PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion Of The Penn Central

mbv67
March 13th, 2009, 11:10 PM
This thread is about your opinion of the Penn Central Transportation Company.
Feel free to go all out on your opinions about one of the biggest brief railroads on the Northeastern United States. They had great and rare locomotives on their system. Also, you can list some of the sites that are related to the Penn Central but http://pc.smellycat.com (http://www.pcsmellycat.com) has the most info on their rolling stock. There is also some great content that has anything to do with Penn Central for trainz mostly at rrmods.com

Euphod
March 13th, 2009, 11:15 PM
The Penn Central as a whole never impressed me, but that may be because I am a native of New Jersey...

illinoiscentral
March 14th, 2009, 12:02 AM
You had to ask...
It sucked. Who in the hell would merge the PRR with NYC?
Al Pearlman was right if NYC would have merged with the B&O, it would probably be here today, the New York, Baltimore and Ohio Railway. Pennsylvania should have gone with either Milwaukee or C&NW.
Pennsylvania and Northwestern Railroad
Pennsylvania, Milwaukee and Pacific
But no it had to end up Penn Central then Conrail, I mean come on people.:eek:
Cheers!!!

mbv67
March 14th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Hey I agree with you. The NYC and the PRR were some great railroads. Heck, Even the New Haven railroad was great! Man some of these railroads today suck.

illinoiscentral
March 14th, 2009, 01:04 AM
New Haven was vey nice. So was Reading, Lehigh Valley, Boston & Maine, the list goes on...

jadebullet
March 14th, 2009, 02:00 AM
The merger of the NYC and PRR was one of the final blows that killed the Reading. Over all, it was poorly run because they were trying to focus too much on the PRR style of business, which didn't work they thought that it would. I agree that it should have merged with something else.

illinoiscentral
March 14th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Well need I say CSX?
Louisville & Nashville, Clinchfield, Chessie System, Seaboard.
Those were good mergers and thats why you can see a CSX train today.
How about Norfolk Southern?
Southern was a great railroad, so was Norfolk and Western, Virginian was unique, they merged to great the greatest railroad in the eastern United States.

Cheers.