PDA

View Full Version : Terminus station

rcaptain17
May 27th, 2009, 07:58 AM
does anyone know with the terminus station, How you can put an interactive platform inside it. So you can drive trains to it so it can load / unload passsengers. As it look's so much like Southern cross ( Old spencer St) in Melb) and I want to use it in a layout.

each time I try putting an iinteractive platform inside under the shelter it doesn't line up over the track's that come with the terminus station. Any ideas greatfully welcomed.

sterrett
May 27th, 2009, 08:19 AM
It's quite difficult to align interactive platforms, but not entirely impossible! Look for AJS Stations - the easiest to align are the AJS Station 50S and AJS Station 100S (the 50 and 100 mean length, the "S" means straight - the "ti" and "tx" stations are inner radius and outer radius curves) .

As an alternative, I just placed a Trackmark on each platform and named them "Pfm1" "Pfm2" etc and used the following commands:

Drive To (Navigate to) Pfm1
Load Passengers - Open Left - 2 minutes
Terminate Passenger Train
Run Round Train (if you have placed points/switches before the track ends to enable locomotives to decouple and run round)
Load Passengers - Open Left - 2 minutes
Hornz
Drive To (Navigate To) Bishop Street - Platform 1

Or, if you start with a train already standing at the station:

Load Passengers - Left (or Right according to platform and train direction orientation)
Play Sound - Guards Whistle
Hornz
Drive To (Navigate To) Bishop Street

The "Drive To" or "Navigate To" command is built in to all Trainz Versions and the "Run Round Train" command is built in to TRS2004 and above.

"Terminate Passenger Train" which empties the carriages (coaches), "Load Passengers" and "Hornz" are available on the DLS for TRS2004 and above.

Play Sound and the Guards Whistle I downloaded from the DLS a while back - it's quite fun!

NB - The AJS Stations may cause unexpected results in TS2009 with certain locomotives and rolling stock combinations, (something to do with scripting), but that is being looked at.

Good Luck with your hobby!

stagecoach
May 27th, 2009, 11:09 AM
If you attach track to the station ones do they alter to match? If so use invisible track and attach, this will make them invisible. Alternative is to open the config and remove the track kuid.

sterrett
May 27th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Alternative is to open the config and remove the track kuid.What a great idea! I would never have thought of that!

Of course, if you wanted to, you could clone the Terminus first so that you keep the original as the creator intended and just use your clone for experimentation!