PDA

View Full Version : Raising boards to match

ssteere
May 23rd, 2009, 09:45 PM
when one merges 2 layouts together is their a way of land leveling and matching without disturbibg the content of either layout
Shane

R701Rusty
May 23rd, 2009, 11:02 PM
Hi Shane,
If the two routes were created by the same person and meant to be merged then there should be no need to raise either to make a good join, but generally if the two routes are unrelated then it is unusual to be able to merge them without some disruption. Merging routes has been extensively covered previously and a search will bring plenty of helpful advice if you need it.

Cheers
Russell.

rroby
May 24th, 2009, 06:09 AM
You'll need to add a board or two (maybe more if the height difference is really big) between them. Connect up the track and adjust the height of the surrounding ground to achieve a some what smooth transition.

Euphod
May 24th, 2009, 08:19 AM
It is my understanding that the only way to raise an entire baseboard, for the purposes you outline, is to use a third party program.

ssteere
May 24th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks all,
They are all good ideas and well the best is adding a "transition" board/s in between them
Shane

teddytoot
May 25th, 2009, 05:14 AM
It is my understanding that the only way to raise an entire baseboard, for the purposes you outline, is to use a third party program.
Ed, what third party program have you in mind?

Shortline2
May 25th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Hi teddytoot,

I believe he thinks about TransDEM, as that program as the ability to raise a whole route - or lower it if that is needed.

But, I leave that up to Ed to fully comment on, don't want to lower my chances of ever avoiding Ed if I enters the area where he lives in the future... ;) LOL

Best wishes

Linda