PDA

View Full Version : Newbie.. needs some help !

MXPT17
May 3rd, 2009, 08:38 PM
Hey guys i am just new to all of this and thus far i have most of the basic stuff working.
I have made a working level crossing the gates operate as they should when the train approches and leaves the crossing i just can't get the road/traffic to work.

I have tried a number of ways to get traffic to stop on the road using traffic stoppers at the level crossing but am having no joy with traffic stoppers invisiable road etc etc.

is there a tutorial on road... i know there is one for level crossing but i have yet to see one that deals with the road passing through a level crossing.

any help would be great :)

Euphod
May 3rd, 2009, 08:59 PM
Have you connected both the tracks AND the roads to the spline points?

MXPT17
May 4th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Have you connected both the tracks AND the roads to the spline points?

I have tried to connect a 2L highway to the crossing spline points and placed traffic stopppers between the spline points on the road.

also tried to use invisiable road ... still the traffic does not stop when the crossing gates come down.

:confused:

Euphod
May 4th, 2009, 12:50 PM
What version of Trainz are you using? What are the kuid's of the crossing, the highway, and the invisible road? If you provide that information, I shall test them myself, and post the results.

MXPT17
May 4th, 2009, 02:21 PM
What version of Trainz are you using? What are the kuid's of the crossing, the highway, and the invisible road? If you provide that information, I shall test them myself, and post the results.

Got it working... you had it right in your first reply !
I was not connected to the crossing i thought i was but really i had managed to connect to a small piece of invisiable road.

everything seems to be working now.

thanks very much for taking the time to help :)

Euphod
May 4th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Glad to see you have it working.:)