PDA

View Full Version : Help

steven4melissa
March 19th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Hi everyone,,

Hope all is well. Now im new at this thing and very very lost. I have purchased trainz09 via download from site. Problem is that i have downloaded the game the 2.5gig+ game and when it comes to install i get corrupt file download fresh copy. I have done this three times on on my PC with Microsoft XP and my laptop Vista. Has anyone got any idea how i could get out of this problem.

Please help

Euphod
March 19th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Is there some antivirus program working at odds with your downloading? Are you using a manager? Is the completed download the same size as the file indicates?

bchester
March 19th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Are you using a download manager or just IE/firefox to do the download. Because of the large file size, a download manager is almost manditory. Try the one mentioned in the instructions for the download - it worked great for me.

Bricey

steven4melissa
March 19th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Thankyou for your advise guys

R707
March 19th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Hi everyone,,

Hope all is well. Now im new at this thing and very very lost. I have purchased trainz09 via download from site. Problem is that i have downloaded the game the 2.5gig+ game and when it comes to install i get corrupt file download fresh copy. I have done this three times on on my PC with Microsoft XP and my laptop Vista. Has anyone got any idea how i could get out of this problem.

Please help

If you find a file that is corrupt, then why not try what worked for me, with exactly the same problem.

Yes, I downloaded the files many times, and just used up bandwidth.

What worked, in my case, was to use WINRar or Squeeze to actually repair the damaged file.

Guess what.....it did repair the damaged compressed file, and allowed me to carry on installing.

I find it strange that so many people are having this problem, the problem surely could not be so many computers. I have no idea where the corrupt file originated its quirky error.

And, yes, I now also use, and did use then, the free download manager that Auran suggested. That works well now on any download. I also used it for the file you mentioned. Of course it did not have any effect on the file that was corrupted.

Give it a go, please. By the way, if you do a search for your problem, you will find many instances throughout the forum. Sometimes, a search is far quicker than waiting for someone to come along with the answer, when it is right there after a search.

Pete :wave: