PDA

View Full Version : What keypress was that?

Jananton
May 11th, 2009, 03:21 AM
Hi All,

I seem to remember there was a key one could hold down when connecting track splines, so that the track to connect to doesn't change in the type you're laying. But, I forgot wich one:o , any takers? (trs2006 btw)

Greetings from sunny Amsterdam,

Jan

AJ_Fox
May 11th, 2009, 03:59 AM
The "Shift" key maybe?

Cheers

AJ

Jerker
May 11th, 2009, 05:07 AM
G'day Jananton,

Indeed, the [SHIFT] key it certainly is...

Jerker {:)}

Jananton
May 11th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Thanks for your reactions, but no. The shift key prevents the track splines to join. Handy for laying track paralel and such. What I meant is, when one type of track is layed and you attach another type, in most cases the layed one changes to the type you attach. I seem to remember there was a way to prevent this, but my mind draws a blank on how to at the moment.:) Maybe it's something in the surveyor settings instead of a key. Hmmm

Jan

rjhowie
May 11th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Not to sidetrack you too much you being from a sunny Amsterdam but I have been there twice and had a marvellous time not just in the museums but the excellent tramway system that I spend hours running about on. Did Apeldorn and the Het Loo Palace as it has a special interest to me.

Greetings from a sunny Glasgow today!

slave-driver
May 11th, 2009, 01:38 PM
That's in the config for the track. I can't remember right off hand which line it is but one in there determines weather the track you place adopts the neighboring track type or not.

Bill

Jananton
May 11th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Hi Bill,

That's in the config for the track. I can't remember right off hand which line it is but one in there determines weather the track you place adopts the neighboring track type or not.

Bill

I know the one you mean, but that isn't it either. It was a kind of trick or shortcut that I've used in the past. I think I even read about it first on one of these subforums, but I can't find it anymore. I of course should have written it down, but if I did do that about a year ago, I can't remember where either:hehe:.
Thanks for your reply and maybe someone out of the blue comes up with the solution, or my memory kicks in again.:D

Greetings from nighttime Amsterdam,

Jan

Krupa
May 11th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Jan,

I did a bit of searching and found this thread. I hope it is of some help.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=23302&highlight=track+joining

Regards, Les.

Euphod
May 11th, 2009, 11:39 PM
What you are thinking of concerns a line in the config file of the track that determines whether the track will change or not.

paulzmay
May 11th, 2009, 11:56 PM
I take it you have an industry, bridge or crossing that insists on changing it's track type to the kind you're connecting, but you don't want it to? Best way to avoid this is to connect a short length of the object's current track to the other end temporarily. This will prevent update when you attach your track to the first end. You can then delete the temporary piece, and attach whatever you like to that end.

Hope this makes sense - I don'r recall a keystroke...

Paul

Jananton
May 12th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Hi Paul,

Well, it must have been something like you describe probably. Strange how the mind can insist on a notion from memory while it doesn't seem to exist in reality.;)
Anyhow, thanks all for your thoughts on this, I'll muddle on like before.:cool:

Jan