PDA

View Full Version : Passing Signal at Danger

jpereira
March 18th, 2009, 06:48 AM
How to avoid consists "Signal Passed at Danger" while we are "driving" in AI mode ?

Thanks .

Dermmy
March 18th, 2009, 01:49 PM
I assume you are not using TRS09 where this issue is reported to be addressed. In TRS06 try one or more of Whitepass' AI_Brakes (on the DLS here (http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=108700)) in the AI consists.

In TRS04 and earlier the AI brake derails in some circumstances so you are stuck with the SPAD thing....

Andy :)

jpereira
March 19th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Thanks for the answer.

I forgot to say wich Trainz I'm using (Trainz 2006 with SP1).

The rules you said are about breaking between locomotives.
But your idea is that it is possible to use between a loco and a signal? So I'll put this rule just before the signal?

Cheers, jpereira

john259
March 19th, 2009, 05:05 AM
There are a lot of factors here, including:
The gradient of the track.
The mass of the train.
The type of locomotive(s).
The speed of the train when it comes within range of the signal.
Whether the signal was red before the train came within range of it, or it was changed to red as the train approached it.
The positions and states of other signals ahead of the relevant signal.
Whether the train is under program control, user DCC control, or user CAB control.

In some circumstances it is realistic that a train cannot stop, although in that case it should of course continue to make every effort to do so, and not resume full speed as if nothing had happened.

John

jpereira
March 19th, 2009, 05:21 AM
The gradient of the track - 0.
The mass of the train - a few tons, sometimes is olny the loco.
The type of locomotive(s) - usually, diesel ones.
The speed of the train when it comes within range of the signal - sometime no more than 10 kms/h.
Whether the signal was red before the train came within range of it, or it was changed to red as the train approached it - the signal is red because tha line has only one track, this train should wait until the other pass.
The positions and states of other signals ahead of the relevant signal- see above.
Whether the train is under program control, user DCC control, or user CAB control - is under program control (AI).

thanks. jp

john259
March 19th, 2009, 06:28 AM
In that situation, unless there are any unusual parameters, I think it is reasonable to have expected it to stop. Apart from the obvious possibility of it being a bug, perhaps someone else can suggest a solution?

John

JCitron
March 19th, 2009, 10:33 AM
This was also somewhat of a bug in TRS2006. I found that the AI drivers would sometimes "jump" through a red instead of stopping, yet other times they would do as instructed. This problem on flat routes seemed to occurr in locations where there are lots of junctions and signals where the AI has to control the points to move along.

The problem seems to be solved in Trainz Classics and above where the code for AI driving has been changed.

John

ldowns
March 19th, 2009, 03:53 PM
This was also somewhat of a bug in TRS2006. I found that the AI drivers would sometimes "jump" through a red instead of stopping, yet other times they would do as instructed. This problem on flat routes seemed to occurr in locations where there are lots of junctions and signals where the AI has to control the points to move along.

The problem seems to be solved in Trainz Classics and above where the code for AI driving has been changed.

John

I've seen cases in TRS2006 where a train sitting at a red signal for a long time would momentarily get a yellow signal, which then immediately changed back to red, and the train would start to move, then stop. This would keep repeating over time until finally the train was past the signal, triggering a SPAD.

--Lamont

jpereira
March 20th, 2009, 04:52 AM
thanks a lot, guys.

Euphod
March 20th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Whitepass' AI_Brakes (on the DLS here (http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=108700)) in the AI consists.

Just to clear it up for the OP: the AI_Brakes is not a rule, it is an additional invisible piece of rolling stock that just adds braking power to the AI consist.

JCitron
March 20th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I've seen cases in TRS2006 where a train sitting at a red signal for a long time would momentarily get a yellow signal, which then immediately changed back to red, and the train would start to move, then stop. This would keep repeating over time until finally the train was past the signal, triggering a SPAD.

--Lamont

Hi Lamont,

I've seen this before and the problem was caused by a misplaced signal, or one that was missing. The misplaced signal was on the "wrong" side of a junction. By moving the signal to the crrect position, the problem went away.

Whenever I place junctions and signals, I then test the section with some rolling stock. If the signals work logically (not necessarily prototypically), then the section is okay and I move on. Remember with the AI drivers, what looks to be prototypical is not what always works.

John

jpereira
March 23rd, 2009, 04:57 AM
Wich side did you put the signal?

Can you make a simple draw or ilustrate?
thanks.

john259
March 23rd, 2009, 06:28 AM
My understanding is that the order of items at junctions must be as follows:

------Signal--------Lever---------Spline Point======

If a train has to enter the junction from the LEFT or RIGHT fork, stop in BACK, and then reverse out of the opposite LEFT or RIGHT fork, then the distance from the spline point to the signal must be sufficient to accomodate the train.

John

dougtrain
March 23rd, 2009, 07:32 AM
Hi guys - another option to consider perhaps is increasing the stopping distance in trainsoptions. I had the same problem and changed the default 500 to 800 and it worked.
Regards Doug

jpereira
March 23rd, 2009, 07:40 AM
Hi guys - another option to consider perhaps is increasing the stopping distance in trainsoptions. I had the same problem and changed the default 500 to 800 and it worked.
Regards Doug

Where can I find these trainoptions? In the oppening trainz window or is it a specific config file?

Dermmy
March 23rd, 2009, 02:19 PM
Up to TRS06 and I believe TC you want C:\ProgramFiles\Auran\TRS(version)\trainzoptions.t xt I believe TRS2009 has a similar but different file name.

Open it with Notepad and enter the line

-autopilotsignaldistance=1000

The value '1000' is your choice, it is the distance (in meters) at which the AI will 'see' and start to react to signals. 1000 meters works on my modern high speed Clovis Sub, lesser distances will work for older/slower trains. IIRC the default is 500

Andy :)

jpereira
March 24th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Thanks Andy !!!!

alucardvamp
April 22nd, 2009, 01:40 PM
I had the same problem here. It seems to be a wild-card error. If i watch him from the word GO, he won't do it, but if i'm in another loco he will do it and then restart his schedule. It seems to happen at random when my session loads. Sometimes he does it, other times he won't. But the main thing that i was concerned about was wether he continued to do what i told him to in his pre-set orders, and he does after the restart, so i tend to ignore this error because i know whats going on and that everything will still work okay.

jpereira
April 23rd, 2009, 03:52 AM
Yes ! Bur sometime is not ok because and when I have a 1x track and a consist must wait until the other cross it. the first one should / ought to wait at red signal, but sometimes it won´t ...:( , other times with the locomotive or not, it wait.
I agree that is a random behaviour.
this problem shoulb be solved on 2006 because it happens with 2004.
Weel, it seems that the problem was solved in 2009, I hope.

Euphod
April 23rd, 2009, 04:18 AM
I had the same problem here. It seems to be a wild-card error. If i watch him from the word GO, he won't do it, but if i'm in another loco he will do it and then restart his schedule. It seems to happen at random when my session loads. Sometimes he does it, other times he won't. But the main thing that i was concerned about was wether he continued to do what i told him to in his pre-set orders, and he does after the restart, so i tend to ignore this error because i know whats going on and that everything will still work okay.

I'm not certain that's a random behavior; If you are Driving the consist, I believe this gives you priority, but the AI around you will lose their senses!:D

jpereira
April 23rd, 2009, 04:25 AM
Ups!

I forgot to "re"-tell that my passing signal was during AI sessions, of course.

During driver sessions I'm the responsable for passing or not the signals.