PDA

View Full Version : Spline problems?

Approach_Medium
May 2nd, 2009, 08:28 AM
Hello;
I have had a strange issue while working in Surveyor in TS2009-SP1+patches, and wondering if anyone else has this problem.

First off, this route is Transdem generated.

When I placed a new track vertex point where there was no other track, a junction suddenly appeared. This junction was proper, not just red as sometimes they appear if not properly placed.
While there were other tracks nearby, and a junction at another point on the same track I inserted the vertex point, I could not see why a new junction was placed.

When I removed the new vertex (TS allowed me to do so), the junction disappeared, and when I re-placed the vertex, no junction appeared.

I am wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that my route is Transdem generated.

Any ideas?

Thanks

FW

Euphod
May 2nd, 2009, 08:39 AM
I don't think it happened because of the TransDem, I think 2009 is just still "chock full o' bugs"!

Approach_Medium
May 2nd, 2009, 12:58 PM
I don't think the "bugs" are so bad anymore. SP1 seems to have fixed most of the big ones, then the two patches after that helped some more.

This spline thing only happens to me when I'm working in an area with a lot of track and switches. I also want to see whether it is specific to the track I am using, which is not a built-in asset.

FW

JCitron
May 3rd, 2009, 09:41 PM
I don't think the "bugs" are so bad anymore. SP1 seems to have fixed most of the big ones, then the two patches after that helped some more.

This spline thing only happens to me when I'm working in an area with a lot of track and switches. I also want to see whether it is specific to the track I am using, which is not a built-in asset.

FW

I believe this has already been reported in the TrainzDev forums. I had the same problem myself when placing and replacing junctions after I retracked an old route I imported. I reported and the dev team took note of the issue. I'm not sure if the problem has been resolved in the latest, not released, build yet.

John

stagecoach
May 4th, 2009, 02:51 AM
This has been a thing from old days. A junction has not been created but the lever has moved from the junction it was with. Once track has been laid and signals and levers placed in position its fine, but add a new point and those on that bit of track tend to move from the original position. Check back along your piece of track and you will find a junction with a missing lever.