and displays its contents as a normal windows folder - it should show files like (for a route) ...

config.txt
mapfile.bmk
mapfile.gnd
mapfile.obs

... and perhaps a few others.

If your folder is showing these then everything is working exactly as it should.

angelah
June 2nd, 2009, 06:28 AM
As I understand this, cmp is asking you to locate a picture (description picture) to add to the uploadable file. This is not your route.
You need to a screenshot that has been resized to 180 x 240 with a suitable name and saved as a jpg.
This is the asset it is asking for I think. However, as you are using cmp I may be wrong because I work only with 04.

If so I am sure somebody will pop on with advice. But they will need to know which version of Trainz your are operating, it makes a difference I think.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Angela

rjhowie
June 2nd, 2009, 04:17 PM
I am using TRS2006 and the World If Trainz info was for that too. It was my understanding these were notes to put with a route but may be wrong. I do need to be aware of the process of getting a pic going. So any practical step by step would be appreciated.