PDA

View Full Version : Uploading to DLS

Bill69
May 10th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I am getting rather tired of trying to upload some coaches to the dls. They are getting rejected with the following message

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn39/Bill69_photos/email.jpg

But if I extract them from the cpd file this is what I get on the second window.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn39/Bill69_photos/extract.jpg

Can anyone tell me why the upload center is not recognising the picture?

paulzmay
May 11th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Firstly what version is your content for, and how is it being uploaded? If I understand right, TRS06 and upwards need a thumbnail tag in the config file, in addition to the screenshot file being in the folder.

Paul

johnwhelan
May 11th, 2009, 07:25 AM
email it to me jwhelan0112 gmail.com and I'll take a look. The uploading process hasn't been working as smoothly as it could do recently.

Thanks John

Bill69
May 11th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Hi Paul,

This content is for 2004 although it does work in 2006 as well, the build number is 2.4. It has the thumbnail in the config file both for the 240 x 180 view and for the icon view. I am getting utterly frustrated as I have not had any problems uploading before.

Thanks,
BIll69

Hi John,

Many thanks for your kind offer, I will email it to you to see if you have any better luck.

Thanks,
Bill69

paulzmay
May 11th, 2009, 05:17 PM
If you are uploading using content dispatcher for '04, you don't need the thumbnail tag. I seem to remember motorman1066 getting to the bottom of this a while ago. If you use a thumbnail tag, and use CD to attach a thumbnail to the CDP, the DLS software can get very confused and lose both. This used to result in grey thumbnails, but is obviously now being rejected. Try it without the thumbnail tag.

Hope this helps...

Paul

Bill69
May 12th, 2009, 03:03 AM
If you are uploading using content dispatcher for '04, you don't need the thumbnail tag. I seem to remember motorman1066 getting to the bottom of this a while ago. If you use a thumbnail tag, and use CD to attach a thumbnail to the CDP, the DLS software can get very confused and lose both. This used to result in grey thumbnails, but is obviously now being rejected. Try it without the thumbnail tag.

Hope this helps...

Paul

Hi Paul,

John has had a look over the item and has spotted two thumbnail tags in the config, I will remove the second one and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for your suggestions and help,

Cheers,
Bill69