PDA

View Full Version : Trainzoptions Lost a Line

ajho
March 5th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Don't forget there is a list of official trainzoptions in the TRS2006 manual, a pdf copy of which is included in the extras\documentation folder in TS2009.

Deffy
March 4th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Hiya's,

Kinda weird i guess what i'm going to ask lol

4wks or so ago i got TS2009wbe, started messing with settings and found all was well except for "shimmering" or alike on glass windows for example

After joining the forum i started to read and search, by chance i came across a post about trainzoptions or the post at least mentioned trainzoptions

Now i used a line a person had in his trainzoptions that could fix this "shimmering" problem on some ATI vidcards or at least make it less visually impacting

I added the line to my trainzoptions and lo n behold it really helped

Unfortunately the area around my rig is what i call organized chaos, the fiancee thought it was just messy and cleared it up, alas the dumb birch threw out all my scraps of paper and yep the line i wrote down for trainzoptions got binned grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Since i've since formatted the rig i have tried going back many pages on different parts of the forum in search of the post, tried searching too

I think because i stumbled upon the post the actual fix i found was not the main topic hence i cannot find anything searching

Anyone have a clue what i'm rambling on about ?? lol

If you do i could sure use that small line of text he he

Many Thanks

Have Fun

Tony

jimisham
March 4th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Try "trainzoptions.txt" in Search at the top and see if you can find it. You'll find one in there from January 3 regarding ATI cards and OpenGL. That might be the one you're looking for.

cascaderailroad
March 4th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I love the Trainzoptions file in TRS2006. I add:

-freeintcam
-surveyorfov=35
-disableintro
-enablerailjointsound

I would like to know of any other added lines ?

Deffy
March 4th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Hiya's,
Cheers for the replies :)

cascade, i found this earlier, it's in german so i use babelfish to translate

http://www.trainzdepot.net/readarticle.php?article_id=13

Explains what i assume are all the trainzoption possibles

Thanks Again

Tony

jimisham
March 4th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Here a link to some tests, and the results, that someone ran using the trainzoptions.txt settings from several users for TRS2004.
http://www.trainz.me.uk/config.htm

fran1
March 4th, 2009, 04:09 PM
WileeCoyote started one Jan 10 2008. Search Trainzoptions.txt modifications/additions, there's a few there.