PDA

View Full Version : Are Forums Playing Up???

seeseeme
March 5th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Each day I look at the forums by selecting "Today's Post" from the Quick Links link and on average there are around 150 new or altered post each time. At the moment though this number is up to 494 post and one I am looking for that has been altered today (Thursday 5th) does not even show up going back to March 2.

Even in the actual Screenshots section the thread is not there, though I can locate it from my notification email. Then the next problem is it takes me to page 7 of the 310 pages in the actual thread.

This is not one of those threads that seem to disappear when the pages "turn over".

There is something wrong here.

EDIT: There is something wrong here, this thread does not appear under the links for New Post nor Quick Links. Even looking for it under the "Trainz Community" list its not there, but shows on the side it is there.

Very Strange :(

Craig
:(:(:(

Mike10
March 5th, 2007, 07:55 AM
I'm seeing exactly the same things.

Mike.

seeseeme
March 5th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Just sent a notice to the Help Desk about this.

The only way to see new or altered threads appears to be on the right hand side under "Last Post" in each of the forum sections.

At least I received a Email Notification for Mike's post :hehe:

Craig
:):):)

cascaderailroad
March 4th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I posted on the 6th page of my own thread...and the reply ended up on the 1st page of my own thread. Now the entire 6 page thread is GONE...Right into cyberspace...Zip Bang Zoom...Right to the moon Alice !:hehe: LOL maybe it will show up ?

Ghostryder
March 4th, 2009, 10:14 PM
i just responded to a post in the aussie screenshot which i could not find in the list and that was accessed by an email update it took me to page 7 with the last page being over 300 it placed my response on page 7. so i think somethings up.

cheers

ghosty

Deffy
March 4th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Well i had a squint a while back and it was as if i had just logged in for the 1st time

Not a single topic was showing as read

Logged out and back in sorted it though :)

Not the 1st time weird things have happened and i assume it's down to auran still tweaking the server ?

Tony

S301
March 4th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah, it seems that Spiffy did some maintenance to the server, which thread the date back to March 07 (or there abouts)... Seems to be fixed now, except for these lost posts...
Zec

seeseeme
March 4th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Just noticed something has been fixed. The threads are now showing correctly ..... I hope :hehe:

It does worry me/us when this happens after the "Great Forum Crash".

Ghosty, that was the thread I was referring to, the Aussie Screenshot thread.

Craig
:):):)

illinoiscentral
March 4th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Well i had a squint a while back and it was as if i had just logged in for the 1st time

Not a single topic was showing as read

Logged out and back in sorted it though :)

Not the 1st time weird things have happened and i assume it's down to auran still tweaking the server ?

Tony
Same here. Seems to do this occasionaly.