PDA

View Full Version : Back to 2004!!! Why?

johnwhelan
March 5th, 2007, 06:16 AM
My twopennyworth:

TRS2004: solid as a rock, content is easier to manage with TrainObjectz.
Have the TC3 Skipton to Carlisle route, and steam locomotives running in TRS2004, and frame rates are excellent.

So you are not alone in going back, let's just hope that content continues to be created for TRS2004.

I'm surprised you got the steam locos sounds from TC3 to work in TRS2004. How about the hybar wagon? Do all its scripts work or have you disabled the scripts to get things working in TRS2004?

Thanks John

AussieRusti
March 4th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Hi,
Having been with the Trainz community for several years,I have reached a personal decision to go back to TRS2004.My decision to do so is mainly because Auran have decided to run with the idea of putting everthing in one basket so to speak.
With 2004 everything was sorted out by countries,or by user groups etc.Now you have to go through everything to find a particular item,especially if you dont know the correct name,or part thereof.Searching through content is very stressful if you dont speak or read a foreign language
This is NOT a whinge,but merely my observations as I presently see them.I will watch with interest to see what, if any progress is made with Trainz in the future.Twice now, with TRS2006 and TRS2009 I have believed the hype that Auran put forth,but enough is enough.I now have a decent monitor and video card and TRS2004 is looking great.:)

S301
March 4th, 2009, 01:30 AM
There is a content filter in 09, it's the button that looks like a 'funnel' (for pouring stuff). :) This allows you to search by country, author, kuid, last edit date... Well, actually, any search parameter that is in CM2 (except for 'open for edit' IIRC).
Zec

AussieRusti
March 4th, 2009, 02:03 AM
There is a content filter in 09, it's the button that looks like a 'funnel' (for pouring stuff). :) This allows you to search by country, author, kuid, last edit date... Well, actually, any search parameter that is in CM2 (except for 'open for edit' IIRC).
Zec
Thanks for that Zec, I'll have a look;)

rweber95
March 4th, 2009, 03:56 AM
You can also use it in conjunction with CM2 by highlighting some favorite
assets in the main CM2 window and drag the list into the Pick List Action Panel. Then its available in the Content Filter.

Bob

cascaderailroad
March 4th, 2009, 09:18 AM
TRS2006, Trainz Railwayz, seems to work fine, on Vista, as it has the bugs worked out of it.:cool:

geoffwilliams
March 4th, 2009, 03:42 PM
My twopennyworth:
TRS2009 is for the future, not enough content works with acceptable performance at the present time. And, for me anyway, both SP1 and the hotfix made things worse.

TRS2006 and TC3 are badly let down by Content Manager. Life is too short for the lengthy database and internet checks. In the case of TC3 this is indeed a pity because the scenery content and locomotives are superb.

TRS2004: solid as a rock, content is easier to manage with TrainObjectz.
Have the TC3 Skipton to Carlisle route, and steam locomotives running in TRS2004, and frame rates are excellent.

So you are not alone in going back, let's just hope that content continues to be created for TRS2004.

sethmcs
March 4th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Welcome back to TRS2004. I can't go back to something I never left.:hehe: