PDA

View Full Version : Missing points

DESDICHATO
May 20th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Hi Guys,

I am new to 2009 and recently I downloaded the Paddington to Bristol series of routes, however whilst almost everything came across no points came with the download, the junctions were there but no levels or point motors, I have tried putting point motors in but they don't work.

Has anyone any ideas.

Thanks

P

Tiger313
May 20th, 2009, 04:35 AM
Ouch, that could be a lot of work! Have you checked the map for missing dependencies? Maybe they used a specific point motor that's not on the DLS? (Just asking, I'm not familiar with the routes myself.)

ssteere
May 20th, 2009, 06:40 AM
2009 is sometimes incompatable with some older routes and the content that if the content fails to show you may get such things as Auran Track in place of a road that wouldn't work or the invisible track used to layaccross hill sides to give them a flowing decent will be replaced by track so your hill sides may have tracks running all over them. Am i vauge enough for you. 2009 is trying hard to substitute and when it cant .... dogh! I am learning all the time with it but i am committed to it. i have created about 6 unpublished layouts , all half complete and quite large. i get to a point when suddenly i have used an incompatable or defective peice of content that should have been used as fire wood when adam was a boy, and the whole thing has to be put aside as i just cannot find the problemor undo it. i await as the gods of train track figure out that the DLS cannot house new and old and needs to be weeded out.Bigtime.