PDA

View Full Version : Cosnist Creation/Overhead Lines

poppins122325
May 4th, 2009, 08:29 AM
hi all

been wondering about this for a while
how do you make a consis that you can save so you can use it anytime in any route

and another working on a new route and would like to know if there is suitable catenery for razorback rail's M and S set passenger units.

Thanks again.
Nathan

ex-railwayman
May 4th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Hello, may I suggest that firstly, you download the yard by corsair67 from the DLS, this is just a bog standard untextured 5 baseboard yard that I always utilise for putting my consists on from all around the world. Secondly, when you have made up a train consist, freight or passenger, in surveyor click on F7 or your locos section and click on the big right hand button at the top, called Train consist C, then click on the button far left at the bottom - it looks like a spanner - which says Get consist G, then click on your train and a box will appear which lets you name your train, then click OK and it saves it for you FOREVER, until you want to delete it.....You can also put a locomotive on the front and don't forget the end of train device on your last wagon, unless, it's built-in like some of your Aussie Grain hoppers. Don't do loads and loads of these as it takes time for the list to be rebuilt everytime you open your Trainz version, I have about 80 consists and it takes ages for surveyor to open.....

Sorry, can't help you really with your 2nd question.....

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

paulzmay
May 4th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Note that the consist data is held in a file called surveyorconsists.txt (at least in TRS04) in the settings subdirectory or your Trainz install. This would allow you to back-up or swap between alternate sets of saved consists...

Paul