PDA

View Full Version : NSW Southern branch Lines research

nbrettoner
April 21st, 2009, 07:32 AM
Hi all,

Does anyone have a copy of the following document, by State Rail Authority of NSW (dated 1992; author JH Forsyth):-

Archives section
Vol 3B
Southern Branch lines

I urgently need a copy of certain pages missing from the copy sent to me.
As Craig Carr (Seeseeme) & I are very soon doing a route inspection of the old Narrandera_Tocumwal Branch line, it's imperative I get these asap.

If anyone can assist please either email or IM me. :wave:

Many thanks,

nbrettoner
April 23rd, 2009, 11:24 PM
Is anybody able to assist with this please?. It's now 'urgent'
:)

PGibbons
April 23rd, 2009, 11:39 PM
Noel - dont forget derico should have copies of the station infrastructure plans and may have some additional line information to help.

Looking forward to another Southern NSW route.
PG

nbrettoner
April 24th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Hi Peter,

I've had a chat with Dennis, but unfortunately he doesn't have this document. In the past Dennis has been of great assistance to Craig & I; providing several yard diagrams for various sites along the branch line.

As I will be leaving here early Wed 6th May, & our 'inspection' starts Sat 9th May & should end by Thurs 14th May, it's all happening 'real soon'. :)
I intend being back home in Coffs harbour by Thurs 21st May.
Then the 'real' route work steps up a couple of notches, & we'll be into it.
Craig (lives in Bega NSW) & I have been researching & working on our little project for over five years now. And have had some amazing remarkable most generous assistance from several people, both within & outside the Trainz Community.

We may start a thread on our project very soon, so people can read about it & follow progress etc. Also, so they might consider being involved in it, in some way. :wave:

Thanks Peter for your valued input & interest too.

DeRiCo
April 24th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Hi Noel

Sorry to report that the requests I sent out to some of my rail buddies has not resulted in any helpful replies.

Dennis

nbrettoner
April 24th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Hi Noel

Sorry to report that the requests I sent out to some of my rail buddies has not resulted in any helpful replies.

Dennis

G'day Dennis,

Many thanks for doing that for me.
I've spoken to David (ARHS) in Sydney, & he'll dig it out & scan the pages & email them to me. He hopes to be able to get that done before I leave here Wed 6th May.

How did the rally go?:)

PGibbons
April 24th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Noel
I meant to add that I have TransDEM and would be willing to create the basic files from DEM maps/Google Earth if you need any assistance with this aspect.

I used this method to create all of the Hay & Griffith branch routes and it makes the route building much more productive.
PG

DeRiCo
April 25th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Hi Noel

The rally was good although it was a bit wet and windy.

Fort Scratchley was worth the guided tour of the gunnery tunnels.

Dennis